Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: May 2017 - Beginnermons - All Results Up!

Woohoo - excited to see the voting has arrived!

@Celever

Just to be clear, how do we ensure that we don't give our own entry any points? I assume we just leave it off the list entirely? But, then again, did I see something about all those being left off the list getting equal points? If that's the case, I'd assume we have to fill in the list in it's entirety with our own entry either at the bottom or being the sole entry left off the list?

Woohoo - excited to see the voting has arrived!

@Celever

Just to be clear, how do we ensure that we don't give our own entry any points? I assume we just leave it off the list entirely? But, then again, did I see something about all those being left off the list getting equal points? If that's the case, I'd assume we have to fill in the list in it's entirety with our own entry either at the bottom or being the sole entry left off the list?
Oh. Yeah. You're a genius; I thought I'd thought of everything!

I think leaving your own entry at the bottom of the list or off the ballot (it has the same effect) is a good way of doing it for this month. Thanks for pointing it out :)

Oh. Yeah. You're a genius; I thought I'd thought of everything!

I think leaving your own entry at the bottom of the list or off the ballot (it has the same effect) is a good way of doing it for this month. Thanks for pointing it out :)
I thought putting my entry as the average was the best idea (is there any way to change your ballot?). Sorry!

I thought putting my entry as the average was the best idea (is there any way to change your ballot?). Sorry!
That's fine; it's my fault for not being explicit about it. If your point total has the potential to change the final results, I'll work out how many points you got from the mistake. If not, enjoy a marginally inflated score. :p

That's fine; it's my fault for not being explicit about it. If your point total has the potential to change the final results, I'll work out how many points you got from the mistake. If not, enjoy a marginally inflated score. :p
I rated myself as 8 (I think). I can PM you what I chose, to help you identify which submission was mine.

Hey @Blui, I can't see your entry anymore. Is it just me?

Edit: Okay, I still can't see it on the thread (Or by copying the direct image link posted and viewing it) but it's up just fine on blui's DeviantArt (here, if I'm not the only one with problems seeing it)

Last edited:
Hey @Blui, I can't see your entry anymore. Is it just me?

Edit: Okay, I still can't see it on the thread (Or by copying the direct image link posted and viewing it) but it's up just fine on blui's DeviantArt (here, if I'm not the only one with problems seeing it)

I did the same thing @TylerRVG and couldn't see it.

However, if you go to @Blui's DeviantArt page, it's in the gallery. Link here. I'm assuming that's the correct one!

EDIT: I'm a n00b.

Last edited:
Good luck guys! Really cool cards here. Sorry I couldn't get an entry in this time.... but see y'all next month!

Celever, I didn't see your post for the voting, and accidentally put my entry at #1. Please help to remove it.

305bd7f7f4b026232afcea881090d21287e31820_hq.gif

Let me guess... you were expecting this month's judging?

Have you ever wanted to judge the Create-A-Card? Well, applications have just now opened! You can find all the details here.​

Voted. (and put myself last.. I cri ;__; )

Some great entries this month. I know I'm not around all that long, but even in that short time it feels like the standard is getting higher each month.

So uh, I hate to be that guy, but what's going on here? I'm just surprised we haven't gotten any updates on fan voting or judging. Please don't think I'm trying to rush the judges, I understand they have lives of their own that are more important than a contest on the Internet. Just wondering.

So uh, I hate to be that guy, but what's going on here? I'm just surprised we haven't gotten any updates on fan voting or judging. Please don't think I'm trying to rush the judges, I understand they have lives of their own that are more important than a contest on the Internet. Just wondering.
Both @bbninjas and I are a tad swamped at the moment with final exams and such for the school year. We are still hard at work on judging, but it has taken longer than usual this month because our attentions have had to be elsewhere first.

We apologize foremost for the lack of communication to you guys about this. We're aware that many of you use the judging from last month as feedback for improving your card this month. We'd like to make it clear that, despite results having taken a while both this month and in April, this does not mark the beginning of any kind of trend with us releasing scores later. The expectation is for June's scores to be posted within a reasonable timeframe after the contest ends. :)

Back