Writing PokeBeach's Fanfiction Awards: Winners Within!

Turtwig

Retired retired Mod. Jovimohnaeliackvid.
PokeBeach’s Fanfiction Awards: Voting List​
Well, it’s finally time to vote for the nominated stories and poems! The list of categories and nominees are below my little messages in case you’re curious of what story is up for an award. Remember that anyone can vote! It doesn't matter if you nominated or not--you have the ability to choose your favorites! However, before you go commenting your votes, the following message is important:

The comment section of this thread is only for questions. You will PM me your votes for each nomination (meaning that under each category under stories and poems) instead of placing them here for the sake of privacy.

There aren’t really any rules other than the basics of voting. You can only choose one nomination for each category, but you don’t have to vote for every single one. However, in your private message to me, you must have between one and eight votes (if you are confused, please PM me or ask below this post). Furthermore, there is no format for voting. You can list the winners in order or you can write out the category and your pick. There is no explanation needed.

Some categories have only one nomination meaning that, by default, the nominee wins the award. So they don’t feel left out later, I will congratulate them with the rest of the winners when the voting period ends. Furthermore, one or two categories competes between two stories of the same author (what luck!). In that event, just choose your favorite or whatever may have more potential.

The voting process is pretty straightforward. Now, the deadline is going to be set for July 17th. Please have your votes into me by midnight EDT for it to be counted!

Stories

Most Engaging Prologue / Opening ChapterFavorite Protagonist(s)Most Interesting PlotLargest Chapter-to-Chapter ImprovementMost Active & Informative Critic
  • Luckyfire
  • Le Roi-Soleil

Note: Despite the fact that one or both of these users are not active presently, they have demonstrated enough dedication within the few months that we allow stories, so they deserve recogonition as well!

Poems

Best Usage of Vocabulary / RhymeMost Intriguing MessageBest Overall PokéPoetry Entry
As a reminder, anyone can vote, even if s/he did not nominate. We want as many people to choose their favorites! Please PM me your votes and do not post them in this thread. It's reserved for questions!

Congratulations to everyone with a nomination(s)!

Let the voting commence!​

RE: PokeBeach's Fanfiction Awards: Voting List [Read Before Commenting]

Wouldn't it be a better idea to link to the nominations in question so we don't have to hunt? (Thanks to whoever nominated me, by the way.)

RE: PokeBeach's Fanfiction Awards: Voting List [Read Before Commenting]

PokeBeach's Fanfiction Award Winners!

The votes are in, and the few that did vote helped shape the winners for our first Fanfiction Awards ceremony! Now, without further ado, I present the winners:

Stories
  • Most Engaging Prologue / Opening Chapter: Crimson Road by Athena
  • Favorite Protagonists: Outlet by Uralya
  • Most Interesting Plot: Savages by Turtwig
  • Largest Chapter-to-Chapter Improvement: Nightfall by Chaos Jackal
  • Most Active and Informative Critic: [member]Luckyfire[/member]

Poems

Congratulations to all the winners! You are all outstanding aspiring writers, so I can't wait to read more of your work in the future! You all have talent, even if you were just nominated--that in itself is an honor!

On a side note, thank you all for nominating and voting for me! I only voted for myself where I had no other option, but I was flattered with the categories I won.

I hope this ceremony has both created a feeling of appreciation for our writers and of excitement for newer writers that join in our future! Remember that the number of active stories correlates with the chance of another round of awards.
Depending on activity levels, there may be even more awards given out than this time! However, the possibility of a "next time" is determined by our activity.

If you have any ideas for new categories, different formats, or anything of the sort for our possible future ceremony, please PM myself, [smod]Ice Arceus[/smod], or [mod]Delta[/mod].

Back