Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: May 2017 - Beginnermons - All Results Up!

My body is ready for the rush of last minute entries.

(*courtesy reminder thread bump ^_^ *)

I had to remove it so I could do some additional work on the blank. We both know it's your blank though.
But everyone else might not. You can't be removing the copyright from a blank, especially when the creator specificially states against it.

But everyone else might not. You can't be removing the copyright from a blank, especially when the creator specificially states against it.

I must have missed that somewhere. I had to remove it because I had to fix things to make the blank work for the holo since there wasn't a blank made for correctly for hyper rares.

I must have missed that somewhere. I had to remove it because I had to fix things to make the blank work for the holo since there wasn't a blank made for correctly for hyper rares.
All good! Just make sure you add it back on so that your entry isn't disqualified or anything. Jabberwock might be able to overlook the edit penalty as this is more a copyright thing. :p

@aschefield101 I use a different energy sheet made by a different person so that isn't on there but I don't understand how you can own a copyright on a card design that you technically didn't make.

@bbninjas alright, I'll have to find a way to do that but I don't think its fair to give credit to one person involved without giving credit to everyone and that would be quite the list for me to make.

LIST OF CREDITS: Everyone who made this card possible

Adobe credit - John Wamcok, Charles Geschke, Thomas Knoll, Winston Hendrickson, thousands of other people

Toshiba credit - Tanaka Hisashige, Ichisuke Fujioka, Satoshi Tsunakawa, 210,000+ other people

HP Credits - David Packard, William Redington Hewlett, Dion Weisler, some 200,000+ other people

Windows - Bill Gates, Paul Allen, John Thompson, Brad Smith, Satya nadella, Steve Ballmer, thousands of others as well

AMD- Jerry Sanders, Larry Stenger, Frank Botte, Jack Gifford, Sven Sionsen, John Carey, Edwin Turne, Jim Giles, Lisa T. Su, Thousands of others who made the equipment

Intel - Gordon Moore, Robert Noyce, Brian Krzanich, lots of others

The Pokemon Company/ International/Game Freak/Creatures - Tsunekazu Ishihara, Satoshi Tajiri, Ken Sugimori, Junichi Masuda, many others

Nintendo - Fusajiro Yamauchi, Shigeru Miyamoto, Tatsumi Kimishima, Genyo Takeda, Reggie Fils-Aime, thousands of others...

nVidia - Jensen Huang, Chris Malachowsky, Curtis Priem, Aditya Agrawal, Timo Aila, Kaan Akşit, Bob Alfieri Nir Arad Mike Bauer Nir Benty Nikolaus Binder Matthias Blumrich Evgeny Bolotin Cris Cecka Sylvia Chanak Niladrish Chatterjee Xi Chen Jason Clemons Neal Crago Cyril Crassin Ken Dahm William Dally Steven Dalton Shalini De Mello Larry Dennison Hans Eberle Eiman Ebrahimi Joel Emer Eric Enderton Matt Fojtik Tim Foley Iuri Frosio Orazio Gallo Michael Garland Isaac Gelado Tom Gray Trey Greer Jinwei Gu Siva Hari Jared Hoberock Aamer Jaleel Ted Jiang Daniel Johnson Tero Karras Jan Kautz Stephen Keckler Alex Keller Brucek Khailany Kihwan Kim David Kirk Craig Kolb Evgeni Krimer Sudhir Kudva Samuli Laine Aaron Lefohn Jaakko Lehtinen Erik Lindholm Ming-Yu Liu Ward Lopes David Luebke Daniel Lustig Morgan McGuire Duane Merrill Pavlo Molchanov Saurav Muralidharan Maxim Naumov Nikola Nedovic David Nellans Mike O'Connor Angshuman Parashar Anjul Patney Michael Pellauer Nathaniel Pinckney John Poulton Mark Ren Alexander Reshetov Marco Salvi Edouard Schmidtlin Sophia Shao Peter Shirley Albert Sidelnik Sanquan Song Josef Spjut Mark Stephenson Mike Sullivan Deqing Sun Steve Tell Sean Treichler Alejandro Troccoli Tim Tsai Walker Turner Stephen Tyree Rangharajan Venkatesan Oreste Villa Turner Whitted Lance Williams John Wilson Chris Wyman Xiaodong Yang Yanqing Zhang Brian Zimmer Arslan Zulfiqar, many others...

Western Digital - Stephen D. Milligan, lots of others

SanDisk - Eli Harari, Sanjay Mehrotra, Jack Yuan

Belkin - Chet Pipkin, 1000+ other people

Linksys - Janie Tsao, Victor Tsao, 700+ others...

