PokéBeach's January TCG Cup, Sponsored by TCGPlayer.com!

Challonge has been updated. Standings can be found at this link: http://challonge.com/JanuaryCup2017

How have things progressed, everyone? At this point you should have already contacted your opponent and scheduled a match.

ROUND ONE ETIQUETTE

Remember: It is important that you follow the instructions in the OP and let your opponent know exactly when you're available to play. Don't just be like "oh hey we're paired up for this round when can you fight?" because that doesn't help. Take some initiative. By telling your opponent when you're available instead of just asking them, you force them to react in the same way. List the time ranges you can fight. Include your time zone, and don't forget to include whose time zone your available times are listed in if your time zones are different!!!!!! Also, just saying, if your match ends up not getting done and I see you put in work in scheduling a match instead of being a lazy bones, it'll mean something if I need to make an activity decision.

Did you forget to send me your deck? For a few of you who have already done your round one match, the answer is yes and that's bad news. If I don't have your list in hand by the end of the first round (the end of this coming Tuesday), you'll forfeit your round, even if you won (this applies to a couple of you)! This is also a great way to see who is actually following this thread like I said you should, because I post in this thread at least once a day and sometimes I post important stuff like this. Last round I dropped a handful of people who didn't send their lists to me and I don't understand how that could have happened. I said it literally every day. It's in the OP now, with its own bullet point and everything, but I guarantee someone's gonna forget. SIGH. Anyway, you are allowed to send me your deck at any time, even during the signup phase if you wanna lock it in that early. Personally, I prefer the air make it a point to send my list in immediately after my match. That way I know I can rest easy knowing I've fulfilled all my obligations for this round. Don't be that guy who goes OH CRAP and sends me his list 10 minutes past deadline. Send your lists to me.

If your opponent hasn't messaged you within 24 hours, add me to your conversation. "but PMJ it's not my PM and I can't add you" well you should have sent the first PM like a good boy or girl :) But seriously, don't sit on this. I won't respond right away once you add me, but I am watching. I'm watching to see if your match actually gets done, so don't wait for me to start directing. You can see that I'm a part of the conversation on the right side of the screen that shows the conversation's participants (though it is also good etiquette to simply inform the other person that you've added me).

That's all for now. Things are looking great and I'm feeling psyched cause I just got 3 Landorus-EX for some worthless EVO packs on PTCGO and now I'm about to go curbstomp some tryhards in Legacy.

ps seriously I'm missing like 40 decks, send me your lists

Updated standings: http://challonge.com/JanuaryCup2017

Missing lists from these folks:

@Arneboy11
@BKRapper
@Nobodyshero2727
@Gengar master (Gengar-101)
@PokieMorff
@Strange (Estranho1986)
@josie0001
@jbcheshire (macboy02)

@TheAnticipationEevee (AbsolutelyEevee)
@__abrams__ (pokemonrocks987)
@KingZale
@Tomg713 (Papazuelo)
@professor layton (Cheesemanburg)
@Jeff Hoogland (mxfrodo195)
@Ken Masters (Ken_Masters)
@Kamato (Arceas060105)
@sw_bionic
@PieterPie (Skyraker)
@The_Wolfgangsta (wwhh62)
@SzymonPrzybyl
@Greninja13 (MinunPlusle)
@jessalakasam (Trainerdylan19)
@Demitrius (demitriusy1998)
@normanc (TheCrusader4)
@Guilherme Cazzonato (guirocks)
@donphan33 (Carl_H33)
@Mazo (Mazo90)
@Calcab (Gabe014)
@ItaloReis (italosreis)
@SafetyPotato (Jindai4998)
@homeofmew
@TheGuardian118
@Marcos Denis (marcos_dmmj)

If you weren't tagged, oh well.

@Arneboy11
@BKRapper
@Nobodyshero2727
@PokieMorff
@Strange (Estranho1986)
@josie0001
@jbcheshire (macboy02)

@KingZale
@Tomg713 (Papazuelo)
@Kamato (Arceas060105)
@sw_bionic
@PieterPie (Skyraker)
@SzymonPrzybyl
@normanc (TheCrusader4)
@donphan33 (Carl_H33)
@Mazo (Mazo90)
@Calcab (Gabe014)
@ItaloReis (italosreis)
@homeofmew
@TheGuardian118

I cant PM you for some reason, please advise

I cant PM you for some reason, please advise

Can you offer any more specifics? How long has it happened? Am I the only one you can't send a message to? I'm trying to look into the matter and any information you can provide would be helpful.

Hello there!

I managed to defeat @Kamato 2-1 in an interesting set of games!

The games were played from 6:22 PM - 7:05 PM PST today.

Good games, sorry for the bad draws (and misplay), and good luck in your future rounds!

@Arneboy11
@BKRapper
@Nobodyshero2727
@PokieMorff
@Strange (Estranho1986)
@josie0001
@jbcheshire (macboy02)

@KingZale
@Tomg713 (Papazuelo)
@Kamato (Arceas060105)
@sw_bionic
@PieterPie (Skyraker)
@SzymonPrzybyl
@normanc (TheCrusader4)
@donphan33 (Carl_H33)
@Mazo (Mazo90)
@Calcab (Gabe014)
@ItaloReis (italosreis)
@homeofmew
@TheGuardian118

Sent my list days ago ._. ... will send another pm in the same conversation so you can check the original date

Can you offer any more specifics? How long has it happened? Am I the only one you can't send a message to? I'm trying to look into the matter and any information you can provide would be helpful.

Was trying to send the list to you last night and I get to messages and when I get there, there is no box to write a message in. I don't know if it is on my end or not, but I can get PMs and I can reply to them, but seems like it won't let me start one.

Round 1

josie0001 defeated @Arneboy11 2-0. Games were played 8:30-9:05am EST.

Very intense match with a very skilled and friendly opponent - the kind of match that could've gone either way and regardless it would've been fine with me. You were one card away in both games, or else it would've been a very different outcome! Good luck the rest of the way! :)

@Ken Masters appreciate it. I probably just forgot to cross you off.

If this is the case with anyone else, please let me know.

I Won @Kuja89 2-0. It was my first game in online tournament. Thanks for the good games. Games were played between GMT 22.50-23.15.

I won 2-0 against @Coolpilot.
I'm pretty sure PTCGO is on the warpath against everyone right now because the dead draws are out of control. Good luck in your future matches!

Back