XY Pokémon Bank: Cloud Storage for Pokémon

whoa! this is awesome!
I can't even begin to imagine all the possibilities!
  • having your old 'mons ready in your new gen games
  • having your pokemon easily transferrable between current gen titles
  • even being able to tranfer your pokemon between a title on the WiiU!
Man. Amazing

but they are gonna have to figure out some way to let us transfer our items. I need my EV berries.

Depends on how much it costs, really, but if this is the only way to transfer my Pokemon from X and Y, I'm all for it.

I'm only going to use it so I can get Pokémon from X to Y, as I only have one 3DS.

I plan on trading over every single Pokémon that I have, this includes my Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, SoulSilver, White, and maybe White 2 (I haven't even beaten it yet).

Is the first month still free?

Yes I believe the first month is still free. But I have another question to pose to the community. Will cloned pokemon be allowed through?

Cloned Pokémon generally don't have any differences from the original, so I don't think the system will be able to tell the difference.

Drohn said:
Cloned Pokémon generally don't have any differences from the original, so I don't think the system will be able to tell the difference.

Yup. Clones are the same exactly data, so to the game, they're legitimate if they're clones of legitimate Pokémon. The system might check each Pokémon you put in to make sure there isn't an exact copy of it in there already, and that might prevent transferring clones if you've already put the original or a different clone of it in. That's just speculation, but it seems like a common sense feature.

Ha. This will make it easy to trade with someone to transfer my team. However what about if you edit a hacked Pokemon to make it legit. Will it pass the transporter if it is made legit but was previously hacked? For example for in game use only Pokemon?:)

Most likely it's gonna cause a giant haul of the hacking in Black and White 2 using the hacking stuffs and transfering unobtainable Pokemon from those games to X and Y to see their in-game appearence. This includes me sadly. xD

Lately I've been tempted to get bank when it comes out. I'll never use it except to transfer of restart my game but that's about it.

will we have to launch a seperate app for this? will our online storage THAT WE'RE PAYING FOR be accessible from within our X and Y games? maybe thru a patch or something?? that is what I want to know right now

I'm pretty sure it will be a cloud storage style thing where you have to have access to the internet compatible with your system in order to retrieve/place your pokemon into the bank. It's all just a guess though.

Blob55 said:
But can you upload multiples of the same Pokémon from Gen 5 games to Bank?

You mean clones or the same species?

If it's clones, I'd be surprised if GF don't automatically save the details of every Pokemon moved from gen 5 games to the bank and prevent the exact same Pokemon being moved into the bank from gen 5 games.

If you mean the same species, they definitely wouldn't prevent you from doing that.

I am not sure if this is true but I have heard cloned Pokemon will be allowed since when you clone a legit Pokemon that the file is still legit. Which means if you make a hacked Pokemon legit you should be able to do this as well.:)

I will probably just get it during the trial then transfer all the Pokemon I have from black 2 and black and then when anything shows up from previous gens that could be good for competitive (yes you move tutors) I will pay for the service, but that may take a while to be needed. Also they may be finally putting a stop to poke gen by making sure pokemon must at least have legit movesets and maybe make it so that shiny's can not be traded on global link?

I cant fathom why they wouldn't allow us to trade shinies... do you have a source for this? Its a very interesting claim.

Personally I cant wait for bank! but it also needs i need to start transfering my soulsilver team to B2 pretty soon! ....bahh.... so much effort... but i have a feeling its going to be worth it.

I hope they allow clones. That would suck so much. Also, people would end up transferring clones one at a time from Pokemon Bank so they don't show up cheated and mass-trading them. If two of them appear in the same game, they'd show up cheated and it'd kinda cause a little bit of chaos. So I can't imagine that they'd do that- at least, I hope not.

Back