Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: February 2017 - Alola Pokedex - Results Are Up!

You can add an Item card along with your entry if you wish, but you will only be judged on the Pokemon entry. So even if the Item is the most creative idea in the competition, you will still not get any points for it. If the specific Item card is what makes your entry original, synergetic or playable, then I suggest you tweak your design slightly so that is no longer the case.

Alright but the item card isn't what makes it unique. It's mostly for context since the card text references it.

@Lunarwork, how exactly are you trying to upload your image? One way to do it is dragging the image from your documents into the text bar, ex. something like this:
like this.png
kgfhlq.png
oaghpa.png
Another way to do it is to use Imgur links, ex. something like this:
kghg.png
Here, you'll want to click the copy button next to Direct Link if you're using an image. I'm using a GIF in my example, so I have to click "Original GIF Link", but you will click Direct Link.
highlighted button.png
Then, click the picture frame button.
kugkh.png
Then, paste your link...
Grgayhz.gif

...and your image is inserted!
Hopefully this helps you! ^v^

@Luispipe8 What I'm trying to evaluate here is that I can't find a software I can do this on. I've tried GIMP, and I'm confused. How do you let the importation be prevented and how to activate the font/lettering? And I know I can't use any generators, but do I have to make my card on GIMP and copy/paste/save as and then put it on Microsoft Word? I've never created a card out of pure talent, I admit it. I'm trying to see if I can get a way to get an entry non-generated. And I know bb says that the card blanks might help, but they don't show up. Right now I'm praying to God that I'll make it. Also, I want to be able to create cards at heart, so I'm in this for the wisdom and learning and the experience everyone else has in this contest so I can follow along. Also, when you say "mess", I feel really depressed. And I know things are kinda messy around here because of me, but as I told you, I don't go for GIMP or anything else. I want to try, but I'm afraid I'll get mixed up and put myself all the way back. So, GIMP- some help.

@Lunarwork , for the repeated use of a card generator to submit your entry despite being told not to; and for the unnecessary triple-posting done in the thread, the CAC team has decided to drop you out of the current Contest. You will, however, not receive any sort of penalty for upcoming contests as long as you comply to the rules next time. May this be a lesson not only for you, but all contestants. ;) I myself am not a image faker, but I've seen people use GIMP, Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop to create their cards. You might want to check on some manuals and/or guides both here on PB and on the softwares' pages for more info on how to use them; or you can even get another Image faker to give you a quick tutorial. And FWIW, I'm not calling any of your entries a mess, just the spam made on the Thread, don't get me wrong. xD

Also, I'll be cleaning up the thread as I finish writing this post. Let's keep it tidy for Judges and everyone else to see the entries easily.

@bbninjas is there any plans on putting all the entries into one post so they can be seen together?
To add to what Luis has already said, we will be compiling all the entries at a later date. Once the deadline has passed, I will be compiling the links to each member's entry for easy reference during fan-voting, and once all the entries have been judged, the text-based and image-based entries will again be compiled with the judge's critique written underneath them. However, I could also provide a link to each member's entry as they are posted in the OP as well, if you would find that helpful.

@Lunarwork; to clarify the post above, while you can still participate in this month's contest, you have been dropped off the current Anticipated Entries list for now. If you wish to still participate, you will need to sign up again, but know that you mustn't post unnecessarily in this thread or attempt to submit another card made by a generator, otherwise there will be issues. If you need help on card faking, you should ask your specific questions in our Faking Resources and Help thread, and if you are unsure how to use GIMP, then you should check out their User Manual, their Tutorials, search Youtube for tutorials (i.e. Getting Started with GIMP), or simply search "How to do <thing> in GIMP?" in Google. That's how most of us will have begun our image-based faking journies. :p

Text-based, because im just that much of a MS Paint god lol
Unfortunately, the text-based portion is now full, but be sure to keep an eye on this thread, since if a member drops out it'll open space for someone else to join text-based! On the other hand, you could join the image-based portion, since now is a great time to learn! We've got a ton of resources and guides available to make starting out easier for you. ^.^

Hey @bbninjas, just a heads up, @TheNyanCatXD submitted an image entry on the previous page, you might've missed it because I don't see his name bolded on the OP. Just being fair.

