Pokebeach being DDoS'ed?

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
I'm getting 502 errors every 5 or so minutes at the moment. Just wondering what, if anything, was happening

Noticed the same thing. I wouldn't worry about it for now. Probably just a busy server issue, nothing to worry about if you give it a bit of time.

I can assure you it's no DDoS attack. If you could tell me what pages you are getting them on I can look further into it.

I can assure you it's no DDoS attack. If you could tell me what pages you are getting them on I can look further into it.

It was yesterday and site wide. No matter where I was trying to access, I got the Cloudfire 502 Gateway error screen.

Normally 522 errors are when a site is under extreme traffic such as a Ddos attempt. I used to see them all the time on other websites.

I'm personally seeing site issues, continual need to login every visit, font changing back to times new roman alot, etc

I'm also having extreme problems. I cannot comment or even view normally anything on the front page, and even things on other forums (like this one) are a little wonky, and like Asche said, very Times New Roman.

The posting box off the front page is a jumble of pretty much everything except the box you write in (i.e [PokéBeach Rules / Terms of Service / Info], moderated by, Draft saved Draft deleted, etc. Sorry for complaining if this is a common issue with a fix in the makings, just thought I would say something.

This has been mentioned by WPM in some of the front page news posts. It's not a DDOS or anything, but it is a known problem that is currently being worked on.

WPM said:
Also, I finally found someone who can help with our server issues, so please excuse any downtime / errors / e-mail issues this week (not that you haven’t the whole summer). I’ve been trying to login to the site to make this news story since yesterday, so even I’ve been having trouble. Remember that this site is completely run by myself and other Pokemon fans, so if you can ever offer any kind of help, please let us know! Know programming? Server maintenance? Want to write news stories? Want to bring something new to the site? Let us know!

Site seems to be working significantly better today. Front page news comments are still messed up for me, but I haven't had errors or login issues or font issues.

Edit:
Front page comments are working!

Last edited:
Back