Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: September 2017 - Multi-Energy Costs - All Results Up!

Alolan Marowak - Fire/Ghost - HP100
Stage 1 - Evolves from Cubone

Ability: To Hell And Back
If this Pokémon is in your Discard pile and you have a Cubone in play, use this Pokémon to evolve Cubone.

[R][C] Playing With Fire 50+
This attack does 50 damage plus 20 more damage for each [R] attached to your Pokémon.

[P][C] Remembering Mother 30x
This attack does 30 times the number of Marowak in your discard pile.

Weakness: [W](x2) Resistance: [G](-20)
Retreat Cost: [C][C]

The bones it possesses were once its mother's. Its mother's regrets have become like a vengeful spirit protecting this Pokémon.

This card is a very dark card and I wanted to try something a little different. I did want to do Celesteela, but since there's no card yet, I can't use its information for my card. I hope this is good enough...

XY-Era wording
Gigalith-GX HP 250 Fighting
Stage 2 - Evolves from Boldore

/Ability/ - Stealth Rock
While this Pokémon is your active Pokémon, when your opponent's active Pokémon retreats, put 3 damage counters on the new active Pokémon.

[F][F][F] Rock Roar 90
Your opponent's switches his or her active Pokémon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokémon. If this Pokémon has any Special Energy attached to it, this attack does 90 damage to the new active Pokémon.

[F][F][F][F] Continental Disaster GX 180
If this attack would Knock Out your opponent's active Pokémon, choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon to become the new active Pokémon instead of your opponent choosing. (You may only use 1 GX attack in a game)

When your Pokémon-GX is knocked out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: 4

XY-Era wording
Gigalith-GX HP 250 Fighting
Stage 2 - Evolves from Boldore

/Ability/ - Stealth Rock
While this Pokémon is your active Pokémon, when your opponent's active Pokémon retreats, put 3 damage counters on the new active Pokémon.

[F][F][F] Rock Roar 90
Your opponent's switches his or her active Pokémon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokémon. If this Pokémon has any Special Energy attached to it, this attack does 90 damage to the new active Pokémon.

[F][F][F][F] Continental Disaster GX 180
If this attack would Knock Out your opponent's active Pokémon, choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon to become the new active Pokémon instead of your opponent choosing. (You may only use 1 GX attack in a game)

When your Pokémon-GX is knocked out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: 4
Love the card. Seems you missed the Multi-energy attack cost part though

The link is the set symbol I guess.

EDIT: Where do I submit my final design?
You should submit your final card in this thread! Make sure you've triple checked it and made sure it is your final, however, as you can incur a point penalty if you need to edit it. :p

XY-Era wording
-snip-
Jade is correct in that at least one of your entry's attack costs should feature multiple types of Energy (excluding Colorless), for it to qualify in this month's competition.

If you look at my avatar, you can kinda guess my favourite Pokemon: Lucario. While I wanted to go for a kinder, and more heroic style for Lucario... Here is the Phantom Thief: Lucario ex δ

Lucario ex δ - [D][M] – HP 110
Stage 1 Pokémon - Evolves from Riolu

When Pokémon-ex has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Poké Body: Dark Mimicry
Each basic energy attached to this Pokemon provides every type of Energy but provides only 1 Energy at a time. This power can't be used if Lucario ex is affected by a Special Condition.

[C] Aura Thief
Choose an attack on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon in play. Aura Thief copies that attack. This attack does nothing if Lucario ex doesn't have the Energy necessary to use that attack. (You must still do anything else required for that attack.) Lucario ex performs that attack. During your opponent’s next turn, the defending Pokémon cannot use the attack that Lucario ex performed.

[D][M] Shadow Thief 30
Look at your opponent's hand. You may use the effect of a Supporter card you find there as the effect of this attack. (The Supporter card is discarded)

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance: none
Retreat: [C]

So.. I didn’t want to follow the heard for the almost likely bunch of Ho-Oh, shining, crystal and dual type mons. Dual type XY mons have not used both of their energy types ever. And the rest were far too obvious. Even regular mons with multiple types could be seen obvious. With fond memories of Delta species, I saw that a lot were dual metal types, and used the metal type in their costs. I originally started with Lucario Star Delta, as an [L][M] type. It fitted with the prior standards for Star Deltas, where their Delta type was based off of their shiny colouring, thus yellow for the [L] typing and [M] for the Deltas. In the end, I couldn't justify my card, as it was nearly a fancier, worse version of Tyranitar ex Delta. And everyone hates markers... I then considered a darker Lucario. In the end, I selected a Lucario ex Delta, since I could make it more powerful, and show off the shadowy nature of some Lucario... And so, Lucario became a thief.

