84. Latios & Latias LEGEND #1
85. Latios & Latias LEGEND #2
86. Xernese & Yvelta LEGEND #1
87. Xernese & Yvelta LEGEND #2
88. Regieleki & Regidrago LEGEND #1
89. Regieleki & Regidrago LEGEND #1
Secret Rare
90/89 Cramorant Lv. X (shiny)
The changes to the list isn’t so dramatic this time. I added three new Level X’s (Aurorus, Omastar and Tyrantrum) and a new Supporter Card (Bird Keeper’s Training Routine), and removed Cramorant, Mawile, and both SP Lv. X’s. Finally, Cramorant Lv. X has become a Secret Rare with Shiny artwork.

Last edited:
On February 15th In The Year Of Our Lord 2021, Charmaster Finally Created An Actual Card, Acknowledged The Erroneous Nature of His Belief That He Could Create A 189 Card Set with No Prior Experience, And Learned That Pokémon Uses BBcodes and not HTML!
I have two announcements to make. The first one is, I have to warn you that my set lists aren't necessarily going to represent what my lackey set or sets actually look like when progress begins. I have learned a lot from constructing these set lists, but as I still have a lot to learn, they don't necessarily represent the final product. This applies to both my 189 card nightmarish abomination of a set and my more reasonable 90 card set.
Secondly, I've finally made my first actual card!
view
a>
a>
view

Last edited:
Hi Charmaster, I find many of your cards interesting and I wonder if it is okay to use some of those ideas and make them into image based cards (classic, neo, gym, e series) format. Of course, I will credit you in every post. Please let me know if that is okay:p.

Hi Charmaster, I find many of your cards interesting and I wonder if it is okay to use some of those ideas and make them into image based cards (classic, neo, gym, e series) format. Of course, I will credit you in every post. Please let me know if that is okay:p.
Sure! If you found any ideas you think would be useful, than by all means use them! At this point the thread has been sitting dormant while I’ve been watching the pros over on the Pokémon TCG Fakers Community Discord, and coming up with ideas for cards while I await a good chance to put my newfound knowledge and skills to work. But that chance might be a while from now, as I have very little time for designing Pokémon cards. As for the text fakes on this thread, I’m really not sure if I’ll ever actually use them, so if you or anyone else has been inspired by any of these text fakes, then by all means use that inspiration! Just let me know which of the text fakes it was that inspired you... I would be very interested in knowing.

Sure! If you found any ideas you think would be useful, than by all means use them! At this point the thread has been sitting dormant while I’ve been watching the pros over on the Pokémon TCG Fakers Community Discord, and coming up with ideas for cards while I await a good chance to put my newfound knowledge and skills to work. But that chance might be a while from now, as I have very little time for designing Pokémon cards. As for the text fakes on this thread, I’m really not sure if I’ll ever actually use them, so if you or anyone else has been inspired by any of these text fakes, then by all means use that inspiration! Just let me know which of the text fakes it was that inspired you... I would be very interested in knowing.
Thanks for your reply. I think that Lapras and Delibrid were really interesting and I think that I would make them first!

Well, I'm back. I've made a few cards since I last updated this thread, but before I post them I decided I would tidy up this thread first. The first change I made was turning the full content of all my previous posts into spoilers, so that anyone who is only interested in looking at my cards can simply skim over the tedious account of my daydreaming and text-faking days and get to the good stuff. With that done, I will now turn my attention to organizing and finalizing my image fakes (I have currently completed five, and a sixth is almost finished). By "organizing," I mean correcting the set logos and card numbers to match my planned organization system.

