XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y General Discussion - Don't Post Topics That Have Their Own Thread!

Well i live in canada so it'd be really weird if they didnt release it in the states too, here are the stats:

Event Deadline: 2/28/14 - 3/7/14

Victini @ Choice Band

Nature: Jolly

Ability: Victory Star

31 IVs In All Stats

252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe

- V-Create
- U-Turn
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

Im not sure if this forum will allow me to post a link, but i'll try anyway, here is the Youtube video that got me it...

Link removed because hacks. ~Athena

RE: Pokémon X / Y General Discussion - Don't Post Topics That Have Their Own Thread!

That's a hack you have there.
A legit one, to get through bank, but a hack nonetheless.
Real Wi-Fi events don't require you to change your DNS value or enter the GTS. Real events come from normal Nintendo servers and are picked up in pokémon centers from delivery people.

Keeper of Night said:
That's a hack you have there.
A legit one, to get through bank, but a hack nonetheless.
Real Wi-Fi events don't require you to change your DNS value or enter the GTS. Real events come from normal Nintendo servers and picked up in pokémon centers from delivery people.

oooooooooooooooooooooh im so sorry i probably shouldnt have posted that then!!

:|

I am new to this whole wi-fi thing & had no clue. Im kinda dissapointed.... yet at the same time i guess thats what i get for not doing my research!

emmah said:
i probably shouldnt have posted that then!!

I did remove the link in your post because, yes, that sort of thing isn't allowed to be promoted/shared here. It's not your fault, though; the guy in the video should really be more open about the fact that it's a hack.

Athena said:
emmah said:
i probably shouldnt have posted that then!!

I did remove the link in your post because, yes, that sort of thing isn't allowed to be promoted/shared here. It's not your fault, though; the guy in the video should really be more open about the fact that it's a hack.

Thanks ! :)

I agree i would have appreciated at some point him mentioning btw this is a hack to those silly people like myself who didnt know.

I feel stupid now haha :p

The term "hack" and "legit" in this conversation seem to be drifting from the standards used by many concerned with the topic and it's connection to pokemon. "Legit" is short for "legitimate" and usually applies to official events, and other pokemon caught/bred in game. Legitimacy is very hard to prove unless you have constant records of the pokemon, including the encounter all the way up to the present. Legal, on the other hand, applies to any pokemon that has stats, nature, moves, and hidden values (PID, IVs, EVs, caught-in entry, origination game, etc.) that are at least possible to obtain legitimately (whether the pokemon was edited or not). A 'hack' refers to a pokemon known to be edited, usually with illegal attributes, like having over 510 total EVs, caught location, original game, moves, ability, etc. There are circumstances "legal hacks" come into play, where either only minor editing is done, but it still falls withing normal game parameters (like editing Flamethrower onto a mon that learns it by TM anyway), or when a mon is created from scratch, but such attention to detail is applied it is indistinguishable from any other legal or legitimate pokemon (in the case of this event, likely).

An alternate definition of hack is when an external device is used to modify the pokemon's data in-game. This is probably the more 'refined' definition of a hack, as practically anyone can derp around with the programs that result in the first group of "hack" pokemon. This version actually threatens your save and/or system if you use bad codes. I do not endorse, like, suggest, or in any other way look favorably on editing pokemon data in any way.

Athena is right however. Pokemon received through DNS manipulation generally are not considered legitimate since such use usually results in clones of a possibly edited pokemon's data, whether said pokemon is legal or not.

RNG abuse is another matter entirely. All that is done here is prediction of when a desired pokemon will appear using the game's unaltered mechanics, and the 'abuser' simply changes his/her DS/3DS clock and proceeds to make the circumstances of the encounter match the prediction. No alteration of the game is done and you could encounter these exact pokemon blindly, it's just not likely without intentional effort (not is it entirely easy). As such RNG abused pokemon normally fall under the "legitimate" category, though they are undeniably still in the "legal" categorization since the actual game was not altered in any way.

Thank you for reading. This has been my (not-so-)mini-rant of the week. I may be a little pick about terminology use, but it helps keep things clear, especially when trading/battling.

*[smod]Drohn[/smod]: Thanks for the explanation! I slightly edited your post to remove the mentioning of illegal products. :p *

Guys whatever network your PC uses to connect to the Internet is your 3DS also uses the same network connection to connect to Nintendo's internet network.:)

Cloning in XY

I am having a very hard time finding some that can clone and not sure if this is the right place for the thread but I need some stuff cloned but having a hard time finding a cloner. Thanks XD.:)

I've been given an opportunity to play the next game in the Pokemon franchise- Pokemon W. Apparently, it is the prequel to Pokemon X and Y, and it centers around a much larger and more inhabited Kalos. That is... before AZ's weapon.

I've been given the opportunity to play 30 minutes of the game so far, and I was impressed. The game's mascot is an unnamed Pokemon that apparently assisted AZ in the Great Kalos War 3000 years prior to X and Y.

The game takes place before the Kalos War, and also partially during it as well.

I was able to make it up to Gym 1, and it was located in Quadcorne Town, as it was known prior to the war, and is now Aquacorde Town. It was a town divided into four main portions symbolizing each season of the year.

