Writing PokeBeach's Fanfiction Awards: Nomination Thread

Turtwig

Retired retired Mod. Jovimohnaeliackvid.
tumblr_n78cb2oHxv1snsyxqo1_400.png

PB's Fanfiction Awards: Nomination Thread!

Hello, PB readers and writers! Welcome to the thread for our Fanfiction Nominations.

The Fanfiction Awards is our own token of appreciation to those who we feel have had the most creative and attractive stories and poems over the past few months. However, the art team will not be deciding the winners--YOU will be! As we progress through the month, be on the lookout for potential stories and poems that may deserve one of the awards presented below.

Until July 11th, we will accept a total of three different nominations for stories and two different nominations for poems from each user. This means that you can choose up to three stories for three different categories, and up to two poems for two different categories. However, you can only nominate the same story for two different categories. This is also true for any form of poetry.

Note that the author can still be nominated in the “Poems” categories as well--even if he or she has already reached the maximum nominations in the “Stories” section. If you are going to nominate stories and poems, you must compile all of your nominations into one post. The form will be provided below. You can nominate as little stories or poems as you like; you are not required to meet the maximum requirements.

For categories that specify a certain scene, chapter, or character(s), you must link of that scene/chapter or state the character(s) for nomination. For poems, you must link the poem being nominated. You are not required to explain why you made the nomination.

If you are reading this post as an upcoming writer, you still have a chance at winning an award. The only requirement for a story to be eligible for an award is that it has to have at least one chapter that fits the 800-word length; in other words, more than a mere prologue). Poems do not take as long as stories, but remember that PokéPoetry entries are also eligible for nominations! Be sure to look back at our past poems in order to find your favorite(s)! Keep in mind that the earlier you meet these requirements, the more time you have to receive nominations. You cannot nominate your own work, whether it be stories or poems. Also, only the stories that have been updated from November 1st of last year to July 10th of this year are eligible for nomination.

After July 11th, a separate voting thread will be posted. However, if you do not wish to vote in public, you may private message either [smod]Ice Arceus[/smod], [mod]Delta[/mod], or [mod]Turtwig[/mod] your votes.

Categories

Stories
  • Most Engaging Prologue / Opening Chapter
  • Favorite Protagonist(s)
  • Most Interesting Plot
  • Largest Chapter-to-Chapter Improvement
  • Most Memorable Scene / Dialogue
  • Most Active & Informative Critic
Poems
  • Best Usage of Vocabulary / Rhyme
  • Most Intriguing Message
  • Best Overall PokéPoetry Entry

In the form below, link specific chapters to the stories you are nominating. If you are actually referring to the characters award and not the scene / chapter award, please fill in the name of the protagonist(s) in the third line of the entry (in place of the chapter link). If you are nominating a critic, cite the username of the nominated person along the first line and link the comment on the third line of the form. For poems, you may either quote the poem itself (recommended that the title is included within the quote. Use
TITLE said:
to insert the title) or provide the link to the post in which it is displayed.

Once voting starts, remember that anyone can vote. Even if you didn’t nominate a story or poem, feel free to vote for your favorites! We will bring more information on the voting process as it draws closer, but remember this: though you can’t nominate for every category, you can vote in every category. But let’s not worry about that now; we have some nominating to do!

If you have any questions about the process/thread in general, feel free to post your question below or PM a Creative Works staff member.

Please copy and paste this form into your post in this thread.

Nomination Form:

Story Nominated:
Category for Nomination:
Link to Specific Chapter (if applicable):

Story Nominated:
Category for Nomination:

Story Nominated:
Category for Nomination:

Poem Nominated:
Category for Nomination:
Link to Poem Location:

Poem Nominated:
Category for Nomination:
Link to Poem Location:
[tr][td][/tr][/td]

Delta

Selling colourful Pokemon to Celadon Game Corner
RE: PokéBeach's Fanfiction Awards: Nomination Thread

Story Nominated: Smile on Peril's Past
Category for Nomination: Most Engaging Prologue
Link to Specific Chapter (if applicable): http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-smile-on-peril-s-past

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Can we self nominate, and how far back are we allowed to nominate stories?