I am very proud of what i'm about to submit :)
Skarmory_CAC.png
Artist is known by their DeviantArt name by Kamoodle. They have give me permission to use this art :)/SPOILER]
One of my wording references was Xerneas-BREAK, other than that everything came naturally.

I hope everyone likes it! Good luck to all :)

I'll try image-based. Not sure if I'll have time, though. If I don't, I'll post again when I know for sure. For now, count me in!

EDIT: I've found the art that I want to use, but I have no clue who the artist is. I've done a google search for it, but found nothing. Is it still allowable to use the art?

Last edited:
Here is my entry! I promise I started making this before NinJamezor posted.

Zygarde GX-Fighting-HP260

Ability: Power Construct
Once during you turn (before you attack), you may move a basic energy attached to one of your Pokémon to this Pokémon.

[F][F] Thousand Arrows 90
This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Resistance.

([F][F][F][F] Core Enforcer-GX 210
Until the end of your opponent's next turn, each Pokémon in play, in each player's hand, and in each player's discard pile has no Abilities. (This includes cards that come into play on that turn.) (You can only use one GX attack per game))

When your Pokémon GX is knocked out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance: [L] -20
Retreat: [C][C][C][C]

Hex Maniac (AOR)
Snorlax GX (SMPR)
Bisharp (STS)
Energy Switch (BW)

Here's my entry! Not entirely sure how "cool and original" it is, but hey.

Tapu Fini GX - Water - HP170
Basic

Ability: Mist Typhoon
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard as many cards from your hand as you'd like. Then, your opponent discards the same amount of cards from their hand.

[W][W] Misty Surge 40+
Until the end of your opponent's next turn, prevent all effects of attacks, excluding damage, done to each player and their Pokemon. If the Defending Pokémon has Tapu in its name, this attack does 30 more damage (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[W][W][C] Celestial Storm GX 130 This attack does 50 damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon with Energy attached to it. Then, heal 50 damage from each of your Pokemon with Energy attached to it. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Lightning (x2) Resistance: Retreat: [C][C]

Gumshoos GX (SM1)
Sawk (PLB)

I had no ideas going into this and was just told to sign up and I'll think of something. Oddly enough, that plan totally worked because I loved how this turned out. The Ability was originally going to be named "Torrential Tribute" and allowed you to knock out a benched Pokemon and have your opponent discard 5 cards from their hand, but I got some opinions and tweaked it a bit. I like the idea of dealing more damage to a Tapu. It's always more fun making cards with an ability or more than two attacks because you get to be really creative and not just have "[C] Tackle 10" and "[C][C] Body Slam 20" and that's what made me want to design a GX, because you have to put a lot of thought into making an attack worth the one-game limit of GX attacks. I'm looking forward to how it stacks up against the competition.

The following project took about three days to design, and was designed by VioletValkyrie with some small help from various friends.

EDIT: I've found the art that I want to use, but I have no clue who the artist is. I've done a google search for it, but found nothing. Is it still allowable to use the art?

@bbninjas or anyone else that would know.

I've finished the card with the exception of the illustrator line. Not posting it yet though.

@bbninjas or anyone else that would know.

I've finished the card with the exception of the illustrator line. Not posting it yet though.
Google search the Pokémon. If you find your image, click on the image, then click on the title of the image to your right. That should take you to the page with the image on it.

note: this is chrome. I have no idea of any other browser.
Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 10.51.11 PM.png
So here, I'd click the white link that says "Pichu and Calumon by pichu90 on Devi..." and that'd take me to the page.

I have the image, it's that I can't find the artist. I'll try again and see if I can find it. Well... I found the deviantArt page. Problem is, the last post on it was in 2010 XD. Not even sure if the artist is active anymore. I'll post and see.

I don't know why I couldn't find the artist the first time I tried a google search, lol. It was pretty easy this time.

Back