PokéBeach Staff Hiring Week!

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
pbhiringweek.png

PB is looking to hire new staff members from now through next Monday, November 26th (Extended) until Midnight EST on Thursday, November 29th. We are looking for skilled, knowledgeable people who want to contribute a small percentage of their time each week to making PB a better forum and site. PB has ambitious plans for its future, and in order to carry out these plans we will need more help. We need people with knowledge, experience, and attention to detail to help us make our plans a reality.

All positions require about 8-10 hours per week. In order to accept any of these positions you should be able to work well with others, have prior experience with forums or messaging boards, be a great communicator, and have an ability to get tasks completed each week. Each prospective new hire will be given an interview and a trial period if they pass the interview. You must have AIM or Skype in order to do the interview. It can be done through text or voice.

People with experience outside of PB are welcome to apply. A forum account is not required to apply, but is required for the position.

Positions open: (Apply for any of the following)

- Pokemon anime help

This position requires extensive knowledge of the Pokemon anime, problem solving skills, and writing skills. This person should be able to seek out answers for projects and help create content relating to the Pokemon anime.

- Pokemon video gaming help
This position requires extensive knowledge of the Pokemon video games, and is able to apply that knowledge in not only an informative way, but also a fun and engaging way.

- Pokemon competitive video gaming help

This position requires extensive knowledge of competitive battling in general. Applicants should have VG accomplishments to brag about and reasons why they could be seen as an mentor. Applicants should also have good writing skills. A test match may apply to the interview.

- Pokemon TCG help
This position requires leadership skills and experience playing the Pokemon TCG. Applicants should have TCG accomplishments to brag about and reasons why they could be seen as an mentor. Applicants should also have good writing skills.

- Photo editing and imaging help

This position requires editing many photos and assisting other staff members with images for projects. Must have photo editing software, and be able to produce images that look correct.

- Digital art help
This position requires experience as a digital artist and helping other people with their artwork (Mostly fan art). Please submit some of your artwork along with your application if you wish to apply for this position.

If you are interested in any of the following positions, please submit the following application to [admin]Shining Raikou[/admin] on the forums through a private message, or email it in to [email protected]. All messages should have the subject "PB Application" or they may be ignored.

Application said:
1. Fill out a short resume. Tell us a bit about yourself, experiences related to the position, and your background in dealing with Pokémon and the fandom.
2. Please tell us about any leadership positions you have held, or why you think you would be good at being a leader and getting things done.
3. Why are you good at what you do? Explain why you think you would be a good fit for the position.

Responses to each question should be more than a paragraph long.

Thanks for reading!

Hmmm... I might apply since I'm one of the few on here who know a lot about VGC... I'll have to think about it. this is cool. looking forward to new stuff!

EDIT: FIxed typo.

Good to see this back.

And as a quick question, will these positions be moderators-only, or would contributors be included under "staff" too?

ShadowLugia said:
Good to see this back.

And as a quick question, will these positions be moderators-only, or would contributors be included under "staff" too?

Moderators and contributors. The positions would be determined by reviewing the application and having an interview. Of course, there are always opportunities for advancement if someone starts out as a contributor and works out really well.

I don't think there is enough just VGC players (Theres about 3-4 of us,Chrome and Cybertron get on sometimes) for us to really need a mod, I mean DNA already plays VGC (I don't know how regularly but I helped him with his team a while back.) SO I guess that's enough :p. I might still fill in and try to be a contributor, but I'm lazy.

I would apply for video gaming help; but I've dropped off the activity list and don't think I'd be helpful.

If anyone feels that I would have potential in this role could you please like this post and if someone actually feels that I'd be useful, I'll apply.

Otherwise I'd rather let the position go to someone more active / liked than myself.

I hope these people don't quit after about 1-3 months like "everyone" seems to do (here). :D

Question: For the competitive VG position, does the position require to be skilled just at UU? Because I am a great Ubers and OU player, but I've never played UU before. Thanks

The post seems to imply that UU experience is indeed required, which seems silly to me considering what a small VG community we have... the VG staff should focus on OU as it is the most popular metagame.

I'm not sure why UU experience is required, either. I love the UU tier and it's meta, but you guys have Teapot already, so it's like

what more do you need

Edited, actually just apply and mention what tiers you are good at if you are interested in the competitive VG position.

May we apply to be a moderator if we're already a contributor, or is this for regular members only?

Who wants to use a writing corner where even experiments get shot down if some random moderator does not happen to like experimental stories. :mad:
It's like, you need a model novel with a predictable story to post there. :mad:

Blah said:
May we apply to be a moderator if we're already a contributor, or is this for regular members only?
Since whoever applies has a shot at becoming a moderator OR contributor (and based on the skill level they end up wherever), then I'd say that contributors could apply too. I don't see any reason why not.

The Yoshi said:
So no Writing Corner help? It's like you guys want to see it die...

... =|
I think someone must have forgotten to mention the Writing Corner in the OP.

Teal said:
Who wants to use a writing corner where even experiments get shot down if some random moderator does not happen to like experimental stories. :mad:
It's like, you need a model novel with a predictable story to post there. :mad:
Yes, yes, we already know you mad; no need to announce it.

ShadowLugia said:
I'm not sure why UU experience is required, either. I love the UU tier and it's meta, but you guys have Teapot already, so it's like

what more do you need

more UU is always better. ^__^

But I think (until SR changed it) It was mostly because UU is the biggest meta after OU (and VGC.) Plus the fact that multiple UU Pokémon (read as: Heracross, Slowbro, Tangrowth, etc.) make their way up into OU teams. I don't think you would have needed very much experience, just more of an "awareness" if that makes any sense. (not that it's really relevant any more.) But I can't read SR's mind so don't quote me on that.

Back