XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Playthrough Questions & Answers

Sslie Zoommo said:
Is it possible for two pokemon with the same OT have different ID #'s?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but yes. If a person had 2 games and used the same in game name in each the OT would be the same but the games would assign a unique ID, giving the different ID#.

Drohn

Wild War Dance

That is correct. Also if two different people happen to use the same name their OT would be the same, but their ID (very likely) different. Chances of ID numbers being the same are EXTREMELY low.

Sslie Zoommo

Champion...I think

I know it's the same one person/OT, but two of his pokemon have different ID's.

LLR

Vivillon Trader

Sslie Zoommo said:
I know it's the same one person/OT, but two of his pokemon have different ID's.

The Pokemon probably came from 2 different games.

iSharingan

Competitive VG Tutor and Gizoid

Just to clarify, to most "professional" traders (I use the term loosely. I simply mean those who trade quite often, usually for shinies and/or competitive pokemon) OT refers to the combination of originating game, trainer name, TID (Trainer ID) and SID (Secret ID). Having the same name, but different ID numbers would imply either tha game was restarted and the same name used, or two different games were used (ignoring the unlikely case of hacking, at least for gen 6. Simple TID/SID editing is usually not enough to make a pokemon register as illegal unless it's done to make a pokemon shiny that normally can't be, though I don't recommend trying it under any circumstances since problems can still crop up)

Sslie Zoommo

Champion...I think

Thanks guys, I was just wondering since I got two shiny 6th gen pokes from one person but they have different IDs but the same OT

LLR

Vivillon Trader

This question is going to reflect my inexperience with certain aspects of Pokemon. Actually I never cared before...but now I want to learn so.

I want to go Hidden Ability hunting in Hordes.
I know that sometimes Pokemon in Hordes have their hidden ability.
I know that you can't use Trace to identify which one if any has hidden ability because trace works at random with the Pokemon in the Horde. You don't know which one had the ability that was traced. Also trace only works on one Pokemon and doesn't give you info about the other 4.

I've heard the suggestion that using Skill Swap works because you use it on only 1 Pokemon at a time and you choose the Pokemon to use it on.

Is there any other way(s) of identifying a Pokemon with it's Hidden Ability in a Horde?

iSharingan

Competitive VG Tutor and Gizoid

LLR said:
This question is going to reflect my inexperience with certain aspects of Pokemon. Actually I never cared before...but now I want to learn so.

I know that you can't use Trace to identify which one if any has hidden ability because trace works at random with the Pokemon in the Horde. You don't know which one had the ability that was traced. Also trace only works on one Pokemon and doesn't give you info about the other 4.

I've heard the suggestion that using Skill Swap works because you use it on only 1 Pokemon at a time and you choose the Pokemon to use it on.

Is there any other way(s) of identifying a Pokemon with it's Hidden Ability in a Horde?
It depends on the ability. Skill Swap is the most reliable method, but for abilities related to stat-boosts/drops on the ability user, weak spread damage moves (Acid/Powder Snow/Twister, for use against abilities like Weak Armor) and/or spread status moves (like Leer/Growl, for use against abilities like Competitive/Defiant). Others will work like Immunity Gligar, where you can use Toxic to test for the ability. The only other ability I can think of off the top of my head that you wont have to actively test for is Speed Boost. While not a HA, it makes Yanma swarms easier to sift through for HA members.

What's most efficient, IMO, is to just trade for a low IV HA parent someone else doesn't need from when they bred the mon (many people will give you one for "free", ignoring the need for a crapmon to use in the trade). This way you know yopu have a chance of passing on the ability, can instantly check the children for the ability, and you can start working on any needed egg moves almost immediately.

NoDice

Pancham=PURE AWESOME

LLR said:

Use a mon with an ability altering move like Worry Seed.

Saix

Champion over all
Need Help With Breeding: Egg Moves, IV, & Everything Else

Alright, so today I've decided to go for a shiny Spiritomb (Got it in friend safari) and I want it to have some good IV's and the parents nature and one eggmove (Nightmare) All I have is a Japanese ditto and a spiritomb. What do I do to make it so I have the eggmove, the IV's, and the nature?

Angela Anuszewski

I'm a Fighting Type.
RE: Help breeding egg moves and IV's and basically everything.

This forum is for the trading card game. Try posting here: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum-vg-news-general-discussion

Saix

Champion over all
Breeding Pokémon: Possible to Pass On Forgotten Egg Moves?

So recently I got a 6IV Spiritomb with Jolly and the move Nightmare. Its been in the daycare for some time and when I took it out once, it lost its move Nightmare. So, do I have to use a heart scale to make him Relearn Nightmare so the eggs will still know nightmare, or will the eggs still know Nightmare even after Spiritomb has deleted Nightmare? I'm trying to get a 5-6IV Spiritomb with Jolly Nature and the move Nightmare.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
RE: Question about breeding Pokemon

If it is an egg move and the Pokemon forgot it and were taken out from the day care it will no longer be able to breed Pokemon with that egg move.

