Fun Pokébeach Playthrough - Black 2 and White 2!

The problem is that there's some games that can't be emulated. That includes basically all 3DS-on games, and certain versions of Gameboy games (i.e. Emerald) don't work on the Gameboy emulator.

Really, the only games I had problems emulating were HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Come to think of it, it's the postgame that causes the game to freeze up (which sucks because that's the part I want to play)!

I experimented with the post-game on Emerald via emulation, and I really didn't find any issues. Granted, I didn't really play the Battle Frontier a whole lot, but still.

Come to think of it, it's the postgame that causes the game to freeze up (which sucks because that's the part I want to play)!

That probably explains it, the furthest I've really gone in an emulation of Emerald is up to Mauville. I guess whether or not Emerald is considered depends on if people are willing to go without a post-game?

Then again I've never had any issues emulating any Pokémon games regardless of how long I've played them.

Sounds fun; I've been meaning to replay an old game for a while anyway. Optimally I'd like to do a Gen 5 or Gen 6 game as I've got those on cartridge, but wouldn't be wholly opposed to using an emulator. ^.^

EDIT: Formal tally:
  1. BW
  2. BW2
  3. XY
  4. ORAS
  5. DP

Last edited:
I just realized that something like Pokémon Uranium would be a possibility as well. At least, to those of us who have Windows... yeah maybe not. Though it depends on what people think.

I would be happy with BW / BW2 for the record, since I've never played either of them. ^.^

What I'd like to play (in order):
1) B/W2
2) Ruby/Sapphire
3) FireRed/LeafGreen
4) Yellow
5) Crystal

I'll be playing via emulation if we do this, though.

Quick question, how do you play through emulation?

You download ROMs to your computer and get mad when double-clicking them doesn't immediately allow you to play the games.
(That's an inside joke, by the way. In reality Tails is 100% correct. You download those programs and use them to open the ROMs of games you download.)

Just received Black 2 in the mail, so I'm completely ready. When do we start? :p.

(Assuming we are doing B2W2)

Just received Black 2 in the mail, so I'm completely ready. When do we start? :p.

(Assuming we are doing B2W2)
Tomorrow evening, I’ll put up a post confirming what game we’re doing, and ask people to like that post to confirm that they will still participate, knowing the game for sure. The actual playthrough will start either Sunday night, or early Monday. B2W2 is looking very likely right now.

It’s our deadline day, so I can officially announce that based on what you all want to do, the game that we will be playing is Black 2 and White 2! If you still want to participate knowing this, like this post to confirm that you are still in this activity. Even if you haven’t posted in thread yet, you can still participate! The actual playthrough will start 36 hours from the time of this post!

Back