This is my first ever card, Eevee (set no. ChM (Charmaster's) LP (Lackey Promos): SM(Sun and Moon)1. In addition to relabeling it with a new, more organized card number, I corrected my previous wording mistakes, tidied up the right-hand border, and added my signature stamp! I hope you like it, because I'll be plastering it on the bottom of every single card I make. :)
Next up are my first two CaC Entries.
The first is my Imposter Gengar, the winner of the text fake division of the first ever Flash CaC! Which isn't as impressive as it sounds, considering that the Flash CaC results were based upon poles. I mean, it was a custom mechanic; how was it not supposed to fare well in a poll-based scoring format? At the same time, as cool as the mechanic was, it was so convoluted that no amount of originality could have saved it outside of the Flash CaC format.
Imposter Gengar
Basic Pokémon
30 HP (P) Type
Imposter Rule: This Pokémon cannot be put into play except by the effect of Imposter Among Us. It cannot be put into play by Attacks, Abilities, Poké-Powers, Poké-Bodies, Item Cards, Supporter Cards, Stadium Cards, Special Energy, or any other effects in play. (EDIT: Neither player takes any prize cards if this Pokémon is knocked out.)
Ability: Imposter Among Us
When your active Pokémon knocks out one of your opponent’s Pokémon, put this Pokémon from your hand onto your opponent’s bench. This Pokémon cannot be made Active or Retreat. When this Pokémon is removed from play for any reason, put this card in its owner’s discard pile.
Ability: Saboteur Chill
While this Pokémon is on its owner’s opponent’s bench, put 1 damage counter on that player’s Pokémon between turns.
Ability: Emergency Poltergeist
While this Pokémon is on its owner’s opponent’s bench, if that player has less than three Prize Cards remaining, whenever that player plays an Item, Supporter, or Stadium card from his or her hand, put 2 damage counters on his or her active Pokémon.
Weakness: N/A
Resistance: N/A
Retreat: N/A
After a while, I began working on a Cramorant BREAK card using the Omnium template, but I dropped the project after a while and began focusing on entering my first ever TRUE CaC. I decided to run with my Imposter Pokémon idea. PMJ provided the blank (a modified Aschefield blank more or less based upon the blank he used for his Dark and Rocket's Pokémon) AND the blank rule box (which a friend shared with him long ago). The wording is still somewhat convoluted, and when I was advised to remove the clause about it going to its owners discard pile on the grounds that it was "unnecessary" I gave in without thinking about it myself, assuming that the other person was right by default because they were more experienced, which cost me a few points, but hey, I enjoyed it and I learned some important things, including not to over-do the Among Us references on a card that is only supposed to be marginally reminiscent of the hit 2021 game.
With the reverse holosheet.
Without the reverse holosheet.
After that came my first "set"... a modestly sized three card PROMO collection showcasing Cramorant.
The first card is the Cramorant BREAK I started long, long ago. I gave it a major overhaul when I returned to the project.
The second and third cards are as follows.
As you can see, these cards have largely interlocking mechanics and I went a little wild on the cosmetics for these cards, especially evident in my liberal use of the Tag Team corner frames. ;) Lets start with the last of the three. Cramorant's Scoop Up Beak Ability activates when you put Cramorant onto your bench. You may attach one of your benched Arrokuda to Cramorant as a Tool card, but at the same time you attach all the cards attached to that Arrouda. Not only can this lead to fun combos using certain accelerators (think about Volcarona Ancient Origins... the one without the Ancient Traits), you are ALSO able to attach any tool cads attached to that Arrokuda to Cramorant, even though you're attaching Arrokuda as a tool! Deluge Jet is essentially Cramorant VMAX's Max Jet attack, but as for how you SUCCESSFULLY wield that attack, the strategy here is a far cry from spamming welder. Cramorant ex Startled Recall is essentially the same ability as Victini BW/GRI, which makes it an obvious partner for Cramorant. Cramorant BREAK, however, is the best tool this deck has. Cramorant BREAK's Dietary Supplement Ability turns all cards attached to Cramorant BREAK into basic W Energy. Which MEANS that your Arrokuda and whatever tool you attached to Arrokuda each provide a basic W Energy. Dietary Supplement also gives Cramorant some additional bulk if it has a Pokémon attached to it as a tool. This also would be a perk to
, since it would allow it to take more hits, which would allow it to better take advantage of Swallow or Gulp Missile. And, lets face it, attaching Arrokuda (and Pikachu) to Cramorant is an obvious mechanic choice for Cramorant, so there will probably be more Cramorant that this card works well with. In addition, Cramorant ex also has some good spread attacks, one of which was inspired by Barreskewda VIV.
And that's all my cards so far!

Last edited:
The Cram-ex has a weakness and a resistance to Fighting; I think you probably meant something else for one of them.

The Cram-ex has a weakness and a resistance to Fighting; I think you probably meant something else for one of them.
No, that was on purpose. I always liked the idea of having cards be weak AND resistant to a type.

Amazing_Energy_PSD_1_3.png
My current project is the "Amazing Rare Collection," a 13 card set featuring 12 Amazing Rare Pokémon, one of each type... Grass, Fire, Water, Lightning, Psychic, Fighting, Darkness, Metal, Fairy, Dragon, Flying, and Colorless. What's that? You don't think Flying counts as a type? Nonsense! Of course it counts! At least, when you're using Omnium. ;)
Anyways, Amazing Energy is largely inspired by Miracle Energy. Amazing Pokémon are supposed to be harder to use because they rely on three different types of basic Energy to attack, but Amazing Energy allows you to attack with an Amazing Rare with minimal prior setup. But be warned... not only is it hard to search for Special Energy, but you can only include one copy in your deck... AND it gets discarded the same turn you attach it! So, rather than relying on Amazing Energy to carry you through the game, Amazing Energy gives you the option of a single turn of explosive speed, keeping your opponents on their toes but not really being able to do much outside of allowing you to attack out of the blue on one turn out of the game. Sometimes, however, one turn is all it takes to turn the tide of a game...
Anyways, I've had to edit small changes on this card more times than I like to admit, so hopefully this is the final product until I decide I don't like the way the card looks and change the borders or something.

