Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: August 2017 - Light & Heavy - Text-Based Results Up!

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Here's my entry this month!

Minior HP: 80 - Colorless
Basic Pokémon
minior-core.png

NO. 774 Meteor Pokémon HT: 1'00" WT: 0.7 lbs

Ability: Star Bits
This Pokémon's attacks do 20 more damage for every Minior in play (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

[C][C] Light as Air 20+
This attack does 20 more damage for every Pokémon in play that weighs less than 60 lbs.

Weakness: [L] x 2
Resistance: [F] - 20
Retreat: [C]

Pokédex: Originally making its home in the ozone layer, it hurtles to the ground when the shell enclosing its body grows too heavy.

Good luck to the rest of you guys! :D

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Late, bur here I am! xD

Finally my previous Uni semester is done and this coming one will start later in the month, so I'll have plenty of time to join you for the contest! Can't wait to see all the entries this month, the theme sure has a lot of potential. ;)

Nyora

A Cat
Here's my entry this month!

Minior HP: 80 - Colorless
Basic Pokémon
minior-core.png

NO. 774 Meteor Pokémon HT: 1'00" WT: 0.7 lbs

Ability: Star Bits
This Pokémon's attacks do 20 more damage for every Minior in play (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

[C][C] Light as Air 20+
This attack does 20 more damage for every Pokémon in play that weighs less than 60 lbs.

Weakness: [L] x 2
Resistance: [F] - 20
Retreat: [C]

Pokédex: Originally making its home in the ozone layer, it hurtles to the ground when the shell enclosing its body grows too heavy.

Good luck to the rest of you guys! :D
Diggin' that mario galaxy reference :)

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
This is my Lamp entry for this month!
It might be a bit too early to create my fake for this month, but eh. The more lamps the better.

Lampent / Stage1 / HP: 80 / Fire
~ Evolves from Litwick

lampent.png

[ NO. 608 | Lamp Pokémon | HT: 2'o" | WT: 28.7 lbs. ]

[Ability] Heavy Flames
The Retreat Cost of each Burned Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's) is [C][C] more.

[R] Cursed Flares [20]
If your opponent's Active Pokémon has no Retreat Cost, you may leave that Pokémon Burned.

Weakness: [W] x2

Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C]

[Dex Entry: This is a very special Lamp. Which is why many evil creatures like Vracken have tried to steal this lamp several times.]
PB CaC Promo

Good luck to the other Lamps entrants! I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!~

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Uh, what happened to my fake? Some things suddenly aren't where they are supposed to be. D:

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Sure, sign me up for Text based. I can find time for this.

And SICK CaC symbol by the way. Mad props for the person who made it!

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Uh, what happened to my fake? Some things suddenly aren't where they are supposed to be. D:
There's something wrong with PB formatting right now. Happened to every fake of mine that has an ability on it. It's annoying, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
EDIT-Dropping out. Entry was way too overdesigned and it's beyond salvageable.

Last edited:

professorlight

Ice Queen
Well, I wasn't going to enter, but it turns out I did come up with something after all, so I'll join in image.

vxut5SSgF1MLGLEYlqQ_AsP9aNdsIONwsrFHsE1B3hz66N3GegArrsg3Sd6JtJn8NgMr2fKQW8she9LvnL3gCdOEcvFm70Np1AUte1hFRJBuALpZ1lp-GHl4pEl6P9h5dKQNTnX-aaEm0p1fdBK95jF-dUEYlqRWgeJzqfT4sSOPBGkV75gyFJtqbuVJdMafN8P8DrUGMXw1_QuYbJcfXTn3ZRAd4dc4b4DYNI0oZ7BB3C4xmso_FwWlJQe9flrHEYx9Uv1__Vs83_elodgmxyTB7WH1b-ptkabEHLJKKIQiWBj-tO1atSguZ7Uvqf0H7r0lmCJlY54m7zARdcz8rVaazbtCTu4s10zSpuPxClWMVwefZyJmyWwM22GDSt30hHxTmhwO-BC1KSQ9tfhkYyEM9YKruHz-Pw-N0UrWP_ekioSQLO0-lvA6g54b-05zc3A1Cvqc-LnA5S_gu4CxEO8RmDCtrReuiqDufM_se3JUaAelf962j74aJhtwNL3Fcq4Hxr6iI8T6gdDQAu51wCPT_mEbw9cywP4RmyKTg28_U7Xr3irJgRd3NdeUzIjk0GMlcXKR4OfjHHnt54p6vjbG2ZA9_EGvB0rln4TDukSX8H6vmdjQAepJejdJIjbL2gMyrXzDpjKQ96yGXcw8sZRKMT4Hr3p_7nGeBW7vbuf04g=w661-h931-no