Realtek - Huang Chih-chien, Ni Shu-ching, Yeh Chia-wen,Po-Len Yeh,Chen Chin-hsing, Yeh Nan-Horng, Yang Pi-chuan, Qiu Shunjian, 2500 others

Atheros - Teresa H. Meng, Chik Patrick Yue, John L. Hennessy

Foxconn - Terry Gou, 1.3 million other people

Crucial - Sanjay Mehrotra, 31,400 other people

Corsair Memory - Andy Paul, Don Lieberman, John Beekley, Thi La, Nick Hawkins, 800+ other people

Kingston Technology - John Tu, David Sun, 3000 others

Samsung - Lee Byung-chul, Lee Jae-yong, 500k other people

Logitech - Daniel Borel, Giacomo Marini, Pierluigi Zappacosta, Jean-luc Mazzone, Guerrino De Luca, Bracken Darrell, 10k others

Beats Electronics - Dr. Dre, Jimmy Lovine, Luke Wood, Mathew Costello, Will I Am, Noel Lee, 800 others

Apple Inc - Steve Jobs, Ronald Wayne, Steve Wozniak, Arthur D. Levinson, Tim Cook, Jonathan Ive, Luca Maestri, Jeff Williams, 115k other people

Google - Larry Page, Sergey Brin, Sundar Pichai, 57K other people

deviantART - Angelo Sotira, Scott, Jarkoff, Matt Stephens, many artist, Chaz Olave, Aschefield101, Paulsnoops, Karite Kita Neko, Icycatelf, Enchantedgal Stock, http://pokemoncardresources.deviantart.com/

PokeBeach - http://www.pokebeach.com/staff

Wacom - Masahiko Yamada, 1500+ people

Cox Communcations - James M. Cox, Patrick J. Esser, James C. Kennedy, Anne Cox Chambers

Salt River Project (SRP) - 5k people

The State of Arizona

The many people who pay me commissions so I can afford to pay my bills and do this

OEM - Many different Companies

Last edited:
© 2017 Pokémon. © 1995-2017 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK Inc. Pokémon and Pokémon character names are trademarks of Nintendo.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Colorless Templates pack for SunMoon, this includes 12 templates:
  • Basic, Stage 1 & Stage 2 Normal
  • Basic, Stage 1 & Stage 2 GX
  • Basic, Stage 1 & Stage 2 GX FullArt (FA)
  • Basic, Stage 1 & Stage 2 GX Rainbow (RB)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As usual do not remove my copyright at the bottom of the card (in the rare case it is covered/needs to be removed, please see the symbolsheet for a replacement) and these are exclusive to PokemonCardResources.

Click download on the right hand side, to get the pack.
Thats my DA post, answer in red :)

Without the copyright there, no one would know I made the template. In recent years thats my only expectation now, leaving it on. I used to not allow edits to the original blank of any kind (such as cutting out a Stage 2 bar and shoving it on a Mega, or something bizarre, because then people would think I made the template. And if it looked horrid, then my reputation nose dives). Thats all really.

edit:
the list was unnecessary, unless each individual image that wasn't yours, was expected to be cited by the original author (resources like holosheets you dont if made by me or icy/neko for example.)

Thats my DA post, answer in red :)

Without the copyright there, no one would know I made the template. In recent years thats my only expectation now, leaving it on. I used to not allow edits to the original blank of any kind (such as cutting out a Stage 2 bar and shoving it on a Mega, or something bizarre, because then people would think I made the template. And if it looked horrid, then my reputation nose dives). Thats all really.

edit:
the list was unnecessary, unless each individual image that wasn't yours, was expected to be cited by the original author (resources like holosheets you dont if made by me or icy/neko for example.)

I agree it was unnecessary but is appropriate. If I am giving credit to one person (you), then I need to give credit to everyone since I didn't make and or build the equipment I work with or designed any of the graphics on the card. The world must know who made that holo sheet or the textures used. I mean, all I did was make a texture and drew the image. At least 20 people were involved indirectly with the creation of the card. I just put it all together.

I will give you your credit, but I'm going to cite everyone else as well. I just hope you do the same.

My baby is done

Pelipper HP 120Water
Stage 1 – Evolves from Wingull

[Poké-POWER]: Power of the flock
If this Pokémon would take damage you may put that damage on a Wingull on your bench instead. If a Wingull is knocked out that way. Put it in the lost zone instead of the discard pile

[W] [C] Around the block
Put 2 Damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon

[W] [W] [W] Make them Squawk 70
Put 1 damage counter on one of your benched Wingull. If you don't have a Wingull benched you can't use this attack.

Weakness: | Resistance: | Retreat: |
Lightning (x2) | Fighting (-20) | [C] [C] |
Wingull - HP 40Water
Basic

[W] All on deck
Search your deck for up to 3 Wingull and put them onto your Bench. Shufle your deck afterward

[W] [W] Steal one
Flip a coin. If heads, you may remove an energy from your opponents active Pokémon. If you did. You may flip a second coin, if heads you may search your deck for a [W] energy and attach to one of your benched Pokémon

