PokéBeach Thread of ... Breakdancing!!!

tweety210

Strife Unanimous Strive on Animous
I just had an idea to create this thread so, sure why not. Any way feel free to post about all things break dancing or dancing general.

As with me I break dance when I have time with my friends, small crews etc. I think it's pretty fun...

If this thread slowly becomes useless moderators may feel free to lock it.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
A few buddies of mine break, but I don't have the upper body strength. I can pop, but I'm not good yet. I've got decent stops, but that's it. :|

tweety210

Strife Unanimous Strive on Animous
Oh that's awesome. I actually only pop and wave and sometimes tut too. But I'm not a Bboy! I can do some windmills though.

Zyflair

Yes, sir. Of course, sir.
Advanced Member
I have, like, utterly no knowledge of break dancing except for what it looks like. =|

However, I had an earlier misconception that "break dancing" can cause body breakage, but in reality, how rare are injuries?

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Oh heavens. I can six-step, but when it comes to doing crickets and windmills and whatevers, I just can't. All the strength I have is in my legs, so lifting them to do a baby freeze is a pain.

My waves are horrible. I do blocky waves, as I'm only good with robotics...and even at that I don't make it to par. I'm really trying to work on isolating my chest, because...I can't. :|

MylesProwr

Cake Trainer
I have, like, utterly no knowledge of break dancing except for what it looks like. =|

However, I had an earlier misconception that "break dancing" can cause body breakage, but in reality, how rare are injuries?

Like anything physical, really, the most effective way to hurt oneself is to breakdance incorrectly. It's important to just take it slow and make sure you're feeling well, because it's hard work. Too much stress on the body at one time can cause injury, just like any sport.

Lieutenant Houndoom

Back from the...
I can 1990. That's about it, though give me a couple of weeks and I can probably pull off a couple of steps if I was so inclined (which I'm not really). There's a crowd I follow sometimes at sport in capoiera and they do breaking while we're there, because it happens to be matted comfortably.

Nonexistant chest muscles are nonexistant :L