Finished Pokémon Vigilantes 2: Electric-type Boogaloo - Scum wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
The Pokémon village of Mura used to be a peaceful, quiet place where many wild Pokémon choose to live. Then the gangs came and the residents started a vigilante-style war to take out the evildoers. Although the townsmon were ultimately successful, in the end they became the thing they feared, a loud bunch of violent thugs. The village was prone to strife and random acts of violence, and it wasn't long before the nearby city of Viresca was forced to send an ELITE SQUAD of crimefighters to the once-peaceful village in hopes of calming the chaos...

Pokémon Vigilantes 2: Electric-type Boogaloo

Overview

Welcome to Pokémon Vigilantes 2, a fast-paced and lighthearted mafia/WW-like game hosted by your good friend Athena, and a sequel to the original Pokémon Vigilantes game that I hosted last autumn. For those who are coming into the game new, PV is similar to mafia games in that it contains an informed minority (scum) and an uninformed minority (town), and day and night phases. The biggest difference: there's no lynch. Instead, each player has the ability to make a vigilante shot during day phase to shoot and kill another player of their choice. Think someone is scum? Don't waste time deliberating; just shoot them.

While the last game was moderately successful, albeit short, this game has a few changes to the original, including the addition of some roles and some changes to the rules. So please read over the full OP, even if you played last time!

Game Progression

The game will start with Day 1. During the Day phase people are allowed to post in thread and discuss whatever they like, but no out-of-thread communication is allowed, except for the scum who will be allowed to communicate on their sideboard. Day phase is, of course, when the shooting happens. To shoot someone, use the format ##verb: playername. Once a player is shot, they immediately die and are not allowed to post anymore in thread (or on the sideboard if scum), but all other players are allowed to continue talking (and/or shooting). As such, there is no unshooting. The GM will process the death and post the player's rolename, role (if any), and affiliation publicly in the thread as soon as she is able.

Each player may only shoot once during the Day phase. Once you shoot someone, you cannot shoot again until the next Day. In addition to the per-player limit, there is a hard limit of 5 total shots per Day for all living players.

Day phase will last 3 days (72 hours) unless or until one of the following happens:

1. All 5 3 daily shots have been fired. No matter who does the shooting, once 5 3 shots have gone off, the Day immediately ends.
  2. The majority of living players votes for the Day to end. You may do such by typing ##day end in thread. If you change your mind at any point you can type ##day continue to have your vote removed.
Once either of these conditions is met, no further shooting can happen and the GM will call Night as soon as she is available to do so. Once the GM calls Night, the Night phase begins. Night phase lasts for 24 hours. During this time, the scum will choose their nightkill, and any players with active Night roles will be allowed to use them. After the 24 hours is over, the GM will post the nightkill in thread and the next Day phase will begin.

Town wins by eliminating all the scum. Scum wins by outnumbering the town.

If you have any questions, please ask!

Rules
1) The GM is always right.
2) No outside communication about the game is allowed, so no PMs, Skype talk, etc. Scum gets an assigned QT, but otherwise they must follow the same rules.
3) Anyone can "like" any post at any time, dead, alive, not playing, whatever. "Like" to your heart's content.
4) You are not allowed to quote the GM. If you must share my words with the thread, paraphrase them.
5) No talking after death, and that starts immediately after you've been shot.
6) No shooting after the day ends, whether it ends by vote or by using up all the shots.
7) If you break any of these rules, you will be modkilled. Let's keep the game fun for everyone. <3
8) If you do not shoot and/or act, and if you do not post, at least once during 2 consecutive day phases, you will also be modkilled for inactivity.
9) I reserve the right to add further rules at any point if I realize I've forgotten something. If I do add any rules, though, I'll post about it so you can check.

Roles

Unlike the other game, this game will include a number of roles, many of them akin to traditional mafia roles. Each of the following roles will appear at least once and may appear multiple times. The "Nightkiller" ability is given to all scum members, but scum can also gain a second role in addition to Nightkiller. All innocents have a maximum of 1 role and scum have a maximum of 2 (Nightkiller plus 1 other role).