Weakness: | Resistance: | Retreat: |
Lightning (x2) | Fighting (-20) | None |

So. I thought I had quite a nice idea yet again. I stumbled apon the Card "Gengar Prime" from HGSS Triumphant. Which had the "Lost zone" and i thought... why not roll with that. Because for me it makes sense that Pelipper and Wingull get stronger from each other due to at least gulls beeing very "Flockative"
Also it would be a decent Pelipper and im all for that. And i thought: Might aswell do a Wingull fitting with it.
So Yeah this cards are thought for the HGSS era. Oh also. Half way through i noticed that the PokéPower and the first attack of Pelipper Rhymed so i made the third thing rhyme aswell. Why not

And sources are:
Gengar Prime
and Frogadier from XY Breakpoint

I just hope i don't f*d up the wording yet again. Because this card(s) are special to me. <3

So I made a card. I didn't think I was gonna make it in time 'cause I forgot to do it early in the month and then remembered when I had a lot of stuff to do. Anyways, it's probably crazy broken, and I didn't have time to check references, but the idea with it is to let crazy turbo decks go crazy turbo, or to just go for game t2/3. I hope you like it.

Gardevoir GX – [P] 200HP

Ability: Turbo Connection

Once during your turn (before you attack) you can put this card from your hand next to your Active Pokémon (this does not count as this Pokémon being in play). As often as you like, during your turn, if this card is next to your active Pokémon, you can discard 1 Pokémon from your bench. Then, either:z

· Discard 3 cards then search your deck for a Pokémon and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

· Discard 1 card then search your deck for a ‘Trainers’ Mail’ and put it into your hand.

· discard 1 card then search your deck for an ‘Acro Bike’ and put it into your hand.

At the end of the turn you put this Pokémon next to your Active Pokémon, put this Pokémon on your bench and knock out your active Pokémon (If you cannot put this Pokémon on your bench, discard this Pokémon). If your active Pokémon is not a Pokémon-EX or Pokémon-GX, your opponent takes one more prize card. Then, at the end of each of your opponent’s turns, if they did not knock out one of your Pokémon that turn, they take a prize card. You can only use one ‘Turbo Connection’ ability per game.

[C] [C] Destructive Connection: 20+

Discard all your benched Pokémon. This attack does 20 more damage for every 5 cards in your discard Pile.

[C] [C] Apocalyptic Connection GX

Discard cards from the top of your deck until you have 10 cards left in your deck (if you have 10 or less cards in your deck, you can’t use this attack). Then, put as many ‘Gardevoir GX’ from your discard pile on your bench as possible. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

W: [P] x2 R: [F] -20 Ret: [C][C]

No explanation this time, sorry. I will hopefully have more time to dedicate next month.
Edit: Had to change some things +w/r/r. I'll take the -2.

Crescent

Last edited:
Once during your turn (before you attack) you can put this card next to your Active Pokémon (this does not count as this Pokémon being in play)

Just curious, would the idea be to play this from your hand like a supporter, or move it up next to the active from the bench? If the second, would the Ralts/Kirlia remain on the bench?

I am here with a pretty sweet bee for you all!
Beedrill_CAC.png
I automatically thought Beedrill for this month, I have always wanted a Psychic-Type Beedrill and I feel as though this did the job very well. I procrastinated this card quite a bit for the sake of laziness though, but I am in love with the art! Also, i'm a little nervous on the text size here, i'm not sure if it's too small (.A.). Good luck to everyone, as usual!!!!!

I am here with a pretty sweet bee for you all!
Beedrill_CAC.png
I automatically thought Beedrill for this month, I have always wanted a Psychic-Type Beedrill and I feel as though this did the job very well. I procrastinated this card quite a bit for the sake of laziness though, but I am in love with the art! Also, i'm a little nervous on the text size here, i'm not sure if it's too small (.A.). Good luck to everyone, as usual!!!!!

I like this a lot!

Is this the beedrill that evolves from my Weedle?..:p

Hoothoot – Normal – HP60
Basic Pokémon

Ability: Aerial Respondent
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is on your bench, you may discard a card from your hand named Hoothoot or Noctowl. If you do, search your deck for an Energy card and attach it to this Pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[C] [C] Feathered Drop 20x
This attack does 20 damage times the number of cards discarded by each player this turn.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: [C]

Its powerful eyes allow it to locate food clearly even through the darkest night.
NO. 163 Owl Pokémon HT: 2’04’’ WT: 46.7 lbs.

The "Common Wording Errors" Compilation, Hoothoot (all of them), Greninja BREAK (bkp), Professor’s Letter, Max Elixir, Joltik (phf)

Practically no design notes this time. I got super busy and as such knocked this card out in like 2 hours. The ability is a mechanic I wanted to make for a while, though I was originally thinking of putting it in as a Grass type ability, the idea of sacrificing one thing, for growth of another naturally fitting in with plants, it still kinda half works for Birds, I guess (shut up, I was busy :/). The attack is another thing I can’t find having been done. Could be pretty unbalanced, but I don’t think so. The general idea was that Noctowls attack would have something that let you shuffle cards from your discard back into your deck, but that doesn’t really matter since these things are judged on their own. Otherwise, I picked HATHAT, cause HATHAT’s are cool, just ask our resident Birb, they will disagree, but it doesn’t matter what they think, I know it to be true :p

Back