Writing Pokémon: Global War [Note: Please Read]

Oops! I just accidentally posted chapter 5 before I finished it so stay tuned!

EDIT: Okay, the full chapter is now up!

Last edited by a moderator:
I notice that Taylor's mom made no specifications for the level, moves, or items of said Charizard and Venusaur. A Level 100 Venusaur with Venusaurite and Hidden Power Rock could easily tear a Level 36 Charizard with Toxic Orb and Dragon Rage to pieces. :p

Anyway, thanks for taking my suggestion, and I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

I'm not really taking levels into consideration in this story (kind of like how the anime does) but what you say it true! Venusaur is awesome. :) Anyway, giving Taylor Charmander as a starter may or may not be foreshadowing something. :)

And you're very welcome! Thanks for suggesting!

I'm not really taking levels into consideration in this story (kind of like how the anime does) but what you say it true! Venusaur is awesome. :) Anyway, giving Taylor Charmander as a starter may or may not be foreshadowing something. :)

And you're very welcome! Thanks for suggesting!

Cool.

Just so long as you don't go with outright BS like a Pikachu zapping an Onix, you'll be fine.

I'm enjoying the build up right now. Great work on that. Also, the parents feel a bit more believable than the parents in some of the games, being actually worried about their children and all.

Too bad all three of the characters seem to be single children. A bit of a missed opportunity there, considering that in all the games, the player character has no siblings. It would be something really interesting to build up on.

Oh don't worry, I won't ignore type matchups!

And about your suggestion, now that I think about it, it does seem like I've missed an opportunity. I'll see what I can do later on in the story. Thanks for your critique, and I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Last edited:
Just so long as you don't go with outright BS like a Pikachu zapping an Onix, you'll be fine.
But...but what if it aims for the horn?!

OK, disregarding Ash's utter lack of knowledge about the type chart, it is nice that all three have (or had) two parents, whereas the father is mysteriously missing in every Pokémon game ever (except RSE and ORAS, but other than that, nothing).

a complaining Jigglypuff which I am considering throwing in garbage can and running away as fast as I can.
As hilarious as this would be, I think Jigglypuff is too good for comic relief to throw away in a garbage can. Lovely idea, though.

I liked this chapter, even if not much happened; it was interesting to see the developing relationship between Taylor and Jigglypuff. Looking forward to the next one. :)

Sad to see it end, it really was a great story but I understand. Even I have found myself quite busy, but I will hopefully continue writing mine. I hope you will continue to visit and post on Pokebeach, even though you are so busy!

Sad to see this go, but it's understandable considering planning and writing can take up a considerable amount of time. I think that all readers are appreciative of being able to follow along and experience the story up to this point. We'll be looking forward to your future projects! :)

Back