PokéBeach Create-A-Card: July 2014 - Legendary (Congrats to the winners!)

Mora

Don't Panic
RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: July 2014 - Legendary

I thought this would be full by now, but it appears it's not. I'm tempted to submit one I had previously made, but they're done on neo blanks with I think either DP or HGSS power level and wording so...

Amperglyph

Irresponsibly Colorful

Mora said:
I thought this would be full by now, but it appears it's not. I'm tempted to submit one I had previously made, but they're done on neo blanks with I think either DP or HGSS power level and wording so...
From the looks of things, the description on how wording works in the grading scale may be out of date...as long as you post which era you were going for when you wrote it, that seems to be what the scores are based on. I could be wrong, though; hopefully CMP or someone else with more authority can weigh in on it.

Still, even if the entry's not quite right, entering it anyway can be a valuable experience - I feel like I've learned a lot about wording effects from having my entries judged. Plus I'd be rather interested to see what you've come up with!

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

Yeah, Mora, it's better to enter and fail than to wish you have entered. :p

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

While it's always better to follow to wording of the chosen blank, if you let me know I won't take points off wording; it would be a slight hit on Believability, though.

Nod3

her majesty

I'm still waiting for a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum remake and we haven't even got Hoenn yet.

xFMkH4q.png

Artwork of Arceus by Elsdrake (Artwork: http://elsdrake.deviantart.com/art/Arceus-the-creator-190124994)

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

Side note: I'll be heading out-of-town on Saturday afternoon until about Wednesday, and computer access will be limited. I've judged just about each entry so far (save for Noddeh's), so if you still need to submit, I'd really appreciate it (and so would everyone else, methinks) if you could do so by then, lest the judging wait. Just letting you guys know ahead of time!

Judged Nod's. Judging is done on my end for now!

Nod3

her majesty

Damn, I just got a good idea but I've already submitted. Oh well

Mora

Don't Panic

Yeah yeah; I know. You guys are waiting on me. I'll just go in and slap the CAC set symbol on there and upload it soon hopefully :p

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Can I do hoopa?

I'm judging you, right? I wouldn't mind, actually, for all we know, it is actually a Legendary after all.

Mora

Don't Panic

Fourth gen wording I think, and I adjusted the power creep to what you might find with Neo sets. Hope you enjoy!
Articuno_zpse275f351.png

Nothing too spectacular, I know. I really want those believability points.

Lugia123

Judging by my card I don't. ( I actually do but I slipped up a ton)

Nod3

her majesty

I recommend sending all judged entries to whoever posts them before you leave so that if everyone else is DNF, we still get results

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer

Nod3 said:
I recommend sending all judged entries to whoever posts them before you leave so that if everyone else is DNF, we still get results

The idea is good, but it still means that a potential winner could be ignored because they didn't submit before CMP stepped out. It seems weird (to me) to release one incomplete set of results, announce a winner, and then redo it after CMP gets back and judges new entries.
It would be good to do if every entry slot was full and every entrant had submitted - early results would be awesome then!

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

We were actually discussing this during the day and came up to a verdict:
The deadline time is a deadline for submissions. We Judges have time to post results between that time and the posting of the new Contest. That said, if no Image entries are posted by the deadline, results MIGHT be posted then(if I finish my part of the judging in time as well). Otherwise, they'll be posted as soon as CMP can send me the complete results.

This is all done to give you quality results. If we're rushed to post results exactly at the deadline, well, we might sometimes be less thorough when judging the last entries. I'm not saying this is going to make results come 2 weeks after the Contest is done, of course. They will be posted soon, maybe 2-3 days after deadline at average.

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!

Sorry about the delay guys I was supposed to finish it today but I forgot I had to go to cross country practice. Itll be done tomorrow

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Sorry about the delay guys I was supposed to finish it today but I forgot I had to go to cross country practice. Itll be done tomorrow

It's ok, as long as it doesn't take longer you'll be fine. I've judged 6/14 Submissions so far, so, I might not be done for when you post anyways.

Nod3

her majesty

I believe you misinterpreted what I said. CMP said that he's done judging, and that he's leaving today in the afternoon. He can send his results to you via PM, and then IF there are no additional submissions (everyone else did not finish) we can get results earlier.

Mora

Don't Panic

Luispipe8 said:
We were actually discussing this during the day and came up to a verdict:
The deadline time is a deadline for submissions. We Judges have time to post results between that time and the posting of the new Contest. That said, if no Image entries are posted by the deadline, results MIGHT be posted then(if I finish my part of the judging in time as well). Otherwise, they'll be posted as soon as CMP can send me the complete results.

This is all done to give you quality results. If we're rushed to post results exactly at the deadline, well, we might sometimes be less thorough when judging the last entries. I'm not saying this is going to make results come 2 weeks after the Contest is done, of course. They will be posted soon, maybe 2-3 days after deadline at average.

Fine by me. But there was this one CAC back in January when DNA (God rest his soul) was still judging I think where someone went out of town, and it was like a solid two weeks before we had results, and that's something I think we should try to avoid if at all possible.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

Nod3 said:
Can't do it until all entries are in. As bigfoot noted, we can't release an incomplete set of results.

After discussion with Luis and IA, we determined that the deadline is for submissions only. While Luis and I are usually finished judging by the actual deadline (with results posted accordingly), it isn't something you guys should necessarily expect. The time between the submission deadline and when IA posts the next month's competition is still designated as judgment time; results should be expected anywhere between the hours following the submission deadline and the hours preceding posting of the next competition. In fact, we've been considering holding results for a few days anyway (until the last/first of the month or when the next round gets posted).

Just because we've been on top of things the past few months (posting hours after the deadline), doesn't guarantee we will always. It takes far longer than most of you would expect, and with the recent surge of entries this month (don't get me wrong, we love it!), I've already spent close to 10 hours judging (it takes anywhere between a half hour to an hour per card).

And yes, two weeks is a long time to wait for results. Not disagreeing there! I'm done judging this month's entries so far, and Luis is likely very close, so you won't have to wait that long this month, but really, even if you did, you're waiting on something that's done during the free time Luis and I have.

I'll send Luis my results right before I leave tomorrow. There's a good chance we won't get any more entries anyway, in which case results will be posted quickly. If not, though, we don't want to hear any complaining! It won't be two weeks of waiting, and that's all you guys need to know. <3