Turtwig

Great questions! Self nominations are discouraged because, well...who doesn't want one's own story to be nominated? :p If you can get someone to nominate for you, go for it. Stories with updates this year (I need to update one of mine, then) are qualified, but I do not think we're going any further than that.

Updates: We removed the 5 chapter requirement and set it to at least one non-prologue chapter in a story.

I have changed the update requirement to November of 2013 because we have several games that took up thread spaces, which limited the number of eligible stories.

The prologue award is no longer limited to prologues; now, any story, prologue or no prologue, is eligible for the nomination. However, the nomination still relies on the opening chapter.

Drohn

Wild War Dance
Story Nominated: The Clash of Land and Sea.
Category for Nomination: Most Interesting Plot

Story Nominated: Knighted.
Category for Nomination: Favorite Protagonist(s)
Link to Specific Chapter (if applicable): http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-pg-13-knighted?pid=2512266#pid2512266

Story Nominated: Trump Card.
Category for Nomination: Most Engaging Prologue / Opening Chapter
Link to Specific Chapter (if applicable): http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-pg-13-trump-card?pid=2510314#pid2510314

Poem Nominated: Pelipper.
Category for Nomination: Best Usage of Vocabulary / Rhyme
Link to Poem Location: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-contest-pok%C3%A9poetry-iii-winner-announced-congratulations-pmj?pid=2540315#pid2540315

I'll be going through the poems soon to choose one for "Best Overall PokéPoetry Entry". :D Many great entries here. :)

Turtwig

Here is part of my nomination post. I will add the final poem and story entries once I decide which ones to choose.

Story Nominated: Crimson Road by the goddess Athena
Category for Nomination: Most Engaging Prologue
Link to Specific Chapter (if applicable): http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-crimson-road-chapter-4-part-1

Story Nominated: Nightfall by Chaos Jackal
Category for Nomination: Largest Chapter-to-Chapter Improvement
Link to Specific Chapter (if applicable): http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-pg-13-nightfall-part-2-chapter-1

Poem Nominated: My Dream by Drohn (PokePoetry I winner)
Category for Nomination: Best Overall PokePoetry Entry
Link to Poem Location: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-contest-pok%C3%A9poetry-i-winner-announced-congratulations-drohn?pid=2510532#pid2510532

BIG UPDATE: the nomination thread is now scheduled to end July 11th and not this upcoming Friday! We're hoping to achieve more nominations by then, so tell your friends to pick your stories and poems if you want to win!

Turtwig

Reminder! There are only two more days to nominate a story/poem before voting. Some will obviously be automatic winners, it seems, so you have to voice your opinion if you think otherwise! Hurry on and nominate a story!

Now you can make a self nomination for a story/poem you feel like you deserve an award for. Go for it!

Uralya

*ponders everything*
Story Nominated: Savages by Turtwig
Category for Nomination: Most Interesting Plot
Link to Specific Chapter (if applicable): -

Poem Nominated: Shedinja by Turtwig
Category for Nomination: Most Intriguing Message
Link to Poem Location: here

Story Nominated: Heart of Steel by Ninetales
Category for Nomination: Most Engaging Prologue / Opening Chapter
Link to Specific Chapter (if applicable): here

There would be more, but the ones I would have nominated are largely already nominated.

Turtwig

This is it! If you really want your work to be nominated for something, you better sign it up now! Self nominations are allowed now that people got to choose, and remember that some categories only have one nomination (or none at all..), so there may be some insta-winners!

Ninetales

Aspiring Trainer
This seems like a great idea Turtwig!
Is this going to be a recurring contest? In time "Heart of Steel" will have much more to show for. ^.^

Turtwig

Ninetales said:
This seems like a great idea Turtwig!
This going to be a recurring contest? In time "Heart of Steel" will have much more to show for. ^.^

It all depends on how successful this first event is. Depending on how many votes we get, I don't mind hosting more awards as long as we schedule a better time to host them.

I'm sure more stories will develop, too! Good luck with yours.

Also, the nomination thread will be over within the next two hours.

Ninetales

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, sounds like a plan to me.
Good luck with your writing endeavors too. Also, congratulations to the deserving winners!