Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: May 2018 - Psychic Types ~ Have Some Official Judging!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I was right, that was fun.

Basic: Lugia <> [P] HP 160

<> (Prism Star) rule: You can’t have more than 1 <> card with the same name in your deck. If a <> card were to go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

[Ability:] Gale Star
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to your bench, for each of your [C] Pokémon in play, search your deck for an Energy card and attach it to that Pokémon. Shuffle all Pokémon with 80HP or less (both yours and your opponent's) except Active Pokémon into that player's deck.

[C][C][C][C] Telekinesis of the Wind 80+
Switch all Energy attached to this Pokémon with those attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon. This attack does 30 more damage for each [P] Energy you moved in this way. (When this Energy removed from play for any reason, give it back to the owner.)

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Here's my entry:

may_s_kadabra_cac_by_kangaflora-dcan3wt.png

Technorrific

Aspiring Trainer
Here's my entry for this contest:

[Basic] – Deoxys ◇ – HP: 150 – [P]

◇ (Prism star) rule:
You can't have more than 1 ◇ card with the same name in your deck. If a ◇ card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

[Ability] Mutate
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may choose 1 of the following effects. This effect stays active until the end of your opponent’s next turn.
  • This Pokémon’s attacks do 30 more damage (before applying Weakness and Resistance).
  • This Pokémon takes 30 less damage from attacks (after applying Weakness and Resistance).
  • This Pokémon’s Retreat Cost is [C][C] less.
  • This Pokémon’s attack cost is [C][C] less.
[P][P][C][C] Nucleic Charge 100+
If your opponent's Active Pokémon has any Special Energy attached to it, this attack does 30 more damage.

Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C]
PokéDex Entry: Born from an interstellar virus mutated by laser exposure, Deoxys can adapt to any situation in order to survive.

Anime Psyclone

Guiding Light. Will Unchanged.
I made a level x gothitelle card
Gothitelle Lv. X / LEVEL UP! -Put on Gothitelle/ HP:130 /Psychic
Poke-Power:Astral Prediction
Flip a coin. If heads, you can choose a move for your opponent to use on their next turn.
[P][P][P][P][C] Psywave: 40x
Flip a coin until you get tails. For every heads, this move does 40 more damage.
Weakness: Dark+10
Resistance: Psychic-10
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C][C]

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Girafarig /// Basic Pokémon/ HP: 90 / Psychic

NO. 203 Long Neck Pokémon HT: 4’11” WT: 91.5 lbs.

(Ability) Instinctive Gnawing
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may put a card from your hand on the bottom of your deck.

[P][P] Palindromical Pummel 10+
Reveal the top card and the bottom card of your deck. If those two cards have the same name, this attack does 180 more damage. Shuffle the revealed cards back into your deck.

Resistance: [-]
Retreat Cost: [C]

Girafarig's rear head also has a brain, but it is small. The rear head attacks in response to smells and sounds. Approaching this Pokémon from behind can cause the rear head to suddenly lash out and bite.
This month, I decided to glance over the Gardevoirs, Mewtwos, and other popular psychic types and go with something a little less conventional. Eventually, I choose to give Girafarig some love, over Reuniclus and Beheeyem. Instinctive Gnawing, a reference to Girafarig's tail, gives the player some control over Palindromal Pummel, as they can place any card they want on the bottom of their deck, but it also has other uses, such as saving cards when using a supporter that discards them, like Professor Sycamore. Palindromal Pummel is the real meat of the card though. A palindrome is a word that is the same forwards and backwards, which Girafarig's design takes influence from. If the deck has the same card on the top as it does on the bottom, Girafarig's attack skyrockets, and with a choice band, it can easily knock out GXs. With Mallow, Girafarig can potentially set itself up for two turns, which can easily change the tides of a battle. The stats are taken directly from other Girafarig cards.

References: Braviary PLS, Lileep PLB, Looker ULP, Swampert-EX, Cedric Juniper LTR

Yog

Rogue
I have some ideas for this :eek: Plus last month's image turn-out was poor (partly my bad).

Sign me up for image!

Gah, I'm afraid I'm out. I went to make this card tonight and remembered exactly why I wasn't around last month - my PS is kaput and needs a re-install. If I manage to do that within the month, I will get something together. But just assume I can't play for now.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Gah, I'm afraid I'm out. I went to make this card tonight and remembered exactly why I wasn't around last month - my PS is kaput and needs a re-install. If I manage to do that within the month, I will get something together. But just assume I can't play for now.
Ah, that sucks! That said, you might like to check out the online photo editor Photopea? It is apparently suitably powerful as a PhotoShop replacement, and so you may be able to use that until you can get PS reinstalled?

