Writing Pokami: Return of the Celestial Gods

Skymin

What is winning without the losers?
Well, I've never been interested in becoming a author or anything, but I made this fanfic a while back and felt like writing it down. If you have played okami then you will most likely know the concepts of the story. But feel free to criticize and leave advice as I have never actually written a story; neither am I trying. ^^; But it would be nice to know what I'm doing wrong. ^w^

Prologue

Two hundred years ago, maybe even three hundred; supposedly a ark holding the destiny of the land of Nippon fell from the heavens along with a monster named Orochi. No mortal knows why, but ever since that dreaded heavenly machine crashed it's way into the icy flesh of the northern lands; this world has met it's fair share of despair. Demons spread like a disease in the bloodstream of a body, and Orochi spread his darkness throughout many regions killing every thing it touched. It's hundredth year of living in the world of the mortals it was slayed by the celestial god Shiranui, her envoy Ishaku, and the chosen trainer Nagi. Bringing peace to Nippon. But in the battle Shiranui had fallen, but the sacrifice was not in vain.

"Grandpa...you've told me this story many times, why do you share it with me again?" Lily asked confusingly. She remained in her grandfather's hut for the time being, as he gracefully finished painting an astonishing piece art. Lily eyed her grandfather's painting with a disordered look; due to the fact that she couldn't make out the image.

Carrying away the painting to a nearby shelf to dry off, her grandfather glared at her. "Well, because Lily, as amazing as your art skills are; I haven't seen you even bother to work on them, I've even heard that you don't pay attention or try in class." He lectured her as he wiped the paint off of his tail. "I just want you to become a sensational celestial envoy like me."

"Well...maybe I don't want to become a celestial envoy."

He stared at her with a bewildered look. "How can you not want to become a celestial envoy?" Unlike before, he started raising his voice; the disappointment and anger was noticeable. "That is what we were born to do!"

"Well, I don't think it is. I mean there is more to life than just serving the gods don't you think?" Lily replied to him with a tone of sadness. Her grandfather remained quiet and simply looked away. She didn't want to be there anymore.

"Well...see you gramps."

He didn't reply to her. Her blue eyes lingered to the floor below her as she simply stood up and headed out the door. The village of Ponc'tan was glimmering that morning, sunlight beaming through the creeps at the sealing of the small tree stump. The leaves reflected the little sunlight that hit them and the waterfall roared from a distance. Everyone that would usually be lurking around the village was either in class or working on new huts or supplies for the village; and with the luxury of being the granddaughter of the village chief and 6th celestial envoy she was excused from her art class, for that moment at least.

She made her way to the village entrance with the desire to explore the outdoor world that would be Yoshpet.

Should I go...

She reassured that none of the villagers were around, as she knew that if she were to get caught she would have to feel the wrath of her grandfather and that would mean weeks of punishment.

"I don't see the point... it's been a hundred of years since a celestial envoy was last needed and I'm pretty sure one isn't needed now." Lily murmured to herself. "A little adventure won't hurt a bored soul."

She crept her way through the entrance and looked up at the faded sky.

Oh, shweet deal! Okami, and Pokemon. I do hope you know I have my expectations high for this fic. ;D

Well, I'm kinda tired, so the only thing I really noticed right away was the following:

it's envoy Ishaku, andthe chosen trainer Nagi, and .

It's is its for one. and the for another. I'm not sure if you were going to include Nagi's sword (Tsukimori was it? I can't remember for the life of me...) That one sentence stuck out like a sore thumb in all honesty; I really suggest fixing that. :B

Besides that, I'll have to see how things are gonna run. It looks a lot like Okami from our favorite poncle's sort of view thus far. Again, I can only imagine what will happen in this story.

God it's getting late. Sorry I couldn't properly critique this...@_@

See what happens when you copy and paste then don't read over it. Totally editing this right now. Sorry. @_@

And that's ok, good enough advice since I was rushing. :D Nagi's sword, I don't really find it to be as important as Nagi himself, so I didn't find any interest of writing it in that specific paragraph. Since it's a brief summary.

Honestly it won't be only the poncles point of view, but that will be in later chapters.

Chapter 1:
The Other Side

Yoshpet, the trap that concealed Ponc'tan from the rest of the ancient world, the darkest forest which is centered by Ponc'tan. Unlike the center that received the effulgent light of the sun and moon on daily bases, the rest of the forest was a maze of many hazards. Such as ice that can freeze any normal mortal to death and dangerously poisonous or carnivorous plants. And it wasn't often to see any sort of creature enter the forest without getting eaten by the plantae or getting lost to meet the spirits of death. This forest was just a desolate forest of mysteries. Even some of the Smeargles from Ponc'tan barely know the forest by heart, and one of those being Lily.

Back