XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poison Master

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

HikaruAyame said:
I don't know why people don't count Megas in their tallies. Yes, we're probably only going to have 70ish ALL NEW Pokemon, but evolutions have always been counted before. We're already looking at 25ish Megas, bringing the count up to 95ish total, which is just a little short of the expected 100.

Because a Mega Evolution isn't permanent change, so it's not really an evolution. It's more of a form. We've never counted a new form as a new Pokemon before.

EDIT: OMG, Houndoom! It looks awesome, and Solar Power is a fantastic ability for it. Now where's the Jynx evo I've been waiting 14 years for?

MuhFugginMoose

I'd Say Grass Knot!
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Zielo said:
MuhFugginMoose said:
I count them. :3

Especially since there's more to come.
They're entirely different designs. So, they may as well be evolutions.

I'm iffy about it.. I kinda half count them. Not all Megas shown have enough design as an actual evolution would. For example, Mega Mawile looks like it could be an actual evolution, but the only main difference about Mega Ampharos is the hair. Some are largely diverse, some are hardly.
Besides that, Megas aren't true evolutions. They aren't their own Pokemon, and they don't have their own dex numbers.

It's just a really debatable thing in the long run.

Uh oh. More leaks are coming in. Better skedaddle. xD

Well, Roselia > Roserade didn't have much of a change, it got some hair and a "cape".

These Megas have different designs, different stats, and different abilities.
They might as well be separate evolutions.

Neal White

Aspiring Trainer

AtmosphericThunder said:
Another new Mega Evolution:

00567.png

00568.png

Mega Houndoom's ability is Solar Power. Houndoominite is exclusive to Y while Houndoom itself is exclusive to X.

Really the pokemon is exclusive to one version and its stone another? If that's not the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Anyway looks cool.

FT10

Aspiring Trainer

LordTerminal said:
FT10 said:
YES! A CERBERUS!

No it's technically not. I only count one head. Cerberus has 3.

Yeah...I guess you're right. I got a bit ahead of myself (no pun intended). I just meant it looks like a hellhound!

AtmosphericThunder

Artist

Neal White said:
AtmosphericThunder said:

00567.png

00568.png

Mega Houndoom's ability is Solar Power. Houndoominite is exclusive to Y while Houndoom itself is exclusive to X.

Really the pokemon is exclusive to one version and its stone another? If that's not te stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Anyway looks cool.

They did the same thing to Tyranitar's and Aggron's Mega Stones too.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer

Um How did someone get Mismagius? It's not in the Kalos dex's.

MuhFugginMoose

I'd Say Grass Knot!

Neal White said:
AtmosphericThunder said:

00567.png

00568.png

Really the pokemon is exclusive to one version and its stone another? If that's not the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Anyway looks cool.

It forces you to have friends. . .
So stupid.
>.>

jdivinity

Still a dorky art student

Mega Houndoom is gorgeous. Just wow. I'm really loving how Bannette and Houndoom look in their mega evolutions. I read here many pages back that Druddigon was candidate for Mega Evolution. If so, and it turns out just as gorgeous as Bannette and Houndoom, then I'll be forever happy.

I'm liking how tricky to find Mega Stones are though. More challenge.

SuperDuper

Aspiring Trainer

Isn't Manectric supposed to be the counterpart to Houndoom in the Kalos dexes? (being exclusive to Y right, while Houndoom is in X?)

So could that possibly mean Manectric gets a Mega too, with its stone being in the opposite version?

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer

SuperDuper said:
Isn't Manectric supposed to be the counterpart to Houndoom in the Kalos dexes? (being exclusive to Y right, while Houndoom is in X?)

So could that possibly mean Manectric gets a Mega too, with its stone being in the opposite version?

I thought Liepard was the Y exclusive to Houndoom, because they're both Route 1/2 Dark types.

Neal White

Aspiring Trainer

MuhFugginMoose said:
Neal White said:

So stupid.
>.>

I have plenty of friends to trade with I am expressing my opinion.

AtmosphericThunder

Artist

SuperDuper said:

Apparently, it does get a Mega Evolution.

Waiting for picture confirmation.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer

Neal White said:
MuhFugginMoose said:
So stupid.
>.>

I have none because no-one I know has a 3DS IRL.

AtmosphericThunder

Artist

Blob55 said:
Neal White said:

I have none because no-one I know has a 3DS IRL.

You can get friendcodes from people online.

Also, I'll let someone else post Mega Manetric, since I got to post Houndoom.

MuhFugginMoose

I'd Say Grass Knot!

Neal White said:
MuhFugginMoose said:
So stupid.
>.>

I didn't say you didn't.
The reason for it is to promote making friends by trading these pokes around.

SuperDuper

Aspiring Trainer

Blob55 said:
SuperDuper said:

I thought Liepard was the Y exclusive to Houndoom, because they're both Route 1/2 Dark types.

No, I believe Mightyena was the counterpart to Liepard. Which sucks because I want Y, but X gets more of the exclusives I like (Houndoom!) but I prefer Skrelp's evo to Clauncher's. So it all works.

SuperDuper

Aspiring Trainer

MuhFugginMoose said:
Mega Manectric. :3

00576.png

Meh, I never really liked Manectric before, and now I think it looks a bit sillier. But it's an okay looking Mega. It looks bulkier than regular Manectric, but maybe that's just because of the big stupid lighting bolt hair, hahaha

HikaruAyame

Beauty Queen/Demon Lord

It looks... awkward. The lightning bolt looks like it would slow it down a lot. o_O Then again Pokemon logic != real world logic, so whatev.

Status
Not open for further replies.