XY Pokémon Bank: Cloud Storage for Pokémon

emmah

Aspiring Trainer
+ how do we actually get the celebi?? i must be missing something. im just super excited!!

& yeah i figure i will try again maybe tomorrow early morning when its not so backed up.

It let my hacked event pikachu through though which was weird, oh well :)

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
To those of you who haven't got Celebi, follow these steps:
  • Start up Pokémon Bank and receive your BP/Poké Miles
  • Close Pokémon Bank
  • Start up X/Y
  • Select Pokémon Link on Main Menu
  • Get your BP/Poké Miles
  • Close X/Y
  • Start up Pokémon Bank and receive your Celebi
  • Start up X/Y
  • Select Pokémon Link on Main Menu
  • Your Celebi will be in the first available box space, starting from Box 1

May as well post it here.

silvermoons

Aspiring Trainer
... Anyone else have this problem (Pokebank-related)

I tried to transfer over a box of Pokemon Using Poke Transporter... and all but one of them went over... a Shiny Lugia that my friend, who I shall call "Lucy", caught legitimately.

When I checked that Shiny Lugia out via the actual White Version 2 cartridge, I quickly discovered why it wouldn't transfer. (Hint: Look at the number of Experience Points)

____glitched_experience______by_silvermoon551-d7591ez.jpg

it seems like the number somehow overflowed. has anyone else had this problem? Because Nintendo won't address it unless enough people have had it.

Momaster12

The Temporal Destroyer
RE: ... Anyone else have this problem (Pokebank-related)

I have a legitimate Darkrai from Diamond and for some reason it won't transfer. I looked at it in the box and nothing seemed wrong with it, I mean i didn't even level it at all. However, something you and I have in common, is the fact that they were caught with Master Balls. Maybe that has something to do with it?

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Are you sure it's legitimate?

silvermoons

Aspiring Trainer

@PMJ I'm positive. everything checks out about it other than that glitched experience. She transferred it from her gen 4 game herself (Probably traded to Platinum, then transferred), and used that exact trainer name. Heck, the Pokemon even has the all-caps name that was standard before Gen 5. it was level 100 when I got it in the trade from her, too. She has never used a cheating device. Only thing that I can think of is that she has said that her White version 2 is a bit glitchy, as it literally GAVE her a Meloetta out in the wild.

@momaster I doubt that's the reason. I doubt the app would have any reason to doubt a pokemon just because it was caught in a master ball, as every game file gets at least one. If it were a Cherish ball on a non-event pokemon... then yeah, I could see that happening.

SCf3

Aspiring Trainer
I wouldn't trust anything your friend says about that Pokemon until you check the Lugia w/Pokecheck. And Wild Meloetta in the wild? Sounds hacked to me... there's no glitch that does that.

silvermoons

Aspiring Trainer
SCf3 said:
I wouldn't trust anything your friend says about that Pokemon until you check the Lugia w/Pokecheck. And Wild Meloetta in the wild? Sounds like AR use to me... there's no glitch that does that.

Well, Lucy lives in South Africa. I don't think she'd have easy access to cheating devices like we do.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
I'd say that the game had an hacking device used on it at one time or another. I had a similar glitch involving Shaymin on my Diamond after I had used a hacking device (which wasn't in the game at the time).

silvermoons

Aspiring Trainer
Keeper of Night said:
I'd say that the game had an hacking device used on it at one time or another. I had a similar glitch involving Shaymin on my Diamond after I had used a hacking device (which wasn't in the game at the time).

Thing is, the Lugia was originally caught in her SoulSilver version shiny, then traded to Platinum, then transferred to her White 2 version (which she bought new, as far as I know). But the shiny Typhlosion she gave to me which had near-max IVs in all stats, tranferred just fine: http://t.co/ABQb8iRSV4

Momaster12

The Temporal Destroyer
So how does all of this explain how I can't transfer my Darkrai, because I know 100% that I caught it legitimately.

silvermoons

Aspiring Trainer
Momaster12 said:
So how does all of this explain how I can't transfer my Darkrai, because I know 100% that I caught it legitimately.

that's why it's such a big mystery. maybe there's something that can go wrong with pokemon that have been transferred through more than one generation?

emmah

Aspiring Trainer
silvermoons said:
Momaster12 said:

that's why it's such a big mystery. maybe there's something that can go wrong with pokemon that have been transferred through more than one generation?

i was thinking that too but i have hacked pokemon in cherish balls that i transferred from SS to B2 and the transporter accepted them without problem

However if the pokemon was level 100, and shiny, it wont take it.
Which frustrates me because i see TONNES of shiny level 100's on the GTS.
Im not sure what the difference is between those ones that were accepted and mine

*le confused*

silvermoons

Aspiring Trainer
emmah said:
silvermoons said:

i was thinking that too but i have hacked pokemon in cherish balls that i transferred from SS to B2 and the transporter accepted them without problem

However if the pokemon was level 100, and shiny, it wont take it.
Which frustrates me because i see TONNES of shiny level 100's on the GTS.
Im not sure what the difference is between those ones that were accepted and mine

*le confused*
here's a question for you. did your level 100 shinies have glitched out experience points like the Lugia did? also, in that picture, it's a bit hard to read, but the first character after the minus sign... is a question mark.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
silvermoons said:
Momaster12 said:

Not sure about that...my Kyogre, Rayquaza and Groudon all transferred.

silvermoons

Aspiring Trainer
LLR said:
silvermoons said:
Not sure about that...my Kyogre, Rayquaza and Groudon all transferred.
maybe it's level 100 shinies from generation 4 or before, particularly if they are legendary pokemon? Because shiny legendary pokemon are extremely hard to get? Or maybe it's a weird thing with shiny legendary pokemon.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
About dang time that Bank is out. Anyhow Pokemon are specifically coded. If Bank can't read the code then it will not transfer. However This is for everyone and I am in dire need of cloning. No one is responding in my 5th gen clone thread. I have 29 days to get my 5th gen team cloned and transferred to my X version ASAP. I need 4 copied each of my Charizard Mewtwo and Lapras PLEASE. Thanks XD.:)

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
It probably does not recognize anything before 4th gen XD.:)