I wanted to do something about weight, but when I found the pokemon, I had... other ideas. Funner ideas.

The ability, admittedly, could use some more work, or at least a clause that it doesn't work if Kartana is knocked out, but it's probably not so bad; the idea being that since the only reliable way you have to do damage is by keeping it in play, you have opportunities to remove it temporarily from play, but preventing it from being out for good, which plays nicely with the slow damage of the paper cuts; if you're going to the deck, then back, then again to the deck and so on, the knocking out of pokemon is slow and drawn out, but inevitable. Plus, since there's a limit to how many you can have on your deck, it makes sense to try to keep this one alive, if not in the field, as much as possible. I'm sure there's a way to give nuance to the ability, the only question is if it can work with the space limitations.

Coup de grâce is just what it says on the tin; once you weaken something enough, then you sweep it out; that's why I left the damage low; I wanted everything to work around the same strategy; gimmicky, yes, maybe not too competitive (and if it is, it is by being overpowered), but, it has a charm that is sorely lacking in more straightforward pokemon.

And the star of the show, the Nick counter; I know, I already did counters with primarina, but I liked the concept of the death of a thousand paper cuts, so I tried to put it in the game the best way I could; poison damage was an obvious starting point, and what does poison damage use? counters. Beyond that, the attack is fairly basic; a kind of poison-like special condition that never leaves and only does damage as long as Kartana is in play (to get synergy with Fold, which was my first idea for it).
Putting four counters seemed too much, but considering I only get one Kartana per deck (plus the waiting to draw it back if I use Fold), I think it could be fine. Maybe 3, but 2 would be too little; like with my Primarina, scaling power for attacks that damage based on counters is very tricky.

I'm thinking now that maybe I would do well in reducing TPC's cost (and amount of counters), since I'm leaving Kartana without a way to actually damage pokemon with such an onerous cost (considering Coup de grâce doesn't do anything most of the time). But then again, it's very likely it'll never see the discard pile anyway, at times you only need it in play, not attacking, and discarding energies is an acceptable sacrifice in exchange for keeping it alive, since it reduces its ability to draw power from the deck without sapping it from other pokemon who might use it to actually do damage. Maybe the high cost (and high energy loss if you Fold) is a good way to balance it a bit more and prevent it from just flooding everything with counters and Coup de grâce-ing everything as it comes weakened.

My only regret is that I don't take advantage of the UB rule, but, with my Pheromosas I didn't either, so I don't mind that much; a unique concept always goes before trying to shoehorn use of a generic power.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
And my entry into my first every CAC, hopefully its good :p

Heatran-GX HP180
20px-Fire-attack.png

Basic Pokémon
485.png

Ability: Tough Metal
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by each of your opponent’s Pokémon that has no Retreat Cost.

20px-Fire-attack.png
20px-Fire-attack.png
20px-Colorless-attack.png
Volcanic Vortex 60
Your opponent’s Active Pokémon is now Burned. That Pokémon has no Retreat Cost until the end of your opponent’s next turn.

20px-Fire-attack.png
20px-Fire-attack.png
Heavy Bombardment GX 50x
Discard the top 5 cards of your opponent’s deck. This attack does 50 damage for each
in each of the discarded Pokémon's Retreat Cost. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Pokémon-GX rule: When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness:
20px-Water-attack.png
x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost:
Float Stone
Espurr Burning Shadows
Wobbuffet Burning Shadows