PokéBeach Create-A-Card February 2013! Grats to Delta Nite, DXM147, and Zarco!

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card February 2013!

X5UoYBe.png

I'm all for making good cards out of bad Pokemon, so we've got Fearow. Fearow has been largely neglected in the TCG; the only one that has ever been anything close to playable was way back in Delta Species. It doesn't even have a 5th gen card yet, and we're nine sets in (and there's no Fearow in Shiny Collection, Spiral Force, or Thunder Knuckle either).

Anyway I made this guy to combat all the Pokemon-EX running around. Problem, Keldeo?

He is also stellar in the late game. He doesn't have a lot of life but he has tremendous firepower behind him.

Updated the OP.

I won't be updating the OP for the rest of this weekend, as I'll be judging at a Plasma Storm prerelease. But there's still a while until the deadline, so I look forward to seeing what you all can do!

Ditto EX (Team Plasma's Pokèmon) Basic Pokèmon HP-110 {C}

Ability: Camouflage
If this Pokèmon has a Plasma energy attached to it, all basic energy in play now provides every type of energy but only provide one type of energy at a time.

Ability: Replicate
This Pokèmon can use the attacks of any Pokèmon in play (If it has the required energy cost)

Pokèmon EX rule: when this Pokèmon is knocked out, your opponent takes two prize cards.

Weakness: None
Resistance: None
Retreat Cost: {C}{C}

My entry!!!

vdldnl.jpg

I know it should really be an Electric-type card, but there can be variation! I wanted to make it a Tornadus Therian card, but I changed my mind.
The image used is from PokéDex 3D Pro. Ahh!!! What is the Weakness and Resistance, then??? So many thoughts on that!

Thats pretty. Where do you guys find the EX blanks? I can't seem to find any for BW.

regigigas_ex_by_blui129-d5tk0xw.png

Well there goes 12+ hours of my life.

@camoclone, if there's the fake card resources and help thread and several dA groups run by Aschefield101 with them.

Arcticwhite said:
My entry!!!

1dzxjt.jpg

I know it should really be an Electric-type card, but there can be variation! I wanted to make it a Tornadus Therian card, but I changed my mind.
The image used is from PokéDex 3D Pro.

It should be resistance to Fighting because it's a Flying type, and should be weak to Lightning.

Updated the OP!

Entries are almost at capacity for both categories! I might consider letting the categories go over 10 slots, but all of you do be sure to be punctual with your entries if that's the case!

Gligar --- Colorless --- 80 HP

Ability: Siege
None of this Pokemon's attack's damage is affected by any effect on the Defending Pokemon.

{C} Air Slash 20
Discard a Pokemon Tool attached to the Defending Pokemon.

{C}{C}{C} Poison Fang 50
The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned. Put 2 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokemon between turns.

Weakness {W}
Resistance {F}
Retraet Cost {C}{C}

I decided to make it of Gligar. Poison Fang is {C}{C}{C} because it would be too OP with Virbank, Eviolite and DCE.

Hegafire0 said:
It should be resistance to Fighting because it's a Flying type, and should be weak to Lightning.
Scarily Thundurus and its Therian Forme have weakness to fighting and no resistance. It doesn't feel right to me either, but thats how Nintendo roll :)

Can't wait to see everyone elses submissions!

aschefield101 said:
Hegafire0 said:
Scarily Thundurus and its Therian Forme have weakness to fighting and no resistance. It doesn't feel right to me either, but thats how Nintendo roll :)

Can't wait to see everyone elses submissions!
Obviously Thundurus needs to be weak to Fighting (remember that it also represents Rock and Ground) and there is no way it can be weak to Lighting... (umm... it is just electric... and Thundurus is also part Electric)

Looks like that's all the spots filled up! I might take up to twelve slots per category with this contest, but I don't want to make it too hard on judging the entries. For those of you who are in, don't forget, you have until the 24th to finish your entries! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Teal said:
Obviously Thundurus needs to be weak to Fighting (remember that it also represents Rock and Ground) and there is no way it can be weak to Lighting... (umm... it is just electric... and Thundurus is also part Electric)

Zapdos and Thundurus are both Electric/Flying. Zapdos in the TCG now is weak to Electric and resistant to Fighting. Thundurus is weak to Fighting and resists nothing.

Screw logic!! That move is INVALID!!

cf6c1a41-b838-4e20-8220-bf14d4969206.gif

DNA said:
Screw logic!! That move is INVALID!!

cf6c1a41-b838-4e20-8220-bf14d4969206.gif
[/color]

I had to lol @ that one DNA! In regards to the comps, they be doing well of late, sudden surge in fakers is always a good thing in my book :)

Yeah, if anyone wants to join in on text-based, there's a beautiful new opening. I'm dropping out due to other commitments.

MountainDrew said:
Hey if there still room may I join the Text based? If so here's my card
Tyranitar Stage 2 {Dark} 160 HP
Evolves from Pupitar

Ability- Tear Up- As long as Tyranitar is your active pokemon your opponent can't draw a card to begin their turn.

{D},{D},{C},{C} Dark Pulse 130
Discard 2 energy attached to this pokemon. This attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's benched pokemon for each energy attached to the defending pokemon.

Weakness Fighting x2
Resistence Psychic-20
Retreat {C},{C},{C},{C}

You do know that it has to be a colorless type, right?

Hey MountainDrew, good card, but make it a Crystal's or Holon's Tyranitar and make it a Colorless type so it still might work. :3 and that ability seems OP to me...

Entry:
Lugia - Colorless - HP130
Basic (Team Plasma)

Ability: Plasma Storm
If this Pokemon is your active Pokemon and has a Plasma Energy attached to it, you may use this ability. Shuffle your hand into your deck. Draw a number of cards equal to the amount of Benched Team Plasma Pokemon.

[C][C] Outrage: 20 Damage. Does 20 damage plus 10 damage times the number of damage counters on this Pokemon.
[C][C][C] Plasma Shield: 80 Damage. Flip a coin. If heads, during your opponents next turn, your Benched Pokemon can't be damaged by attacks.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1

Hegafire0 said:
MountainDrew said:
Hey if there still room may I join the Text based? If so here's my card
Tyranitar Stage 2 {Dark} 160 HP
Evolves from Pupitar

Ability- Tear Up- As long as Tyranitar is your active pokemon your opponent can't draw a card to begin their turn.

{D},{D},{C},{C} Dark Pulse 130
Discard 2 energy attached to this pokemon. This attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's benched pokemon for each energy attached to the defending pokemon.

Weakness Fighting x2
Resistence Psychic-20
Retreat {C},{C},{C},{C}

You do know that it has to be a colorless type, right?

Shoot thanks for letting me know ill make a new one.

Hydro Cannon said:
Hey MountainDrew, good card, but make it a Crystal's or Holon's Tyranitar and make it a Colorless type so it still might work. :3 and that ability seems OP to me...

Ok thanks!

Back