And yes, Seasons make a return in Pokemon W.

Pokemon W is its beta name, and may not be the name they ultimately decide to use.

The first gym leader is named Xaled, a boy who specializes in the Grass-type. He has a very interesting looking gym. It is decorated with vines and flowers on the outside, and it has a puzzle where you hop over flowers and get teleported into different flower based rooms. The trainer levels range from 9 to 17. There are three trainers alongside Xaled in the gym.

Trainer 1 is a Pokemon Ranger, an Aroma Lady and a Youngster.
Pokemon Ranger Kara uses Shinx and Electrike, at levels 9 and 11.
Aroma Lady Judith uses Pikachu and a new Pokemon, Kobalt, a Poison/Electric snake Pokemon, at levels 9. 10 and 12.
Youngster Jason uses Tynamo, Mareep and new Pokemon Thryu, a Thundurus-looking Electric/Flying Pokemon at levels 10, 11 and 13.

Finally, Gym Leader Xaled uses Heliolisk, Karthryu, the evolved form of Thryu and Elekid, at levels 13, 15 and 17. This was a difficult gym!

That is all I was able to get up to. You start in Vaniville, Route 1 is much expanded, and the starters types remain Fire, Water and Grass.

The professor is not Sycamore, and her name was Professor Spiraea.

Bobby Degeratu said:
I've been given an opportunity to play the next game in the Pokemon franchise- Pokemon W. Apparently, it is the prequel to Pokemon X and Y, and it centers around a much larger and more inhabited Kalos. That is... before AZ's weapon.

I've been given the opportunity to play 30 minutes of the game so far, and I was impressed. The game's mascot is an unnamed Pokemon that apparently assisted AZ in the Great Kalos War 3000 years prior to X and Y.

The game takes place before the Kalos War, and also partially during it as well.

I was able to make it up to Gym 1, and it was located in Quadcorne Town, as it was known prior to the war, and is now Aquacorde Town. It was a town divided into four main portions symbolizing each season of the year.

Pokemon W is its beta name, and may not be the name they ultimately decide to use.

The first gym leader is named Xaled, a boy who specializes in the Grass-type. He has a very interesting looking gym. It is decorated with vines and flowers on the outside, and it has a puzzle where you hop over flowers and get teleported into different flower based rooms. The trainer levels range from 9 to 17. There are three trainers alongside Xaled in the gym.

Aroma Lady Judith uses Pikachu and a new Pokemon, Kobalt, a Poison/Electric snake Pokemon, at levels 9. 10 and 12.
Youngster Jason uses Tynamo, Mareep and new Pokemon Thryu, a Thundurus-looking Electric/Flying Pokemon at levels 10, 11 and 13.

Finally, Gym Leader Xaled uses Heliolisk, Karthryu, the evolved form of Thryu and Elekid, at levels 13, 15 and 17. This was a difficult gym!

That is all I was able to get up to. You start in Vaniville, Route 1 is much expanded, and the starters types remain Fire, Water and Grass.

Actually quite good and if it were any other day than April 1 and so close to the release of X and Y I just might believe this or at least give it the benefit of the doubt.

Bobby Degeratu said:

Note:
Forgive me.
The gym is an Electric-type gym and the exterior is decorated with lights of yellow and grey color. There is also a statue of a Pokemon, an Electric/Fairy-type that has a big correlation to the game.
The interior has you move around on beams of different sizes, and you have to time your maneuvers carefully. There are also times when the lights go on and off, so time your maneuvers properly there too.

I was thinking of a different gym, please excuse me.

LLR said:
Actually quite good and if it were any other day than April 1 and so close to the release of X and Y I just might believe this or at least give it the benefit of the doubt.

It was quite well written, but the premise is still on the classic "My uncle works at GameFreak and gave me a Pikablu" level. There were a few flaws tastefully left in there to allow readers multiple chances top catch on, but none too blatantly obvious. One of the better-executed pokemon 4-1s I've seen thus far.

The big thing that makes this look fake to me is that he mentions new Pokemon, when this has never been done before (adding completely new Pokemon for the new version, unless you count the forms and such.)

I love the idea of a prequel to X/Y instead of sequel. Sequels are common these days..

I just want them to do the predictable thing, tbh. Just give me my Z version and get it over with. I'll buy it, enjoy it, and move on. A prequel may be cool, but I dunno :/

This could end up like the STAR WARS franchise where we had IV V VI first & then I II & III years later except this time it is Pokemon and now they will do W before they do Z. The sequel will be Z version. That is a given XD.:)

I am curious is Pokemon W officially been confirmed as the next new game and is this for real? Thanks XD.:)

xxashxx said:
I am curious is Pokemon W officially been confirmed as the next new game and is this for real? Thanks XD.:)
It was posted as an April Fools joke... Too many people have taken it too seriously. Sadly, I can't truthfully say I'm surprised either. People seem to suspend disbelief too easily nowadays in circumstances where they shouldn't.

Oh. It sure looked pretty real. That stinks XD.:)

To be honest I wouldn't buy it if they called it Pokemon W. Terrible ring to it. And that would mean Zygarde isn't a Z shape and it transforms into a W. Wygarde! *gets shot*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back