PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Jan. 2015 - Member's Pokemon (Congrats to the Winners!)

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
vaHBzz4.png

Welcome to the January round of Create-A-Card!

We will be kicking off the new year with Drohn's face a bang with another round of CAC. This month we will be focusing on Member's Pokemon. Now, you will not be basing the card off of your favorite Pokemon, instead, you will choose a Pokemon that reflects another member the best. For instance, I may decide to pick Heavenly Spoon and choose Mew, since HS has a unhealthy love for that Pokemon. The text would read "Heavenly Spoon's Mew."

This round provides you with an opportunity to be funny, but at the same time we expect you to be serious when it comes to submitting your card. Your card should, in no way, be an opportunity to attack another member. If it comes across as if you are attacking another member or using pictures without proper permission, then you will be removed from this round (and warned) and potentially from participating in future rounds.

As an artist, you will not be restricted to a specific card era when creating your card.

Participants who fail to submit a card by the deadline will automatically lose 2 points for next round (similar to losing 2 points for the current round for editing). You must drop out by the 24th of January at 11 PM to not incur the penalty. Continuing to fail to post a submission in future rounds will result in a possible ban from the contest for a couple of months. Please keep a close eye on the deadline.

Continuing from the previous round, card maker (websites) are officially banned from this contest. These websites kill the creativity aspect of the contest and don't exemplify the skills of the individual that we're looking for.

Fan Voting is still available. Members are free to vote for ONE text-based entry and ONE image-based entry. You may either PM [smod]Ice Arceus[/smod] your choices or take the Google poll (which will be available shortly after the submission deadline).

The ability to form partnerships is available for this round as well!

Members with different talents can work together on a card! That means members get to use their best talents and combine them into the best and most creative card! For example: one of the members focus on illustrations while the other can focus on the card itself. Working in a team is optional.

Artists (illustrators) are free to post in this thread, letting participants know that they are available.

Now is the time to show us your true faking skills and put your best foot forward, and show how well you can create a card!

This contest has two sections, Text Based and Image Based. In text based all you have to do is create a card in text form and post it in here! For the Image based half, you’ll need the help of some software to let your creations come to life. But one thing remains important between both of them, it has to be original.

There are a total of 30 places in this competition, 15 for both sections, and unlike last year, these slots don’t apply for both. Only one. So simply be fast and post down below that you wish to enter, but be fast, these competitions can fill up very quickly! Once you’ve entered you’ll need to create your entry and post it down below, before Wednesday, 28th of January at 11:00 PM EST. Be careful when posting your entry though, because if you have to edit, or did edit your post you’ll have an instant deduction of 2 points from your overall score, and posting your entry again on a different post also deducts 2 points.

Another note, for those entering Image Based you will have to include this logo OR this one on your card or else your entry won’t be accepted. It was designed by the lovely Nekoban Ryo who continuously creates resources for the faking world and faker himself. Alternate Set Symbol #1, Alternate Set Symbol #2

Scoring

--------
Text-Based
--------

1. Creativity/Originality
    We're all tired of effect-less attacks. Without images, part of the intrigue with text-based fakes is the creativity of Power/Body/Ability/attack effects. Let's see something cool!
    Total: 20 points
    ---
  2. Wording
    Proper wording is also key in designing any fake card. Try to ensure wording is correct for the era of blank you choose; from Classic and Neo to EX, DP, and BW, wording has changed a lot, so be careful! Spelling is also taken into consideration.
    Total: 15 points
    ---
  3. Believability/Playability
    Text-based fakes rely heavily on their believability. Think of your entries as if they were real cards. Try to avoid those 400 HP monsters which do 200 damage for [R]! Proper type (unless Delta-species), Pokédex information, and ballpark HP will be taken into consideration.
Max Points: 50