This came after choosing Aura Thief for its attack. The problem with a lot of Pokemon like this is the fact that it needs specific types to use other attacks. I made the choice to allow any basic energy on Lucario to become any type, thus a Rainbow Energy as a basic. This fixes the issue, and as an EX, I felt that it was worth it. I added the special condition nerf to balance it out.

Oh man... I chose to use mew's mimicry as the base attack. But then I wanted the edgier Lucario. After using the attack, the opponent cannot use that attack, as if Lucario stole the attack.

OK... I wanted a second attack. Shadow Thief allows you to steal a supporter from your opponent hand, and use the effect this turn. For an ex, it had to be stronger than a regular Pokemon, so the opponent has to discard it. Thievery at its best.

Alolan Marowak - Fire/Ghost - HP100
Stage 1 - Evolves from Cubone

Ability: To Hell And Back
If this Pokémon is in your Discard pile and you have a Cubone in play, use this Pokémon to evolve Cubone.

[R][C] Playing With Fire 50+
This attack does 50 damage plus 20 more damage for each [R] attached to your Pokémon.

[P][C] Remembering Mother 30x
This attack does 30 times the number of Marowak in your discard pile.

Weakness: [W](x2) Resistance: [G](-20)
Retreat Cost: [C][C]

The bones it possesses were once its mother's. Its mother's regrets have become like a vengeful spirit protecting this Pokémon.

This card is a very dark card and I wanted to try something a little different. I did want to do Celesteela, but since there's no card yet, I can't use its information for my card. I hope this is good enough...

Jade is correct in that at least one of your entry's attack costs should feature multiple types of Energy (excluding Colorless), for it to qualify in this month's competition.

It goes same to Adam's, right?

Last edited:
Stunfisk//Electric//100

Basic
stunfisk.png

[L][F] Touch and Jolt

During your opponent's next turn, if this Pokémon is damaged by an attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), you may leave the defending Pokémon Paralyzed. If you do, discard all energy attached to this Pokémon.

[L][L][C] Flatten Up Your Friends 20

Choose 1 of your Benched Pokémon. That Pokémon has +30 HP.

Weakness - Fighting x2

Resistance - Metal -20

Retreat - [C][C]

Dex: Its skin is very hard, so it is unhurt even if stepped on by sumo wrestlers. It smiles when transmitting electricity.

Turtonator GX GUR 18
Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99

The best thing to do, Adam Ryder, is to edit your entry by editing one of it's attacks. Agreed, you will be penalized two points, but it will be worth it.

My entry might be wrong. Can I make a new entry? I'll accept any deductions that occur.
You can make a new entry, but would still lose two points just as if you had edited your original entry (such as so that it meets the requirements).

I think I'm going to have to drop-out. I still haven't found the Shiny I was planning to make, so I haven't really been inspired to draw it (or anything else for that matter). I also imagine that I'll be spending a lot of my time the next few days on Pokémon Gold (Virtual Console), so that's less time to dedicate to the Shiny hunt. However, I might chime back in if I find any inspiring Shinies on Gold by the deadline (if there's still space left).

Last edited:
/in for image

Didn't think I'd be able to make it this month––school's been really slogging lately––but I finally had an afternoon to myself for once. :D

1XOT3Sx.png

Notes:
  • I quite like the ex era. Originally I had thought to do a delta species card and work in the theme that way, but delta species blanks don't exist in the community atm and I didn't have the time to make one. Ended up doing an ex instead, which is almost as cool. :x
  • One of the cool things about the ex era is that it was the era in which Double Rainbow Energy was legal. It functioned more or less how we use DCE nowadays, but it was balanced differently––and, interestingly, this was one of a very few formats where DCE wasn't legal. This Dusknoir ex is intended to abuse DRE, if it wasn't obvious. :p
  • The Pokémon attached to Dusknoir ex by the Poké-Power aren't attached "as a Pokémon Tool card", and shouldn't be––or else you could only attach one.
Credits:
  • Blanks and symbols by the awesome @AwesomeEevee, better known on dA as metagross101.
  • Holosheet by the fabulous @aschefield101.
  • Art comes from the official wallpaper used on the booster packs of the TCG expansion Stormfront.
Thanks to everyone who made this card possible! ^.^

Back