XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y General Discussion - Don't Post Topics That Have Their Own Thread!

What does the error message say?

RE: Pokémon X / Y General Discussion - Don't Post Topics That Have Their Own Thread!

Jungletoad said:
*I didn't find any other place to post this*

I have been able to battle and trade on my Pokemon Y version since the release day. I can still log on to the internet in-game, but when i try to wonder trade or go onto the GTS I get an error message. I've had the problem since yesterday.

This has never happened before, does anyone here have some experience with this problem??

Maybe you need to update the newest version on eshop ?

Everything works except wonder trade now.

I updated my 3DS yesterday, but there was no update on Pokemon.

It's not a major thing, as long as I can use GTS and battle im happy. The wonder trade thing just annoys me.

Did you download the Y version 1.2 patch? If not you need to do that as well and also the version 1.1 patch as well to make sure everything is up to date XD.:)

EDIT: Just checked mine and it works fine. If you can't find the patches Put in Pokemon X/Y in the eshop search bar and it should be on the 1st page.:)

xxashxx said:
Did you download the Y version 1.2 patch? If not you need to do that as well and also the version 1.1 patch as well to make sure everything is up to date XD.:)

EDIT: Just checked mine and it works fine. If you can't find the patches Put in Pokemon X/Y in the eshop search bar and it should be on the 1st page.:)

That's more than likely not the problem he was experiencing. If I recall correctly, when I got Y version in January, I couldn't start the game (at the 'select language' menu) without being automatically sent to the eShop. To download the patches.
And if he got his game before the patches were released, he wouldn't be able to connect to the internet without downloading the patches.

Do we have a trade thread?

I am so confused right now....

My GTS works fine, it has never given me an error message.
My battles works fine, it has never given me an error message.

My wondertrades won't work at all, and it just gives me a "communication error" with no error code.
When I trade with friends I get a "communication error" message with no error codes. After like 5 times with failed attempts the trade goes through.

Does anyone have an idea??

Reset your Wifi on your 3DS System? I don`t know if It work, but you can try it!

Not sure if you guys saw this but all 4th and 5th gen DS Pokemon games and Pokemon games previous to X/Y will no longer support Wi-Fi come this May. Not sure on an official date but in roughly 2 months all Wi-Fi support will be cut off. Which means no more cloning before migrating unless you have your own device XD.:)

xxashxx said:
Not sure if you guys saw this but all 4th and 5th gen DS Pokemon games and Pokemon games previous to X/Y will no longer support Wi-Fi come this May. Not sure on an official date but in roughly 2 months all Wi-Fi support will be cut off. Which means no more cloning before migrating unless you have your own device XD.:)

We do actually have an entire thread for this here.

ShinyVincent said:
Reset your Wifi on your 3DS System? I don`t know if It work, but you can try it!

I don't get it? Explain a bit more? ^^

Im a n00b

Jungletoad said:
ShinyVincent said:

Im a newbie
Set again your Wi-Fi as you did the first time.

Jungletoad said:
ShinyVincent said:

Im a newbie

On the 3DS's main menu, go to;
> System Settings
> Internet Settings
> Connection Settings
> & Either test your current connection or create a new connection

Is it possible to share the connection from your desktop to the 3DS?

I have two access points, and my mobile devices (such as the 3DS only finds the worst one). My MAC and PC finds the better one AND the one that sucks. It has to be some way I can share the internet to the 3DS?

):

Jungletoad said:

I have two access points, and my mobile devices (such as the 3DS only finds the worst one). My MAC and PC finds the better one AND the one that sucks. It has to be some way I can share the internet to the 3DS?

):
My geeky son says 3DS and PC's don't talk.
But you may want to go into the tools of your home menu and try to set up a new internet connection with the better source then delete the old one.

LLR said:
Jungletoad said:

):
My geeky son says 3DS and PC's don't talk.
But you may want to go into the tools of your home menu and try to set up a new internet connection with the better source then delete the old one.
Actually you can share the wifi. Instacheck may not be able to check the stats of a pokemon, but for games like Pokemon that need a solid wifi connection it still works for "rerouting" the wifi. I use it at my college sometimes to use the GTS/do wifi battles/etc. Beware tho not all computers can run it and you'll need an extra/unused wireless adapter to get it to work. Since instacheck is just an extension of Virtual Router Plus, that program works too.

speaking of Wi-Fi, i just picked up the wi-fi event victini and transfered it over to my X

I love this little guy, im surprised people arent talking about it all over this forum.... am i late to the party or early?

cant tell lol.

emmah said:
speaking of Wi-Fi, i just picked up the wi-fi event victini and transfered it over to my X

I love this little guy, im surprised people arent talking about it all over this forum.... am i late to the party or early?

cant tell lol.

Which WiFi Victini?
I only knew about the one in B/W

It's likely only a local event wherever emmah is. It's at least not out in the USA (or it's the old one and was just never picked up earlier).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back