Strategy PokeBeach's Official Sixth Generation Ban List (OU)

Uralya said:
For the Mega Stones, this is what I could find:

Tier update for December 2014:
Wobbuffet moved from RU to NU
Lopunny moved from PU to RU
Altaria moved from PU to UU
Leafeon moved from NU to PU
Pidgeot moved from PU to RU
Sableye moved from UU to OU
Dragalge moved from NU to RU
Salamence moved from UU to OU (will drop soon lol)
Sceptile moved from NU to RU
Mawile moved from OU to UU
Houndoom moved from UU to RU
Beedrill moved from PU to UU
Metagross moved from UU to OU
Source

Any new Megas not on that list are in the same tier as before ORAS from the looks of it.

As for Moody, it is still banned from Ubers, but it is legal in AG iirc. The only clause in there is Endless Battle.

Dear god...how has Mega Wobbuffet not been banned to Ubers yet? :p lol sorry I had to. But on a more serious note how has Sceptile not been in OU? That thing is a beast!

| 34 | Sceptile | 5.21560% | 76949 | 5.216% | 60301 | 5.153% |
from last month's OU stats

Sceptile failed to move up to OU because this usage stat - combined with its comparatively lower usage stats from Sept/Oct - was not enough to make the "drastic change only" tier changes that were done.

Well, this month, we will allow to rise any Pokemon that you're more likely than not to see that Pokemon at least once in 10 battles (6.70% usage), and we'll allow to drop any Pokemon that you're unlikely to see in 40 battles (1.72% usage).
Since Sceptile was below 6.70%, it was moved within the lower tiers only. It should be up in OU at the next shift, and it may be quickly moved up through the lower metas anyways because it's so powerful. Overall, the tier update was rather messy, but it had no choice but to be put together in haste and with little metagame development. Everything will pan out in due time.

While from a point of view that's good news, I wouldn't be so relieved... I loved Aegislash back when it was legal and having it back wouldn't really bother me. I still think it could work well at this stage of the metagame, but with my long absence from battling my opinions aren't very credible.

I just want to point out that the OP doesn't have the Baton Pass clause listed anywhere. It basically says that Baton Pass cannot be used on more than one pokemon per team. Do we intentionally not use this clause, or is it just not updated?

I guess it is for the best. Although it is a shame they didn't try to make a suspect ladder with Aegislash without KS.
I wonder if they will re-suspect Mega Metagross after this.

I just want to point out that the OP doesn't have the Baton Pass clause listed anywhere. It basically says that Baton Pass cannot be used on more than one pokemon per team. Do we intentionally not use this clause, or is it just not updated?

The OP lists it under Complex Bans / Clauses (Ubers excluded).

oh. I can't read apparently o.o

I'm happy Aegislash reamins gone, I strongly disliked this tier very early in its stages where Aegi was legal. Although, I do wonder what the format would be like if they banned King's Shield instead. I'm not saying it was a good idea, but I'm really curious to see what would have happened.

Lando-I is gone. Looking forward to seeing what changes now that the meta doesn't have him around.

Source: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-ou-suspect-process-round-4-voting.3540007/page-7
FamilyGuy-Good20Good.gif

Good, good...now my stall team has one less threat, now for MegaGross.

FamilyGuy-Good20Good.gif

Good, good...now my stall team has one less threat, now for MegaGross.

Good point. Mega Metagross might be the prime reason why we barely see Mega Venusaur anymore.
But I don't know how likely it is to have a second suspect test for the same Pokemon that failed to be banned not too long ago.

>bans landorus-I
>not mega metagross
smogon logic

Really, though, I am happy to see Landorus go. I was spamming the ladder with HO teams involving it and it was pretty apparent to me how stupidly powerful Landorus was. Doesn't take much support at all for him to just cleanly run through a lot of teams. It will be nice to see how the ban shapes the metagame.

Sigh, just like last generation. Landorus is just too good for OU it seems. And yes, I agree with you One Approved.

The OP is updated.

That seems needlessly complicated. I've never had an issue with the 1 Baton Passer per team ruling so nerfing it even further seems really dumb to me.

Back