PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Jan. 2015 - Member's Pokemon (Congrats to the Winners!)

For GM DracLord:
XM6Ia3u.png

Drac is a frequent face around Forum Games, so I tried to represent that a lot in this card. Bisharp was chosen because it's a "lordly" Pokemon in my eyes, and also kinda spooky/dread-inspiring.

For SeventhPrize:
PoEGAaJ.png

Prize cards are tied to victory, so here comes Victini with some Prize Power! SeventhPrize also sticks to the Create-A-Card contests on PokeBeach and not much else, hence all the Focus in the Ancient Trait and the Pokedex entry!

For Steffenka:
fzDWXvu.png

I tried, I really tried! I hope I made the fakemon look good! =) Steffenka does a lot of fakemon stuff here and on his DeviantART page, which is where I got some more info on Coralorse (and its prevolution) from. I still don't know much about this Pokemon, but hopefully it's enough to make the card decent!

And that wraps up all the 'left-out' member's cards for this month's CaC! I hope everyone liked them; I had a lot of fun making them, and managed to try out several new things in the process for all of this.

Congrats to the winners of the CaC in both categories, too! Image-based was very unpopulated this month, but there were still some great entries all around!
And yay for me winning the fan voting! Now if there was an artwork criteria in image-based I might win that too...

I'm looking forward to the next CaC contest, can't wait to see what we have to do next! ^_^

Just something interesting to note; Victini actually receives weakness for it's recoil damage :p See Nidoqueen AT to remove this recoil, if you'd like.

And, blue... lazy xD

Beautiful work! Amazing!

I know i forget to refer to something.
maybe i would find something more unique to do for the next contest..

I do love the Bisharp very much.. the high hp is countered with the risky attack. This will be good using TM trainer cards

Congratulations to the winners! Y'all did great :D

And I love Coralorse, really pretty artwork as well :3

Awesome! Congrats to the winners. :) Are we going to have a contest for February or is it too late now, especially with February being a short month? >_>

^I'm afraid it's too late this month, as 10 days have already passed. So you could say that February's CaC has been cancelled due to technical difficulties that the judges have suffered in January.

BigfootAUS said:
Now if there was an artwork criteria in image-based I might win that too...
If there were an artwork criteria PMJ & Athena would just win every time, you don't want to live in that world.

I really did want to start a new round, but sadly, judging went too far into the month than I was expecting. Instead, I think it would be fun that we use the remaining part of the month to have a mini-round and have all you guys try your hand at judging.

Many of you guys submitted cards for laughs, so why not try to judge one another's cards using the format the judges use, and at the end of the month, we can all vote on the best judge and they can help judge in a future round! :)

Wow I didn't expect to win that :eek:

Congratulations to everyone who took part and my fellow winners! It was definitely a fun theme :3

Originally I was going to comment on most of the points in the review of my card, but it ended up far too long on the Word document!
Instead I'll just summarise it in a series of phrases:

"I need to stop making silly errors!"
"D-did I just seriously slip up on my english!?"
"I felt the clause had to be included as this attack's effect carries over to the opponent's turn, and wanted to clarify when and when it doesn't 'stay' in effect."
"At least the mechanic behind the attack sounds workable!"
"I just left an infinite loop (even...two in fact), that's horrendous - how did I overlook that (them)?"
"The owner rule would be broken if it were the same for all of the owner's Pokémon, I agree! And of course, need to fix wording."

The final verdict stung! I'll have my vengeance, Heavenly Spoon! By not... doing as badly in March. Maybe. No promises. Fingers crossed.

On a different note, I was merely saying that in jest BigfootAUS :D , I'm still making those cards. Speaking of which, I need to get to the illustrations soon, the spoilers themselves already done.

The full-art cards are awesome as usual - I already commented about it on your profile but it bears repeating here that I love the mew card you made for me, from concept to execution.

It was a fun round, congrats to the winners!

EDIT:

Heavenly Spoon said:
If there were an artwork criteria PMJ & Athena would just win every time, you don't want to live in that world.

Ah that's not so bad, even if they are consistent in that aspect it's still worth mentioning how good the art on their cards are. Right? Right? :D

I'm calling Spoon's Mew. Or Mew's Spoon. Or Heavenly Mew. Or Heavenly Mew's Spoon. Whatever, I call it. :p

I wouldn't mind judging art, or maybe aesthetics as a whole. It would help fix some of the custom blank loopholes (can't really judge placement on those) and encourage people to improve their blanks. And I guess as awesome as Blui's card was mechanically, re-using existing TCG art might a bit lame for the audience. Forcing participants to look for or create better art would help remedy that somewhat. And of course this would be a great way to encourage non-TCG artists to participate.

Then again, I don't think I want to force anyone to look for Gardevoir art ._.

Luispipe8 said:
I'm calling Spoon's Mew. Or Mew's Spoon. Or Heavenly Mew. Or Heavenly Mew's Spoon. Whatever, I call it. :p
You do realise it's going to have to be e-series, right?

Also, I guess this means I'm calling Luis' Gallade(?)?

Heavenly Spoon said:
Then again, I don't think I want to force anyone to look for Gardevoir art ._.

lol, I laughed way too hard for this. xD

Heavenly Spoon said:
Luispipe8 said:
You do realise it's going to have to be e-series, right?

Well, yeah. I do my research when Judging, I can do so when faking as well. ;)

Heavenly Spoon said:
Also, I guess this means I'm calling Luis' Gallade(?)?

A little too late, it was IE's. :p

And I guess as awesome as Blui's card was mechanically, re-using existing TCG art might a bit lame for the audience.

I'm pretty lazy. Sometimes I'll have new, cool art (like my Shedinja entry) and others I'll go on Mizue/Fukuda's blog and grab stuff from there :p

^I'm afraid all that depends on whether or not there are any technical faults, which got February's CaC cancelled last month. There may also be a possibility that it's been axed altogether due to lack of interest. Loads of text entries, but not enough image entries may very well be the key decision as to whether or not we should keep it going. It might also be a case of a good things must come to an end type scenario.

Firstly... lack of interest? There are huge amounts of people that are interested in the competition! There is about 20 regular contestants, and people are constantly finding the CaC Competition by outside sources.

Personally I don't see how a lack of image-based should affect the CAC contest in general. The option of image based allows for the opportunity and encourages one to actually image fake. Throwing away the image section kills it for any person that is part of it, and wants to be part of it in the future (CaC is what encouraged me to practice image faking for possible entries in future competitions!). Throwing away the whole competition also prevents the 15 or so people who don't make text fakes except for the contest from expressing creativity! I think that CaC is a really important part of PB's Creative Works section and should most definitely not be scrapped due to low entries in one section. I understand that technical difficulties can be problematic, and the time required from judges, but interest is not a problem, IMO, whatsoever.

Back