Discussion Pokémon That Haven't Been in a Single Set in This Generation

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Decided to make a thread instead of re-posting it. Going by Generation and not by formats, so Pokémon that got cards only before Ultra Prism still count.

Kanto: Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam
Johto: Sentret, Furret, Pichu, Bellossom, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby
Hoenn: Zigzagoon, Linoone, Castform Sunny, Castform Rainy, Castform Snow-cloud
Sinnoh: Budew, Burmy, Wormadam (All Forms), Mothim, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Mantyke
Unova: Servine, Serpiror, Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott, Timburr, Gurdurr, Conkeldurr, Maractus, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus, Frillish, Jellicent, Klink, Klang, Klinklang, Mienfoo, Mienshao
Kalos: Quilladin, Chesnaught

TOTAL: 41

e-Card:

Skyridge: Kadabra

Diamond and Pearl:

Diamond & Pearl: Bonsly, Mantyke
Mysterious Treasures: Abra
Legends Awakened: Castform Sunny, Castform Rainy, Castform Snow-cloud
Stormfront: Budew

Platinum:

Supreme Victors: Chingling

HeartGold & SoulSilver:

HeartGold & SoulSilver: Pichu, Smoochum
Triumphant: Elekid

Call of Legends:

Call of Legends: Magby, Mime Jr.

XY:

XY: Timburr, Gurdurr, Conkeldurr
Flashfire: Sentret, Furret, Maractus
Furious Fists: Minefoo, Mienshao
Phantom Forces: Frillish, Jellicent
Primal Clash: Zigzagoon, Linoone
Ancient Origins: Bellossom

XY BREAK:

BREAKthrough: Quilladin, Chesnaught
Fates Collide: Alakazam, Burmy, Wormadam (All forms), Mothim, Servine, Surperior, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus
Steam Siege: Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott, Klink, Klang, Klinklang

Last edited:

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Well we already know we shouldn't expect to see another card of Kadabra basically ever. Shouldn't some mega evolutions be on here as there are some that have never received a card at all like Mega Abomasnow or Mega Latias.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I agree with Pikachu, and also what about forms like White Kyurem?
The thing with forms, is I don't want to clog this up with too many of them. Also, I'm not sure where to stop with them, like should I do all forms or just the ones that have Stat/Type differences? I list these as any Pokémon last released in any form.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
The thing with forms, is I don't want to clog this up with too many of them. Also, I'm not sure where to stop with them, like should I do all forms or just the ones that have Stat/Type differences? I list these as any Pokémon last released in any form.
You could do the ones that have different names maybe. Like B/W Kyurem or the rotoms :/

sunny0106

Aspiring Trainer
Thankyou for the valuable information.iam very much impressed with this one.
Looking forward for the good posts.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
You could do the ones that have different names maybe. Like B/W Kyurem or the rotoms :/
OK, only going to include forms that:
1. Aren't only around for one Generation, like Spiky-eared Pichu and Cosplay Pikachu.
2. Didn't stop getting their own cards and instead have multiple forms on one card, like Unown and Shellos.
3. Haven't only had one form appear in the entire TCG, like Floette.

I'm unsure on Megas because they're only going to be around for Gen 6 and 7, which is more than one Generation.
I'm also unsure on Alolan Forms because they could only be around for one Generation.

PokemonMasterNate

VMAX Charizard will be mine!
Well we already know we shouldn't expect to see another card of Kadabra basically ever. Shouldn't some mega evolutions be on here as there are some that have never received a card at all like Mega Abomasnow or Mega Latias.
And Mega Lopunny. I want it bad ;-;

Pikachu6319

Scooby
OK, only going to include forms that:
1. Aren't only around for one Generation, like Spiky-eared Pichu and Cosplay Pikachu.
2. Didn't stop getting their own cards and instead have multiple forms on one card, like Unown and Shellos.
3. Haven't only had one form appear in the entire TCG, like Floette.

I'm unsure on Megas because they're only going to be around for Gen 6 and 7, which is more than one Generation.
I'm also unsure on Alolan Forms because they could only be around for one Generation.

I'd suggest including Megas as we don't know that they won't be around for later generations. I remember it being speculated they would only be around one generation which appeared to be true until M. Sableye and Tyranitar GX. I'd also suggest including Alolan forms because although I know only time will tell I suspect this is not a one generation thing. They may never introduce other forms after this generation but what we have might still see more cards released.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
I'd suggest including Megas as we don't know that they won't be around for later generations. I remember it being speculated they would only be around one generation which appeared to be true until M. Sableye and Tyranitar GX. I'd also suggest including Alolan forms because although I know only time will tell I suspect this is not a one generation thing. They may never introduce other forms after this generation but what we have might still see more cards released.
The reason why I'm considering not including those is actually because of Sword and Shield. Those games get rid of Megas and probably Alolan Forms too and who knows how that will affect the TCG. I suspect the TCG will also limit the amount of and forms of Pokémon to those only available in Galar Dex and then later Sinnoh Dex.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
I think next set will either add 5 or 10 neglected Pokémon, to make it an even 60/55. Could have the rest of the starters.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Updated, this could be the final total but the last Japanese set may have a few surprises.