ORAS Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire! Ruby & Sapphire Remake / Sequel Confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...
pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-main-169-us.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=kT9yhO98e9c&u=/watch%3Fv%3DywGSON9tNq0%26feature%3Dem-uploademail

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=kT9yhO98e9c&u=/watch%3Fv%3DywGSON9tNq0%26feature%3Dem-uploademail[/video]

Post on official site: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-omega-ruby-and-pokemon-alpha-sapphire/

Official site said:
Announcing Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems! Prepare for an epic adventure exploring a world filled with Pokémon!

Pokémon fans first enjoyed Pokémon Ruby Version and Pokémon Sapphire Version when it launched in 2003 for the Game Boy Advance. Now, a whole new generation of Pokémon fans will experience the dramatic storyline that unfolds in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

Look forward to Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire when the games launch worldwide in November 2014!

RE: RS REMAKES CONFIRMED

YES!!!! Better than the dragon-type Charizard! Ruby was the first game I played as a serious fan.

Can finally remove all the "Hoenn confirmed" things now haha.

I do hope its R/S in the XY grapihcal era, minus the horrific lag issues that plagued XY.

I'm so excited these remakes are coming out. Granted 3rd gen was one of my lesser favorites (pokemon wise), I loved the gameplay and things like the secret bases and such. Hope to see those aspects of the game return to the remakes as well as some really cool new features! I was beginning to get bored with X & Y now that I'm completely done with it. Now I have something to look forward to!

Er, these might not actually be remakes. "Remakes" is never once said in that post--"new" is thrown around a lot there, and in the video. Sequels? :O Sequels would make a bit of sense, as I'm not sure how original RS would really translate to 3D. Probably remakes, though. :p

I'll be sure to save my Money for this! :D

I wonder if the TCG will go back to Hoenn?

Super excited for this. :) I loved 3rd Gen and can't wait to play through Hoenn again, whether it's a sequel or a remake.

RE: Ruby & Sapphire Remake/Sequel Confirmed!

Another point for sequels: Poke Transfer! How weird would it be to transfer 'mons from RS to Gen IV, and then Gen V, only to transfer them into Gen VI where RS are being remade?

RE: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Saphire! Ruby & Sapphire Remake / Sequel Confirmed!

Ka$h Money said:
Is that Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre on the cover?

Their "etchings" look different, but I don't see any physical differences.

I think I have never felt this excited for a Pokémon game, EVER! I can't wait to get back underwater and make my own secret base in 3D! :D I wonder whether we will get Mega Evolutions for Groudon and Kyogre. They look different on the cover.

RE: Ruby & Sapphire Remake/Sequel Confirmed!

Chariblaze said:
Another point for sequels: Poke Transfer! How weird would it be to transfer 'mons from RS to Gen IV, and then Gen V, only to transfer them into Gen VI where RS are being remade?

I could definitely be wrong or not getting your point completely, but isn't that not necessarily true? Fire Red and Leaf Green were straight up remakes but they included all the "newer" Pokemon of the time. Regardless of whether or not it is a remake or a sequel though, I'd still play the "Muk" out of it

pikablu29 said:
Chariblaze said:

I could definitely be wrong or not getting your point completely, but isn't that not necessarily true? Fire Red and Leaf Green were straight up remakes but they included all the "newer" Pokemon of the time. Regardless of whether or not it is a remake or a sequel, I'd still play the "Muk" out of it

Ah yeah, I didn't mean Pokemon-wise, I meant timeline-wise. I think the general theory is that all the games in a gen take place at around the same time (not counting BW -> BW2), so that stuff like cross-game trading is possible. So RSE and FRLG take place at some time, and we know that HGSS is three years later which means DPPt is also three years later. BW are like 5-10 years later than that because you have the Rocket, Magma, and Aqua grunts in that Icirrus house. I don't know about XY, but right there you have a span of maybe 15 years. If these new games are remakes, that means you can have a Pokemon that starts at RS time, goes three years forward to DPPt time, 5-10 years forward to BW time, and then... 15 years back to RS remake time?

Then again, we've had stuff like the Time Capsule in GS, so it's not like going back in time isn't totally unfeasible. :p

Also, the official abbreviation is ORAS: https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/464044498356412419

Pokemon's Japanese Twitter said:
#poke_oras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back