PokeBeach's Official 5th Gen Ban List

RE: PokeBeach's Official Ban List

Only 167 bans left before we reach an enjoyable metagame guys keep it up

We might not be done with Lando-I, its possible that it could be re-tested due to the super-majority re-testing.

I completely fail to see how Sand Veil and Snow Cloak fall under the evasion clause. In OU the only usually seen Pokémon with Sand Veil are Garchomp and Gliscor and even then Gliscor runs Hyper Cutter or Poison Heal and the only Snow Cloak Pokémon is Mamoswine. Your more likely to see Rain and Sun teams more then Sandstorm and Hail. So I really think they should be removed. Its just illogical since I have tested many ways to break these abilities.

Why wouldn't they fall under the evasion clause? They increase the user's evasion, and every pokemon with them now has an alternate ability it can use. Spamming Substitute until an opponent randomly misses, then getting a free SD and sweeping is certainly an abuse of the evasion clause, and even without sub, the fact that the move that would take it out might miss can cost you games and its totally detrimental to have that happen.

There's also a fair chance that Garchomp with Sand Veil would still be Ubers, mostly for the fact that hax can randomly win games with it as mentioned above.

Sand Veil is easily broken by a change in weather. If the top two sandstorm starters are already down then there would be no way to use Sand Veil. Plus if you want evasion clause add Bright Powder since it reduces accuracy of a rival Pokémon by 10%. It seems players just don't want to take the time to make counters to a problem so they ban what they dislike. Which is why I stick to noncompetitive play. For goodness sakes its just a game. Treat it as such.

Sand Veil is easily broken by a change in weather and your sandstorm abusers can be killed, yes; that's why you don't let your sandstorm creators die until the opposing weather inducers have (duh...). And neither Politoed nor Ninetales (especially the latter) can switch in on a Garchomp or even a Gliscor repeatedly, so that doesn't counter it at all.

Also, I'm fairly certain that BrightPowder is banned in standard OU (its missing on this list, but I think it is banned by Smogon, which is what everyone really goes by anyway).

Edit: http://www.smogon.com/tournaments/spl/rules "Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. The items BrightPowder and Lax Incense are banned."

Back