Pokemon_Silph_Company_1930s_Advertisement_1.png
Pokemon_Silph_Company_1930s_Advertisement_2.png
Okay, so maybe this isn't a POKEMON card exactly, but its a fun random idea I had. Its basically meant to look like a 1930something art style advertising poster. Not sure yet if it does a good job representing that style, so I'll probably end up making more changes to it, but I like how it has turned out so far.
P.S. I posted an updated version of the poster. The old one was too vibrant. Of course, this one might not be vibrant ENOUGH.

Also, I've been doing some work on a custom template recently. Its basically a remix of Omnium based off the eReader era. I got the idea from Mick-773's CaC entries, but mine is based more heavily off of the original eReader era. It will be a long time before it is ready (and when it is I will probably make a new thread for it like CardPone did for Omnium), but I thought I should probably mention it as long as I was making a post.

Last edited:
F2F09A00-CF33-41B2-BF8C-64E5C16AC15C.jpeg
167EFEF0-8EEB-4245-990F-FBAB5DB8D208.jpegok
It’s been a long time since I posted an actual custom card here. I recently created this deck list for the Gym Leader Challenge format, and I was looking for a quick place to dump it before going offline for a while. (I didn’t feel the urgency to put together a text list in order to post it on deck garage, and I’m not really looking for feedback, I just want to share it quickly.) Several months ago, I put together TrickyGym’s Blaziken/Cinderace deck, but I used Charizard from Team Up instead of Cinderace from Sword and Shield (the one with the ability), because I already owned that Charizard, it had a similar ability, and I wanted an excuse to play my favorite Pokémon. From there, the deck slowly evolved into… this. There are a few powerful combos in this deck.
I found out about the Armorouge/Exp. Share combo from this set review, but I wasn’t impressed with the idea of dedicating deck space to Team Magma’s Camerupt and sacrificing Smooth Over for Omega Barrier. Then I realized Charizard already provided a powerful attacker that could flood the field with Fire Energy. I finally decided to remove Blaziken. I haven’t tested this deck very much, but I’ve been enjoying the combo.
https://cardboardwarriors.net/news/scarlet-violet-set-review-glc
The other great combo is Hustle Belt and Charmander TEU. I got the idea from this article, which I’d highly recommend (it was a surprisingly enjoyable read, as well as a very informational one).
https://cardboardwarriors.net/spotlight/glc-turbo-dark-deck
You can shove up to 60 damage counters on Charmander with Heat Energy attached, at which point a Hustle Belt boosted Reprisal inflicts 180 damage. Take two or three turns of attaching Energy with Magma Basin, and your tiny little evolving Basic is taking clutch KO’s on Wishiwashi CEC and Snorlax LOR. With a little help from Rainbow Energy, Charcadet and Salandit can swing for 90 damage, but that’s not quite as common an occurrence. Torkoal was a recent, albeit untested, addition, because I realized the possibility that I’d have four to six energy still on the field by the end of the game. But I don’t run Victini, so it’s stay might be a short one.
Hope you’re all doing well.
(P.S. the nickname is a play on the two key Pokémon, the Charizard line and Armorouge, as well as on the deck’s dependence on tools, which are so key to this deck’s strategy that I opted to run Eco Arm.)

Last edited:
https://ptcglegends.com/card-of-the-week/blacephalon-unb

I recently wrote an article for a website called PTCGLEGENDS about Blacephalon from Unbroken Bonds. The article was part of a "Card of the Month" series that focuses on a notable Pokémon featured in a deck or decks from some point in the history of the Pokemon TCG. I chose Blacephalon because it was my first competitive deck, and because I read numerous articles about the deck during my early days on Pokébeach.

Here is a message from the website's creator, Alex Wilson, that serves as an elevator speech for PTCGLEGENDS:
"While there's been plenty of sites out there that have provided amazing information, they all seemed to stick to one niche, only decklists from select years, just results, player's stats... Personally, I was tired of having to remember which website contained whichever desired info that I was searching for, thus, I took things into my own hands and created this massive site that has every possible grain of information about historic, past events, one could ever hope for!"

(I know the url says "card of the week," I just realized that and will talk to Alex about it. If the link is broken, it's probably because he changed the url and I didn't update it. In that case, look up something like "PTCGLEGENDS Card of the Month Blacephalon (Unbroken Bonds)," or plug the link into the Wayback Machine.)

Back