Finished PokéVigs 3 - Game over! Scum wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Does anyone read the plot? If you do, do you care about it? If so, you're going to be disappointed this time around... :U

PokéVigs 3: Now with condensed title!

Overview

Welcome to Pokémon Vigilantes 3, a fast-paced and lighthearted mafia/WW-like game hosted by your good friend Athena, and a sequel to the original Pokémon Vigilantes game that I hosted last autumn. For those who are coming into the game new, PV is similar to mafia games in that it contains an informed minority (scum) and an uninformed minority (town), and day and night phases. The biggest difference: there's no lynch. Instead, each player has the ability to make a vigilante shot during day phase to shoot and kill another player of their choice. Think someone is scum? Don't waste time deliberating; just shoot them.

This time around, we're adding and playing with some roles, so feel free to look over things again.

Game Progression

The game will start with Day 1. During the Day phase people are allowed to post in thread and discuss whatever they like, but no out-of-thread communication is allowed, except for the scum who will be allowed to communicate on their sideboard. Day phase is, of course, when the shooting happens. To shoot someone, use the format ##verb: playername. Once a player is shot, they immediately die and are not allowed to post anymore in thread (or on the sideboard if scum), but all other players are allowed to continue talking (and/or shooting). As such, there is no unshooting. The GM will process the death and post the player's rolename, role (if any), and affiliation publicly in the thread as soon as she is able.

Each player may only shoot once during the Day phase. Once you shoot someone, you cannot shoot again until the next Day. In addition to the per-player limit, there is a hard limit of X total shots per Day for all living players. X will be determined by the GM when sign-ups are closed so she can gauge based on the number of players.

Day phase will last 3 days (72 hours) unless or until one of the following happens:

1. All 5 3 daily shots have been fired. No matter who does the shooting, once 5 3 shots have gone off, the Day immediately ends.
  2. The majority of living players votes for the Day to end. You may do such by typing ##day end in thread. If you change your mind at any point you can type ##day continue to have your vote removed.
Once either of these conditions is met, no further shooting can happen and the GM will call Night as soon as she is available to do so. Once the GM calls Night, the Night phase begins. Night phase lasts for 24 hours, or until all Night actions are submitted, whichever is sooner. During this time, the scum will choose their nightkill, and any players with active Night roles will be allowed to use them. Once it's ready, the GM will post the nightkill in thread and the next Day phase will begin.

Town wins by eliminating all the scum. Scum wins by outnumbering (or equaling) the town.

If you have any questions, please ask!

Rules
1) The GM is always right.
2) No outside communication about the game is allowed, so no PMs, Skype talk, etc. Scum gets an assigned QT, but otherwise they must follow the same rules.
3) Anyone can "like" any post at any time, dead, alive, not playing, whatever. "Like" to your heart's content.
4) You are not allowed to quote the GM. If you must share my words with the thread, paraphrase them.
5) No talking after death, and that starts immediately after you've been shot.
6) No shooting after the day ends, whether it ends by vote or by using up all the shots.
7) If you break any of these rules, you will be modkilled. Let's keep the game fun for everyone. <3
8) If you do not shoot and/or act, and if you do not post, at least once during 2 consecutive day phases, you will also be modkilled for inactivity.
9) I reserve the right to add further rules at any point if I realize I've forgotten something. If I do add any rules, though, I'll post about it so you can check.

Roles

This game has a number of roles similar to WW/Mafia roles. Roles may appear once, multiple times, or not at all. The "Nightkiller" ability is given to all scum members, but they can also get additional roles. There is no limit to the number of roles a particular player can have.

Bomb: Explode upon death, killing your killer
Bulletproof: Protects you from any one shot, day or night; breaks upon successful use
Cheerleader: Allow a player of your choice to shoot twice the following day
Day Doctor: Protect 1 player of your choice from daykills, cannot self-protect
Investigator: Learn if a player of your choice has a role or is vanilla, but will not learn details of role, if any
Jailer: Block a player of your choice from being able to shoot the following day
Night Doctor: Protect 1 player of your choice from nightkills, cannot self-protect
Nightkiller: The scum's nightkill ability; all scum members have this role automagically, though only one nightkill is performed each night
Reflector Shield: Reflect any one shot taken at you to a different player of your choice; breaks upon successful use
Thief: Removes a player's role, if any, including an individual scum's ability to nightkill; does not learn details of stolen roles
Trigger Happy: Must perform a daykill every day or will shoot a randomly-chosen player during the night phase

Sign-Ups!

To sign up, please post in this thread indicating your desire to join. You must also include a Pokémon and its chosen move. The Pokémon will not necessary be yours, but will be assigned randomly as part of role distribution. You may not choose the same Pokémon or the same move as another player.

This game can run with any number of people, but the more the merrier!

1. Keeper - Magmortor (Fire Blast)
  2. Squirtle Squad - Pikachu (Surf)
  3. PMJ - Ditto (Transform)
  4. Omega Soul - Jigglypuff (Sing)
  5. BigfootAUS - Hoopa Unbound (Hyperspace Fury)
  6. Celever - Yanma (Sonicboom)
  7. Jeremy1026 - Abra (Teleport)
  8. Vom - Vivillon (Hold Hands)
  9. GM DracLord - Scizor (Night Slash)
  10. Machamp the Champion - Machamp (Machamp Crush)
  11. steffenka - Binacle (Razor Shell)
  12. bbninjas - Shinx (Scary Face)

RE: PokéVigs 3 - sign-ups open!

Ditto@Transform

Also, guys, just an FYI that I'm not going to be starting this until Tuesday because my husband has a long weekend for Easter and I'm not going to be around much Friday-Monday.

Oh, we're not doing anything special. Just that when hubby is home, I no longer have a monopoly on the computer. :p

In with Vivillon with Hold Hands! Even if it has no hands whatsoever.

Machamp The Champion said:
I'm in with Machamp with Machamp Crush. Don't fix what ain't broke. Even though I lost last time

I got machamp and won #dontfixwhataintbroke

I'll try something new, and join with Binacle and Razor Shell :3

Ugh
I have to pull out. I'll be absent from Tuesday now >.>

No problem; feel free to post again if that changes. :p

Ope, forgot I started this thread. >_> It's too late now for me to start the game up tonight, but someone post in this thread after me so it'll be unread and I'll see it in the morning and remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back