--------
Image-Based
--------
  1. Creativity/Originality
    This should be a given. With the proper tools, let your imagination run wild! This can involve new gameplay mechanics, blanks, etc.
    Total: 20 points
    ---
  2. Wording
    Proper wording is also key in designing any fake card. Try to ensure wording is correct for the era of blank you choose; from Classic and Neo to EX, DP, and BW, wording has changed a lot, so be careful! Spelling is also taken into consideration.
    ---
  3. Fonts and Placement
    Correct fonts are imperative when creating realistic fakes. Placement isn't quite as important, so long as the fonts/symbols/etc. are in the correct general area.
    Total: 10 points
    ---
  4. Believability/Playability
    Because this division of the contest is so image-heavy, the believability and playability takes a backseat here. However, it's still worth a portion of the total points, so try to keep it in the realm of believable! Proper type (unless Delta-species), Pokédex information, and ballpark HP will be taken into consideration.
    Total: 5 points
Max Points: 50

So that’s the point breakdown for this month’s Create-A-Card. Luispipe8 will be judging the Text Based portion of the contest and Heavenly Spoon will be judging the Image Based part.

When making your fakes be sure to follow forum rules, if you are using someone else’s art be sure you have their permission to use it or it is otherwise considered art theft.

As per usual have fun and be as creative as you can be and show the world that PB can make the best fake cards!

Deadline: January 28 (Wed.) 11:00pm EST

Anticipated Entrants

[td] Image-Based:
  1. Blui
  2. BigfootAUS
  3. PMJ & Athena
  4. Huderon of Canossa
  5. Amperglyph
[/td][td] Text-Based:
  1. Reggie McGigas
  2. GadgetJax
  3. steffenka
  4. NameBlank
  5. Keeper of Night
  6. Ice Espeon
  7. PokeBoss123
  8. bbninjas
  9. Vom
  10. Machamp The Champion
  11. SeventhPrize
  12. Mr. Stoopid (Scorched Feathers)
  13. AlexanderTheAwesome
  14. Lugia123
  15. GM Draclord
  16. My Little Keldeo
  17. Camoclone
  18. Auride
[/td]

Bold names means I have seen your entry in this thread.

Want to help advertise the contest? Feel free to use the banner below in your sig!

vaHBzz4.png

Credit goes to Heavenly Spoon for the hilarious banner and Drohn for letting us use his face. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Jan. 2015 - Member's Pokemon

Luispipe is back?

latest

Glad to see you back, luis! In for text to continue my losing streak of 18+finally win!

Who is the guy in the Charizard, though o_O Wait a second is that Drohn with his head on fire?

This should be fun. I'll join in Text-Based again.

There are a LOT of ideas to use. I can't decide!

Open for a collab but I'll sign up image for now. I'm expecting at least 5 Drohn's Blastoise.

Signing up for text-based. Going to give it another try; looking to improve my card making skills once again.

I'd like to enter text-based please! :D

I would like to join the image-based portion of the contest.

Also, a reminder to everyone not to get their feelings hurt. This whole contest is about laughing at ourselves.

In it for text.
Now to decide on the best victim member to base a card off of...

Sooo in for text.

Can I do one for myself? If so I'm in for text-based!

in2win image based.

In for text

PokeBoss123 said:
Can I do one for myself? If so I'm in for text-based!

Well, I would prefer you choose someone else, but if you feel more comfortable doing yourself, then go for it. :)

In for image-based! Does anyone want a half-art card dedicated to their favourite/signature Pokemon? I'm gonna hone my half-art card skills this month! ^_^

Am I the only one who really wants to do Turtwig's Turtwig? XD
Hope he doesnt see this...

Vom said:
Am I the only one who really wants to do Turtwig's Turtwig? XD
Hope he doesnt see this...

Nah, Reggie McGigas' Regigigas sounds more fun.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0AF8ojt378[/video]

Glad to be back in the Judging seat, more trained than ever! :D

Although, it's pretty sad the one month I was so eager to participate, I got called in. Dx So, if anyone in Image Based is into making an Ice Arceus' Fire Goomy, or Ice Espeon's Fire Umbreon awesome Water Pokémon Master's Blastoise (or anything else, TBH :p ), I'm available for co-op work! ;)

Back