(just checked if it is an egg move so yeah it cannot breed another one with nightmare if he forgot it after leaving the daycare. a Pokemon will breed egg moves even if he forgot them but was not taken out from the day care )

Gorzki

Aspiring Trainer
Hi i am new here and am searching an answer to a problem with Friend Safari.

I have the FC of someone we both have defeated the elite 4 but i can't get the third pokemon on the friend safari (the third pokeball not showing:p and the character sprite is a question mark).
What's the problem and how to fix it?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
You both have to be in-game and online at the same time in order for your games to sync and show the third Pokémon. Once you've done this once, the third Pokémon will always show.

handbanana2010

Aspiring Trainer
new to deep training pokemon

Ok so honestly ive been playing pokemon since the first generation but never really played it after the pokemon league. Since i have bought Y i have been playing non stop and ive been reading threads on here about IV pokemon, how do you make them and what are they? Again you can call me a noob but i just want to know what im doing and how to do this. I am also currently looking for blazikinite and some certain pokemon. If you want to know what i have PM me and i can talk. Anyone who can explain this to me would be greatly appreciated.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
RE: new to deep training pokemon

handbanana2010 said:
Ok so honestly ive been playing pokemon since the first generation but never really played it after the pokemon league. Since i have bought Y i have been playing non stop and ive been reading threads on here about IV pokemon, how do you make them and what are they? Again you can call me a newbie but i just want to know what im doing and how to do this. I am also currently looking for blazikinite and some certain pokemon. If you want to know what i have PM me and i can talk. Anyone who can explain this to me would be greatly appreciated.

IVs are invisible aspects of a Pokemon, which give them small boosts in stats. 31 is the max of any IV. To get a perfect IV Pokemon takes a while; there are many guides on the web - just type 'how to IV breed a Pokemon' into google and it should come up with how to do it.
Blazikenite is currently unavailable unless you can get someone to trade you one, but in November when Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire are released, they'll be available in game and will therefore decrease in value.

FoxFire

Fox Pokemon Rule!
I have a question about the order of operations for abilities like Pixilate, in combination with STAB.

Pixilate ups the power by 30%, and STAB ups it by 50%

So, does this mean that a move's power goes up 80% (adding the numbers), or 95% (multiplying the numbers)?

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Not really sure where to put this (as there isn't a designated thread) but I'm having uncertainty on my team in X (ie I really don't know what else to have)
current team:
Greninja @lv.36
-Water Shuriken
-Surf
-Lick
-Strength
Surf is my move of choice, Lick I've never gotten rid of for no apparent reason, Strength - I needed something to use it, Water Shuriken - its ok for taking out low HP opponents quickly
when I get it I will definitely give it Ice Beam and Dark Pulse

Tyrunt @lv.37
-Dragon Claw
-Rock Tomb
-Stealth Rock
-Crunch
DC, RT are for stab, SR - I've never gotten rid of it, plus it might come in handy sometime, Crunch - decent coverage, plus power is boosted by Strong Jaw

Venusaur @lv.36
(can Mega Evolve)
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder
-Petal Dance
-Double Edge
LS and SP are to mess around with opponents, Petal Dance is stab, DE - lets just put it this way: I found out the hard way that I had nothing to hit Flying or Bug types with her. (planning to replace it with Sludge Bomb)

Vivillon @lv.37
-Bug Buzz
-Draining Kiss
-Psybeam
-Stun Spore
BB is powerful stab, DK/Psybeam are filler/coverage moves, Stun Spore is to help catch Pokemon. (note: I plan to replace DK and Psybeam with Quiver Dance and Hurricane when it gets it)

I really need another Pokemon to use... preferably one that can solidly counter Fairies, as a) 2 of my Pokes are weak to it, and b) I have nothing to hit it for SE. (a Fire type would be great, as I really want one in general...)
(also, I am not getting rid of Vivillon incase anyone has that thought.)
suggestions welcome!

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Fire-Types are resistant to Fairy, which is nice, though Poison- and Steel-types are the moves that are SE against Fairies and there are no dual-typed Fire/Poison or Fire/Steel Pokémon. If I were to pick a Fire-type in your situation, I would probably go Talonflame, since it can learn Steel Wing by level-up or TM to help you with your fairy problem. Otherwise, you may wish to go for a Poison- or Steel-type, since they would keep the resistance while getting larger access to more SE moves, and get STAB from them, too. Skarmory, Aegislash, and Arbok were my fairy-killers of choice in my last X playthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.