Pokémon Spoon 2.0, PROGRAMMER WANTED.

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
bellsproutda8.png

As some of you may have heard, I have decided to revive Pokémon Spoon, an old project which started over a year ago, but died around March this year. Pokémon Spoon is pretty much a parody of the traditional Pokémon games, but with a lot of content from other games, TV series, internet memes and much, much more.

The game, however, is designed entirely unlike other Pokémon games, which means we have a slight problem, because ROM-editting won't work, and this game will have to be build from zero. So, you know, if you're a cool person who is able to make a game like this (preferably a single-window game with set size and stuff), and if you have the time to help us, feel free to apply here or PM me about this.
Also, it has to work on macintosh.

We still have to decide what the battles will look like or the menus and such, so you still have a lot of freedom there. It can't be that hard to program, most of the stuff is reduced to a minimum. Also for download speed and everything

More details about Pokémon Spoon can be found here:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=23755
And on the following youtube vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQCTmeYD42I&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veaEN5f6Ccg&feature=channel_page
(There were programmed on something which handles maps and everything perfectly, but menus, battles, talking, and everything else... not so much)

And now some more images and spoilers to please those who came here hoping to see something new and interesting here:

I've made quite a lot of items for this game already, they're all 40x40 and they look pretty sweet in my opinion, well, some of them:
thunderstoneyu3.png

Thunder Stone :D

galacticdvdud9.png

Now what would this be?

carrotjuiceeu9.png

Or this.

pokeballrh1.png

I recently did the Pokéballs, which were quite a lot of work, actually. We have exactly 20, some of them weirder than others. If you've been in the chat lately, you will have probably seen some others, or at least heard about them.
eightballol0.png

And now for some Pokémon who will be in, just to spoil some stuff. There aren't that many new Pokémon I want to spoil, like, none.
exeggcuteqv9.png
Exeggcute
loleggcuteki4.png

kangaskhanbp9.png
Kangaskhan
kangaslolrl7.png

magnezoneja1.png
Magnezone
lolzonena5.png

urigellarcm2.png
Uri Gellar
kadabrayr5.png

And to finish, here's Cradnappy once more :O
cradnappyzb6.png

lolnappyau0.png

That's it for now, I'll try to keep you guys updated. Suggestions, comments and the likes are always welcome. If you're not a programmer and still think you'd be able to contribute greatly, feel free to try and convince me.

wurmlol2ln2.png

Yahr, I can program. It'd work pretty much the same as the other games, I guess. Not sure if it'll work for macs though.
I can do some other random stuff. It depends what needs to be done. :S

You should carry on with this spoons, is it basically a pokemon game with your art in it?
\you should carry on,Magma King is brillina at progamming.

Cool items. New pokemon at the end. :D Cradnappy for the third or fourth time. :// Too bad this died; I hope you guys can finish this before I'm dead.

dmaster out.

I know some excellent programmers who would be very excited to help with this game. PM me to learn the names ;D

Oh, and this looks smashing :D

v
l l
U

This game looks evil. xD Oh well I followed it before but never was there to post. Now I am, so let's begin. :)

Bacon wrote a pretty good Storyline, I don't think we need any help with that.

If you really want to be in, I'm going to need way more than "I can kinda do this, I guess, which isn't really all that much, but hey, I'm cool, right?". Any suggestions, however silly, are welcome, though. Don't be emo if we don't use them, though.

Okay Spoon. I am here and have skills in several areas I could help with. So just PM me a job besides the prgramming job and I will LMUK if I can do it.

You could use RPG Maker XP and poccil's Pokémon starter kit; it's what I'm using for my game. Most of the systems (battle, menu, etc) are coded, and it's fully customisable (if you can find some screens of my battle system, you'll see what I mean).

However, RMXP only has a 30-day trial; after that, you have to buy it for $60.

Back