XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drohn

Wild War Dance
Here you can post any question you might have related to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y that aren't covered in the other threads.

Be as detailed as possible to avoid problems and misunderstandings!

Note: This thread is not to discuss rumours or speculation!

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
Where are you Pre Ordering Pokemon X & Y From ?

So, I have Pre Ordered, but I may just change my mind.

I originally Pre Ordered from GAME, but I pre ordered it in my college town, the problem is it comes out on a Saturday. This means, I have to travel which is spending money for bus or train.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out ?, where is the best place to Pre Order from. I'd prefer to Pre Order online, and perhaps get it a day early ?. It has to be in the UK, but share where you Pre Ordered from and why ?.

I was thinking:

GAME Online
Shopto.net
Amazon.uk
Tesco online

Proceeded

Ampha-bulos!
RE: Where are you Pre Ordering Pokemon X & Y From ?

I pre ordered Pokemon X Version from GameStop. I'm going to pick it up October 12th or 13th, for sure. I chose GameStop because its the closest store from where I live. Not much else to say. Not sure if they have GameStop in the UK, and I've never Pre ordered online.

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Where are you Pre Ordering Pokemon X & Y From ?

Yeah, we don't have GameStop here, I will just have to Pre Order it for my local ASDA it's round the corner from my house.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
RE: [split] Where are you Pre Ordering Pokemon X & Y From ?

TheTPCProductionz said:

I originally Pre Ordered from GAME, but I pre ordered it in my college town, the problem is it comes out on a Saturday. This means, I have to travel which is spending money for bus or train.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out ?, where is the best place to Pre Order from. I'd prefer to Pre Order online, and perhaps get it a day early ?. It has to be in the UK, but share where you Pre Ordered from and why ?.

I was thinking:

GAME Online
Shopto.net
Amazon.uk
Tesco online

I've always preordered from GAME online; it's also likely that you'll receive your copy a couple days beforehand - I think that they send the games out a few days before release date, so logically it should come on the release day.

I've never used Shopto or Tesco for this, but based on previous experiences with CDs I think that Amazon only ship preordered stuff out on the release day, as opposed to before the release day - this could have changed.

nightkeeper

defending the night

P.DelSlayer said:
TheTPCProductionz said:

I was thinking:

GAME Online
Shopto.net
Amazon.uk
Tesco online

I've always preordered from GAME online; it's also likely that you'll receive your copy a couple days beforehand - I think that they send the games out a few days before release date, so logically it should come on the release day.

I've never used Shopto or Tesco for this, but based on previous experiences with CDs I think that Amazon only ship preordered stuff out on the release day, as opposed to before the release day - this could have changed.

I preordered the following from GameStop: Blue edition X/Y 3DS XL, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y

Already received the 3DS, but I was confused since it wouldn't allow me to ship both games on the same order, I had to pay for two separate orders. Since I didn't want to receive both of them a few days after, or pay for 1 day shipping for both, I did 1 day shipping for Y and standard shipping (5-10 business days) for X.

I was under the impression the games wouldn't begin the process until the 12th. Do you think there is a chance I'll receive Y on the 12th or even maybe before? That'd be epic.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

nightkeeper said:
P.DelSlayer said:

I preordered the following from GameStop: Blue edition X/Y 3DS XL, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y

Already received the 3DS, but I was confused since it wouldn't allow me to ship both games on the same order, I had to pay for two separate orders. Since I didn't want to receive both of them a few days after, or pay for 1 day shipping for both, I did 1 day shipping for Y and standard shipping (5-10 business days) for X.

I was under the impression the games wouldn't begin the process until the 12th. Do you think there is a chance I'll receive Y on the 12th or even maybe before? That'd be epic.

I can't tell you since I have absolutely no idea how GameStop handle preorders - if you want to find out then the best way is probably to look on their website and see what preorder information you can find; if there's nothing you can find and you really want to know, then you could send them a quick query or something.