Bomb: Explode upon death, killing your killer
Bulletproof: Protects you from any one shot, day or night; breaks upon successful use
Day Doctor: Protect 1 player of your choice from daykills, cannot self-protect
Investigator: Learn if a player of your choice has a role or is vanilla, but will not learn details of role, if any
Jailer: Block a player of your choice from being able to shoot the following day
Night Doctor: Protect 1 player of your choice from nightkills, cannot self-protect
Nightkiller: The scum's nightkill ability; all scum members have this role automagically, though only one nightkill is performed each night
Reflector Shield: Reflect any one shot taken at you to a different player of your choice; breaks upon successful use
Thief: Removes a player's role, if any, including an individual scum's ability to nightkill; does not learn details of stolen roles
Trigger Happy: Must perform a daykill every day or will shoot a randomly-chosen player during the night phase

Sign-Ups!

To sign up, please post in this thread indicating your desire to join. You must also include a Pokémon and its chosen move. The Pokémon will not necessary be yours, but will be assigned randomly as part of role distribution. You may not choose the same Pokémon or the same move as another player.

This game can run with any number of people, but the more the merrier!

1. bbninjas - Roserade (Bullet Seed)
  2. PMJ - Kadabra (Recover)
  3. Squirtle Squad - Squirtle (Hydro Pump)
  4. Jeremy1026 - Caterpie (String Shot)
  5. Celever - Misdreavus (Dazzling Gleam)
  6. Vom - Lilipup (Baby-Doll Eyes)
  7. Machamp the Champion - Machamp (Machamp Crush)
  8. GM DracLord - Flygon (Bug Buzz)
  9. Omega Soul - Delibird (Present)
  10. Keeper of Night - Gengar (Dream Eater)

RE: Pokémon Vigilantes 2: Electric-type Boogaloo

In!! Sounds like lots of fun!

Roserade w/Bullet Seed pls

Wow, my fingers are really slippery today <.>

Dude, you can only join once, you know.

in with Kadabra@Recover

I can't wait for someone to Recover someone else to death.

In with my faithful Magikarp with Splash

EDIT: just read the first game of this game and saw IE already did the whole Magikarp wjth splash thing...

So can I change to Squirtle with Hydro Pump?

Squirtle Squad said:
So can I change to Squirtle with Hydro Pump?

Yeah, you can change your mind as much as you want up until the game starts so long as you don't double up on something someone else already chose.

In with Lilipup with Baby-Doll Eyes :p

Ooh yes! I loved the first Pokemon Vigilante. Thanks for making it again Athena! I'm in with Machamp and Machamp Crush.

Funnily enough, I actually introduced this game to some of my in real life friends, and we've been really enjoying it. Are games are usually around 8-9 players. Day phases last 2-3 minutes, and there's no night kill, or night phase. It's lead to some pretty hilarious results. Looking forward to playing it on PokeBeach again. :D

I feel like, without a NK, the mafia team is kind of powerless, though I suppose I could always give them better roles. :p

I think it's fine without a NK. The teams have won about equally so far. With 2 minute day phases, it's harder to deduce who the wolves are. It's probably better to have a NK in the online version though.

Machamp The Champion said:
I think it's fine without a NK. The teams have won about equally so far. With 2 minute day phases, it's harder to deduce who the wolves are. It's probably better to have a NK in the online version though.

Fair enough. I've never played any type of Mafia/WW in person instead of online, so I have no idea how they would go. :p

In with delbird and present.

Can't wait to kill someone with a seasonal offering.

Weekend is a crappy time for me to do things, so I'm going to leave sign-ups up over the weekend and start the game on Monday.

Last call for sign-ups! Game will be starting in a bit less than 24 hours or so.

o_O
Almost missed this, and nobody thought to invite me?

In with Gengar and Dream Eater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back