Pokémon Generations - New Animated Series of Shorts!

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
This looks super epic. I don't like how they made Pidgeot sound like a hawk. Its super inaccurate and something they never did in terms of a dub before.

StriatonIsMagic

I'll Never Forget This Day
Idea: An episode on the founding of Team Plasma. That would be awesome. Or an episode about Cheren, pre BW2. You knew that was coming.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Are you sure they are only 3-5 minutes long? Battle starts... one hit each...both pokemon look bruised..end of episode.

crystal_pidgeot

Except with the Origins series, where the dub kept the original cries. And this is essentially origins 2.

Origins was supposed to be like the game, just in animated form but seeing as Pidgeot's dub is a hawk (we all know what a Pidgeot sounds like in anime), why not use the correct dub. I mean, Pidgeot is based on an eagle, not a hawk.

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
*sees concept art* I SEE RELIC CASTLE. I SEE RELIC CASTLE. VOLCARONA HYPE HAS LAUNCHED. (It was really ripped off in the anime, in my opinion.)

Mudkipfan12

Mudbray!
Yay! finally! this looks amazing and.... IS THAT REGIGIGAS I SEE! YAY! okay, but seriously, this looks AMAZING.

Leronne

Bug Pokemon Lover
Origins was supposed to be like the game, just in animated form but seeing as Pidgeot's dub is a hawk (we all know what a Pidgeot sounds like in anime), why not use the correct dub. I mean, Pidgeot is based on an eagle, not a hawk.
What i'm saying is that the dub for the origins series doesn't use the cries in the normal pokemon anime that ash is in. It uses the original pokemon cries from the japanse versions. For example. In the original anime series, charmander has a different cry in english than japanese. But in Origins, his cry stays the same in english and japanese. If the japanese version of pidgeot has him with a hawk cry (btw some species of eagle has that cry too) then the english version will keep it as it is. And that accounts for all the other pokemon as well.

crystal_pidgeot

What i'm saying is that the dub for the origins series doesn't use the cries in the normal pokemon anime that ash is in. It uses the original pokemon cries from the japanse versions. For example. In the original anime series, charmander has a different cry in english than japanese. But in Origins, his cry stays the same in english and japanese. If the japanese version of pidgeot has him with a hawk cry (btw some species of eagle has that cry too) then the english version will keep it as it is. And that accounts for all the other pokemon as well.

I don't think Pidgeot ever had that cry in the japanese anime. Also, no Eagle sounds like that. They have a high pitch cry. What they do is dub eagles with the sounds of Red-Tailed Hawks to make them seem more powerful. This is what Eagles sound like

This is what Hawks sound like.

To the birding community, this is quite annoying when they do that. They do the same thing with Phoenixes too. Just a pet peeve of mine.

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
*Jaw drops*

Whoa. This looks unbelievably epic. I love that all the generations are getting the spotlight, especially Unova. Consider me hyped!!!

Leronne

Bug Pokemon Lover
I don't think Pidgeot ever had that cry in the japanese anime. Also, no Eagle sounds like that. They have a high pitch cry. What they do is dub eagles with the sounds of Red-Tailed Hawks to make them seem more powerful. This is what Eagles sound like

This is what Hawks sound like.

To the birding community, this is quite annoying when they do that. They do the same thing with Phoenixes too. Just a pet peeve of mine.
I admit. I was wrong about the real life cries. Pretty interesting trivia actually. But for all it's worth, the cry in the trailer might just be a trailer add in (stuff they add in the trailer that doesn't appear in the actual show, game). The actual episode might just have the actual pidgeot cry.

Victor Freitas

Aspiring Trainer
This looks awesome but I don't know if they could tell whole stories accurately in around 4 minutes. Doesn't make much sense.They really should make a full lenght anime, maybe they are experimenting with that in mind?

And what is that, Red meeting Zygarde?

crystal_pidgeot

I admit. I was wrong about the real life cries. Pretty interesting trivia actually. But for all it's worth, the cry in the trailer might just be a trailer add in (stuff they add in the trailer that doesn't appear in the actual show, game). The actual episode might just have the actual pidgeot cry.

Thats what I was thinking but each time I hear it, I just cringe a little.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
MY EVALUATIONS ON THIS ONE:
  • I love this mini-series. I watched Pokemon Origins before and that was awesome. With this one, it'll be MORE AWESOME. I wish I can see Rhyperior there.
  • This will be a continuous story of Red and his goal.... hugh!! to complete the Pokedex. I really hate it.
  • The awesomeness of Blue.
  • The Gundam Zygarde!
  • Is there 18 episodes? I thought 15.
  • I want to know more about the Evil Teams in the games.
  • Looker!!!
  • Badash animation!

girazard

Aspiring Trainer
Oh man, it's been three years since they released Pokemon Origins, and now we get what is at least partially a sequel. And how many years is it between R/B/Y and G/S/C? Three years! If that detail was on purpose...respect.

Mitja

veteran smartass
6. Heatran Battle on Battle Arena!

Battle Arena?

It's Stark mountain. You can see it's being fought by a Claydol, which surely belongs to Buck, the "Stat Trainer" that joins you up in exploring Stark Mountain in DPt. (Another one is Cheryl, which we also spot in the trailer running away from something with her signature Chansey)

Mudkipfan12

Mudbray!
Battle Arena?

It's Stark mountain. You can see it's being fought by a Claydol, which surely belongs to Buck, the "Stat Trainer" that joins you up in exploring Stark Mountain in DPt. (Another one is Cheryl, which we also spot in the trailer running away from something with her signature Chansey)
Its a haunter, i think