PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Oct. 2014 - Ghost

Actually, I did my mismagius EX last month. Along with this one (not an entry):
Mismagius.png

And two misdreavus.

You just didn't need to put renders and effects on the card.

So... why did you two copy me?
I'm kidding, mismagius is the best and the fact that so many picked it proves it.

Well, Ghost is one of the types with only a small pool of Pokémon, so naturally there's going to be a fair amount of overlap. With 30~ entrants currently pledged to compete, there aren't enough evolutionary lines of Ghost for everyone to have picked a different one.

I didn't really read anyone entry yet before posting it.. I was scrolling for some idea.. then I saw Scizor ex from ex Unseen Force.. Unfortunately, Mismagius is the only ghost that could fit the profile of evolving from another ex since they are from different generation while the basic was previously a pokemon with no evolution in older gen.

I finished quite quickly. Please be nice because this is my first ever fake card :)

jV2Xtlh.jpg

Its quite simple because I think middle evolutions tend to be very simple and usually lack abilities, but I tried to give it an interesting attack at least. It lets the user get something extra out of a bad coin toss during their turn and make extra use of cards like pokeball, rollerskates, hypnotoxic laser and many others. If you hit tails then fortune void becomes more powerful, and if you hit heads then you get the benefit of the card you played so you gain something either way. Hopefully I can get better at making the art and putting the card together as I make more though :)

edit: forgot logo... well that means no chance of winning lol -_-

Pipotchi said:
I finished quite quickly. Please be nice because this is my first ever fake card :)
If that's your first fake card, I think you've definitely proved that inexperienced fakers can still create amazing cards.

In for image-based, please. Yes, this is going to be my first fake. Yes, I'm probably going to fail miserably. No, I don't think I'll be last. Ok, probably last :p

But hey, I'll learn something.

I know that I edited my post, which causes a 2 point deduction, but that was only so I could put the card in there. The previous post only had the first message.
So would that count?

Ice Arceus said:
Be careful when posting your entry though, because if you have to edit, or did edit your post you’ll have an instant deduction of 2 points from your overall score, and posting your entry again on a different post also deducts 2 points.

Every edit counts. :/ Now that auto-merge was disabled in Fan Fakes, you could have just posted. You can now make 2 post right after the other and they remain separately. But yeah, since you edited the post, it's a deduction.

myoKun345 said:
Can I submit cards in the image-based contest that are in a custom format?
Yes, you can! We have quite a few members who do just that every month.

That was exactly the same question I had when first reading the rules. You can absolutely design your own card layout/graphics, just make sure to specify what era of the game your card text is meant to align to.

Shiny.Rayquaza said:
I will be going for image based,but as a new member I have a question,is it alright if we hand create the card?
Do you mean draw it out and scan it (like this)? If that's the case, no, I couldn't accept that as an entry. I'm sorry, but to participate in Image-based you need a working photo editing program.

Just a query - are Rotom's other forms (e.g. Wash, Mow etc.) allowed as entries? They used to all be Electric/Ghost before they were changed to match each of their appropriate types in gen V, so I was wondering if it is possible to use them at all.

Ice Espeon said:
Just a query - are Rotom's other forms (e.g. Wash, Mow etc.) allowed as entries? They used to all be Electric/Ghost before they were changed to match each of their appropriate types in gen V, so I was wondering if it is possible to use them at all.

Well if they're not Ghost now, I'd say no. But the judges should answer this >_> Nevermind, apparently it's been discussed already.

Damn it, couldn't enter to text-based :/
y u do dis Luis ;-;
y u no tell mi ;-;

Maybe next month will be :D

Do you want to replace me? I probably won't be able to make a good quality card in this time; if you can I'd rather you have my spot.

Eron said:
Damn it, couldn't enter to text-based :/
y u do dis Luis ;-;
y u no tell mi ;-;

Maybe next month will be :D

Hey, y u blame me?! D: I'm no Judge this month. xD But as rev said, I guess you can take his spot.

Back