I'm talking about a whole different business to you though - it's highly probable that whilst one sends the games out a couple days early, another only ships out the games on the release date.

nightkeeper

defending the night

P.DelSlayer said:
nightkeeper said:

I can't tell you since I have absolutely no idea how GameStop handle preorders - if you want to find out then the best way is probably to look on their website and see what preorder information you can find; if there's nothing you can find and you really want to know, then you could send them a quick query or something.

I'm talking about a whole different business to you though - it's highly probable that whilst one sends the games out a couple days early, another only ships out the games on the release date.

I think I confused myself. I saw GAME and must have misconstrued as GameStop. My bad.

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Questions and Answers

Do we know yet what the amount of NEW (That is, Kalos Region, non-Mega Pokemon) there are? The rumor I saw floating around a while back was 70, but it was before legit sources; I'm going to guess that it was nothing more than that itself, a guess.

I would check the Pokedex threads, but I don't want to dive into spoilers...

nightkeeper

defending the night

SotS said:
Do we know yet what the amount of NEW (That is, Kalos Region, non-Mega Pokemon) there are? The rumor I saw floating around a while back was 70, but it was before legit sources; I'm going to guess that it was nothing more than that itself, a guess.

I would check the Pokedex threads, but I don't want to dive into spoilers...

A lot of people think it is 70 new pokemon on top of those we have already seen, around 50. This is just speculation though, not based on anything concrete.

Sslie Zoommo

Champion...I think

Pre-ordered x from amazon, does anyone have experience with how long/ when it will get to me? Does amazon ship
over the weekends? I have prime.

Avegaille

サッカ やろうぜ!

Anyone have a rough idea of how many characters can the trainer name have? I mean, I wish they would increase it from 7 after all these years plus the 3DS can carry so much data, I highly doubt they'll keep it at the 7 character limit forever... :x Leakers should at least know this... (killing mu curiousity already)

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer

Sslie Zoommo said:
Pre-ordered x from amazon, does anyone have experience with how long/ when it will get to me? Does amazon ship
over the weekends? I have prime.

On Amazon.co.uk it says it will arrive on the 12th, so...

I'd like to know how many HMs will be i the game. Strength and probably Fly and Surf are already confirmed.

Kaiser Dynamo

I Hate Fairies...

Avegaille said:
Anyone have a rough idea of how many characters can the trainer name have? I mean, I wish they would increase it from 7 after all these years plus the 3DS can carry so much data, I highly doubt they'll keep it at the 7 character limit forever... :x Leakers should at least know this... (killing mu curiousity already)

The character limit for Pokemon naming is increasing (A leaked Pokemon has a longer name than previous limit) so I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens for trainer naming. I can't confirm, this is just speculation, but if Pokemon character limit is changing I believe trainer's will, too.

Ririka

Give me Mega Milotic, now.

Do anyone know what firmware we're supposed to have to play Pokemon X/Y? I haven't updated my 3DS since last August :/

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer

ArceusTrainer said:
Is Charizardite X/Charizardite Y Tradeable?

Mega Stones are tradeable.
After the reveal of Mega Charizard X, Eurogamer contacted TPCi regarding this and got an answer: "These stones are like other in-game items so they can be traded by attaching to a Pokémon, and trading that Pokémon with another," --"This is the same mechanism as with earlier Pokémon games for trading items."

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-03-mega-charizard-x-pokemon-revealed

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer

What are the levels of the gym leaders Pokémon?

ArcanineArco

Arcanine Expert

For people who are pre ordering, Amazon are great at making sure you have it on release day, I have pre ordered many times from there and they have always delivered on release day! :)

ALSO! .. In Plymouth, England, GAME is opening up at midnight for Pokemon X and Y because some University students got a signed petition going. A lot of people signed it!. They took it to GAME and they agreed to open up at midnight!. The staff are not being paid to open up for midnight either so it is very nice of them!, and it is the only GAME store opening up in this city for X and Y. Luckily this is where I live so I will be able to meet up with other Pokemon fans outside and get excited for the midnight release! SO AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.