Pokémon Fire Red Hack: Pokémon Rose Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fridge

Indie 'Choo's just too cool.
Right, need any help with spriting? I'll be happy to put a lot of work into this project if you want any more spriters. :)

Zyflair

Yes, sir. Of course, sir.
Advanced Member
An update on my part:

I haven't got the time to download sappy, but I have been viewing the tutorials. This will take time, though. I'll let you know when I get a breakthrough.

Wariopower

It's a ninetales Rory. =P
Wow everyone! This game looks really nice so far. The screenshots look like a regular pokemon game and I love the front banner. I can't wait to play it when it comes out! :D
WP

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter
As of now, Bela and I discussed, and pretty much talked about the scripting involved, the length of most scripts, and which script to use for what. I can say, this project is (hopefully) going pretty well. Plenty of twists here, but only time (as in, when the patch is released) can tell what they are. Stay tuned! :D

Holy Star

Pokémon TCG player and card faker
Alright, a few updates for the game.

- AEX is helping me script.
- Xous has finished creating a recolored map.
- NiKaNoRoU, a member on Pokecommunity, is working on sprites for me.

I don't know how soon a beta release will be available, but I am shooting for "ASAP."

We also have sprites for the male hero and rival!

Meet the male hero, Aster:

2i25qvo.png

And here is the rival, Allen!

oa2c6e.png

There are tons of maps on the thread at Pokecommunity if you're interested in seeing those!

Fridge

Uh, you didn't adress my question. Do you want me to help sprite - I'd love to be involved in this project.

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter
Ah! :D Finally an update here. Expect an Alpha/Beta not too long now guys, although we don't know when yet. There's still plenty to script, and even more to sprite. HS and I are pretty much busy now, so it'll be a long time. =/

Oh, and the biggest development about the game is Xous' region map. It certainly gives us the extra big step in the making of this project.

Togeshroob

Shroobs > Humans
So... What are you using in terms of music here? I mean, when you say you need help with music, do you mean help making/editting, or help fitting songs from the games in?

Oh, really great job so far, btw. This kind of thing takes a lot of work, and it's no small task.

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter
Togeshroob said:
So... What are you using in terms of music here? I mean, when you say you need help with music, do you mean help making/editting, or help fitting songs from the games in?

Oh, really great job so far, btw. This kind of thing takes a lot of work, and it's no small task.

If I listened to HS correctly, he's looking for a "music God", or practically someone whom can make music and insert them into the game.

Togeshroob

Shroobs > Humans
ArmaldoEX said:
If I listened to HS correctly, he's looking for a "music God", or practically someone whom can make music and insert them into the game.

I see. Just curious what the music would be.

So... Is the region pretty much developed now? You know, are all the areas (forests, towns, caves, etc.) designed?

EDIT: "Designed," as in drawn out, planned. Sorry. ;D

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter
If it's the region map, then yes, since Xous has completed it. If it's the "thought out" thing, then that is definitely done, since the mapping is nearing completion. By mapping, I mean the exact look of the areas when you play the game.

Holy Star

Pokémon TCG player and card faker
I'll answer the mapping question more fully.

This game has been thought out since when I was in 8th grade. Me and my cousin came together and created a Pokemon story a few years ago for this region. I drew several maps in the past that detailed this region. All of the characters, all of the towns, caves, routes--all of this was dreamed up and compiled as a story that has been in the back of my mind for some time.

This rom hack brings that story to life.

This isn't some spontaneous, let's-edit-some-maps-and-call-it-a-new-version-type of rom hack. As far as I'm concerned, I could care less how "nice" the maps look or how "interesting" the graphics look, because if that's my goal then I'm in a losing position. These are POKEMON GAMES and POKEMON GAMES have NOTHING on Xbox 360 and PS3 games with special HD cables used for play--go there for amazing graphics!

I would much rather be interested in bringing a person into the world I created and having them enjoy the experience of playing through the game. My game has a good storyline, if I do say so myself!

Togeshroob said:

You need to know how to use Sappy, a program which can play/extract/assemble music on gba roms. Since the quality can be reduced through the process of using this program (or the song may not work because it is too long), knowing how to edit MIDI files (which is the music file type Sappy can use to convert for gba music) is also helpful.

ArmaldoEX

Pokemon Rose Scripter
Holy Star said:
I would much rather be interested in bringing a person into the world I created and having them enjoy the experience of playing through the game.

My game has a good storyline, if I do say so myself!

And that is all anyone needs to hear, HS. And the game has an awesome storyline, and a few twists that circles around it. If it's anything that's going to make/making this ROM hack become a reality, is HS' dedication, believe me.

Togeshroob

Shroobs > Humans
Wonderful! Honestly, a good story is the first thing I look for in a game. Out of what I consider the five characteristics that make a game (story, music, graphics, gameplay, atmosphere), story is uncompromisingly the highest priority for me. Next is music, then atmosphere, then gameplay, and last (and certainly least), graphics. I don't find it fun to play a really good-looking game if there's no story to keep me playing. There's no point, you know? That's why I don't like most side-scrollers, or most FPS's. So I look for the more dramatic sides of the game -- music and story.

I'm really looking forward to this, HS. I can tell it's a ton of work, though, so it's great to know that, like you said, this isn't something spontaneous, and that you're dedicated. From the screens and map and what I've heard about the story, it sounds like it's going to be really good.

EDIT: By the way.... I haven't been here in a good while, so what ever happened to Pokemon Spoon?

Fridge

Sorry for getting back to you so late. I'm able to be around and help now, so whatever you need me to do go ahead and ask :)

EDIT: If you're looking for a music writer, I can write up some basic tunes for you, record them and send 'em to you, but I wouldn't know how to programme them into a game. I'm not soooo great with electronic music and sounds, but I've got a piano and a few guitars and a sharp ear, so I'll be glad to help in that area too.

Fridge

I'll start making some trainer sprites for you to look at and tell me what you think. I'll be doing d/p sprites if thats okay, the trainer spriting style is the same in RS and DP so it shouldn't make a difference. I'll stick to the RS style as much as possible for the actual sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.