PokeBeach's January 2019 PTCGO Tournament, Sponsored by TCGplayer.com!

lukas2aces

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
GG. I should have won game 2 haven't I made that misplay, but I guess you would have won game 3 anyway. Good luck in your next rounds!

JGB146

♫♪.ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lılı.♫♪
Announcement time, folks!

PTCGO has some bugs, as we all know. There are two related to Blacephalon that I want to work around for this tournament:
1) If you lost-zone energy from Blacephalon resulting in less than 3 energy on Blacephalon, PTCGO incorrectly interprets this as thinking you are not able to attack Shuckle, thus preventing the otherwise easy KO. This is a major error on their part, and for tournaments in which I am TO, I will abide by the actual rulings of this interaction: Shuckle takes the damage as long as the correct amount of energy is attached at the start of the attack.

2) If you lost-zone beast energy from Blacephalon, PTCGO forgets about the effect for extra damage. If it is possible to play around this bug, please do so. However, if the difference between getting the last KO or not comes down to the extra 30 damage that should be applied when you send beast energy to the lost zone, then I will treat the results as if that discard had done the additional damage it should be doing.

In either of these cases, I hope that both sides will report the events accurately. However, I also ask that you save a screenshot of the bug as it happens and save the log. That will serve to enable me to rule on this matter even if PTCGO reports the results wrong. Further, if the pokemon saved by this attack already has enough energy on it to retreat, the person whose pokemon was saved must either retreat and not use the pokemon for the rest of the game OR keep it active without attacking until it is KO'ed.

Basically, whether or not the pokemon is KO'ed by one of these bugs in PTCGO, we will consider it to be KO'ed for our tournament. That means that if it is not presented as a free knockout, then the Blacephalon player needs two less prizes for the game to be considered a win on their side.

If there are additional bugs of this magnitude, please let me know and I will rule on them as soon as I am able.

Note that my rulings here do not necessarily extend to other months wherein Pokemedic is TO.

Last edited: