Who Want a New Layout for the Site?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

ShadowSong

Never giving up
I think it's about time for Pokebeach to get a new look. I'm not saying major changes like the TCG site, but something like the pic below. I think it needs a more tropical look. Sorry it's a little small, but the only way I know how to get pictures on the site is through the URL or an attachment from a folder. Since I do not have a URL for this, it ended up smaller than hoped, sorry.

[attachment=85]

Attachments

• pokebeach layout.bmp
    380.3 KB · Views: 54
Nah, I like the current layout. It loads quickly and looks nice.

PS. PNG, dammit! Not BMP! Think of the 56kers! =(

RE:  Pokebeach Layout

bass_forte said:
Nah, I like the current layout. It loads quickly and looks nice.

PS. PNG, dammit! Not BMP! Think of the 56kers! =(

I'm not saying anything is wrong with the current, I just think it needs a little change here and there to make it look newer.

Also, BMP is the only way our computer will save an image. Don't know why, but there isn't a whole lot I can do about it, alright.

Wow. A few changes and I'd like it better than the current one. (The gradient green looks out of place.) But if you have a large enough version of that beach picture, you should post it up here- I really think WPM should use that one sometime.

Hmmm...

i dont like the concepts but i like, love gradients.

anyways, shining vaporeon? yes - looks nice and i would like to take a photo of one of the famous SE Queensland beaches and will give it to ya =p *cough* GOLD COAST *cough*

Porygon said:
Wow. A few changes and I'd like it better than the current one. (The gradient  green looks out of place.) But if you have a large enough version of that beach picture, you should post it up here- I really think WPM should use that one sometime.

I only used the green because I was thinking of palm trees.

Okay, I changed the layout look a little. Take a look. I changed the green to a more turqoise color.

[attachment=84]
[attachment=86]

Attachments

• pokebeachlayout2.bmp
    275.4 KB · Views: 39
  • pokebeachlayout3.bmp
    201.3 KB · Views: 44
The layout will be the last thing I change, if I even ever want to. Your layout is a little too image-heavy based too, which would cause the site much longer to load. The bubbles in the middle kind of remind me of an Angelfire/Maxpages site. :p I must say that I love the beach pic, though. I could never get a shot like that at the beach I go to since I have to be real close to the shore to grab a shot, and can't get a real wide shot. Care to link me to that image so I can use it in the future, or is it too small?

Water Pokémon Master said:
The layout will be the last thing I change, if I even ever want to. Your layout is a little too image-heavy based too, which would cause the site much longer to load. The bubbles in the middle kind of remind me of an Angelfire/Maxpages site. :p I must say that I love the beach pic, though. I could never get a shot like that at the beach I go to since I have to be real close to the shore to grab a shot, and can't get a real wide shot. Care to link me to that image so I can use it in the future, or is it too small?

No, I actually made it on powerpoint and pasted it to paint to make it small enough to load. I's plenty big. Exactly how do you want me to link it to you? Through PM, e-mail. Do you want the unshruken original version?

How large is the original, in pixels? If it's around 1280 pixels wide, PM me the link. :)

Water Pokémon Master said:
How large is the original, in pixels? If it's around 1280 pixels wide, PM me the link. :)

It is 644 wide and 480 high. So if that's okay I'll PM it right away.

Any hosts like Angelfire, Geocities, Maxpages, Yahoo, Lycos and many many others who have been supporting youngsters for man many years are just always have poor specs so thats why i prefer to avoid using their host or affiliating any sites under these since 2001.

Jade said:
Any hosts like Angelfire, Geocities, Maxpages, Yahoo, Lycos and many many others who have been supporting youngsters for man many years are just always have poor specs so thats why i prefer to avoid using their host or affiliating any sites under these since 2001.

It isn't AngelFire, Yahoo, ect, it's PowerPoint.

I like the layout and the banner and I don't want it to change any time soon because I like it just the way it is.:)

this site has a decent layout i'd really fix the hover color on the navs though, blue and red don't mix very well ;/

Back