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
An entry in this thread? From @steffenka? It's more likely than you think!

xatu_cac_by_steffenka-dcax2qx.png

When I think of psychics, two things come in mind - foretunetellers/psychics and mediums, and since Xatu can see both future and past, I thought it would be a perfect candidate! I also thought it would be appropriate to mention these psychic abilities in it's moves, having it predict the future and looking back at the past. I honestly don't have that much else to say, since it pretty much sums up my thoughts. Psychic-type lead to looking at the future/past lead to Xatu lead to future/past moves lead to this card :p

Artwork by me, though it's a trace of an artwork from the Pokémon Adventures manga
Blanks, Energy and numbers from Aschefield101
Holofoil effects from Nekoban Ryo

So there we have it! Good luck to all the other entries! :D

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Nice
Basic Pokémon | Cresselia GX | 160 HP | [P]
tumblr_n2ijfhxeIB1r4e6sio1_250.gif

Ability: End of Darkness
If your opponent's Active Pokemon is a [D] Pokémon, its Weakness is now [P], and has no Resistance.

[P][C][C] Astral Denial - 70
Your opponent may not play any Pokémon with more than 100 HP from his or her hand onto his or her Bench during his or her next turn.

[P] Lunar Dance GX
Search your deck for up to 3 cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. Your opponent may not play any Supporter cards from his or her hand during his or her next turn. (You cannot use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Resistance: [-]
Retreat: [C][C]
When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Last edited:

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Here goes:

Espeon - 80 HP - [P]
Stage 1 - Evolves from Eevee - Put Espeon on the Basic Pokémon - Stage 1 Pokémon
d9dc93e5c11d0c5fb5fbb3312e338a43362f67bf_128.gif

Sun Pokémon. Length: 2'11", Weight: 58 lbs.
Pokémon Power: Sunbeam Bounce Once during your turn (before your attack), you may take 1 [P] Energy card attached to 1 of your Pokémon and attach it to a different one. This power can't be used if Espeon is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed.

[P][P][P] Telekinetic Teamwork 20+ Does 20 damage plus 10 damage times the number of your Benched Pokémon that have any [P] Energy cards attached to them.

weakness:
[P]
- resistance: [-] - retreat cost: [C]

The tip of its forked tail quivers when it is predicting its opponent's next move. LV. 36 #196

Espeon is actually my favorite Pokémon, despite my name being "Serperior" on this site. (He used to be my second favorite, now he's kinda falling off.) The first Espeon printed were in Neo Discovery, with the first card in the set being an Espeon, actually, in beautiful holographic form. (That card displays one of my favorite artworks in all of PTCG history, btw. The other Espeon is a non-holographic card within the same set.)

If you couldn't tell from Espeon's Crystal sprite, I wanted to pay homage to those classic Neo sets. I am fascinated by how the wording was weird back then and everything seems severely underpowered compared to the standards of today's cards. Some of my fondest memories as a child was tearing into these old sets, and they're some of my favorite even today. From the lack of capitalization in "weakness" at the bottom of those cards in the old days, and Wizards redundantly describing Stage 1 or 2 Pokémon twice on the card in this era, I wanted to stay true to those within the text as well.

As I was flipping through scans of old sets, I couldn't find any Pokémon that referenced your own Bench and number of Energy attached, which was kind of surprising. Gardevoir ex from Sandstorm does damage based on the number of Energy attached to all Pokémon in play, and Xerneas BREAK from Steam Siege does damage based on the number of Energy you have in play. I couldn't find Pokémon that did anything like these two from the early 2000s.

This being said, I wanted to tinker with what would have been an original attack in the Neo era. Sunbeam Bounce helps move around Energy that you may have devoted to a Pokémon that has since been damaged. While not as powerful as Base Set Venusaur's Energy Trans, this is appropriate as Espeon is a Stage 1 and is therefore, by nature, easier to get in play. The idea would be to get a few out and start moving Energy at will, potentially using Scoop Up on fat Basics to absorb damage as you play Energy.

Telekinetic Teamwork pairs well with Sunbeam Bounce. The wording for Telekinetic Teamwork is weird and is the best I could do without a word-for-word copy of an attack similar to this at my disposal. I referenced Riptide Feraligatr from Genesis for the addition component of the text. I referenced Dragonair from Base Set for the Energy card clause. Within Hyper Beam, the attack reads: "If the Defending Pokémon has any Energy cards..." and the rest I don't care about. So I reference the Bench instead and specified Psychic Energy. Hope that makes sense.

The attack might look overpowered at first glance (three Energy for 70!?) but I don't think it is. With Energy Removal able to keep consistent attachments in check, and the difficulty in keeping that Energy on the board in the first placement, I think this is fair. 70 is not an overwhelming amount of damage in the first place, but can definitely leave a dent.

Everything else is pretty standard. The holo Espeon has 80 HP while the non-holo has 70. I gave this one a little extra beef because she requires three Psychic Energy for one attack. The Weakness and Retreat Cost are standard.

I added the Length/Weight/Stage 1/description at the bottom for flavor. Hope you like my entry!

Thank you! This was fun.

Kavross

Aspiring Trainer
Solga.png

Hey guys! So I know i registered twice and never made cards, so i understand if you won't let me enter. If you will, this is my entry for image

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
In your defence Kavross, you had to withdraw both times as you hardly had time to create your entry, but this time you've entered.