PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Aug. 2014 - Delta Species (Congrats to the winners!)

RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Aug. 2014 - Delta Species

aschefield101 said:
Although I'd done everything except the art, I'm gonna have to pull out sadly.

Far too much to do (some of which I didn't realise until earlier this morning) and not enough time to do it :(

I think Scorched will still want to be in though, with text.
While it would've been great to see you take part, asche, I really do appreciate you pulling out now rather than two weeks from now. Hopefully you'll be a bit more free next month!

I hope so too, although the 2nd week of September will be chock. Will have to see nearer the time.

I regret that I must withdraw for the time being.

Image based please! Gonna submit my entry much earlier this month hopefully

I'm not sure this card went exactly the way I planned it to, but I'm still pretty happy with the result:

VileplumeEntrycopy_zps23d7486f.png

One day I'll figure out what color the BW/XY borders are supposed to be

I decided that my gimmick for this month would be an alternate-universe concept...with the bold new identification and anti-counterfeiting measures Wizards of the Coast recently implemented for Magic, how would they place those systems on Pokémon, a game with famously yellow borders? That was the question I wanted to ask myself this month. Despite the alternate-universe concept, text is still intended to be XY-era.

Very nice. The Retreat Cost overlapping is awkward to look at, and the huge black area on the bottom is off-putting. Otherwise, it (the blank) looks great!

Amperglyph said:
I'm not sure this card went exactly the way I planned it to, but I'm still pretty happy with the result:

One day I'll figure out what color the BW/XY borders are supposed to be

I decided that my gimmick for this month would be an alternate-universe concept...with the bold new identification and anti-counterfeiting measures Wizards of the Coast recently implemented for Magic, how would they place those systems on Pokémon, a game with famously yellow borders? That was the question I wanted to ask myself this month. Despite the alternate-universe concept, text is still intended to be XY-era.
Wait, why did Luispipe8 favorite this twice? Maybe my computer is acting up... otherwise, great job!

Please don't quote large images. Thanks! ~IA

GadgetJax said:
Wait, why did Luispipe8 favorite this twice? Maybe my computer is acting up... otherwise, great job!
It's not just you, I'm seeing it too...I guess it's just really likeable?

Anyway, thanks, everyone...I'm glad that this month we're free to like as much and as often as we like. I'm sure this'll be an inventive month with plenty to like all around!

Amperglyph said:
GadgetJax said:
It's not just you, I'm seeing it too...I guess it's just really likeable?

Anyway, thanks, everyone...I'm glad that this month we're free to like as much and as often as we like. I'm sure this'll be an inventive month with plenty to like all around!

Wow, I saw that happening to Feathers before, but now I see what was that about: When you don't let the Forums register the like, apparently it glitches and registers it as double. xD

Amperglyph said:

It was a pain to keep track of votes by PM and likes whenever checking through each section since many of you guys (those that didn't vote by PM) had liked various posts within that category and I had to only take the ones you had voted for first within the category and not include your vote when counting others within that same category. When mixing this process with those that did PM and like made it even more confusing. Just an overall painful process. =P

Let's hope this Google poll/survey doc thing works out.

Here is my entry for the XY-Era. Figured I'd post it before I left for D.C.

BASIC || Tyrantrum EX || HP180 || [Y] || δ Delta Species

697.gif

[Y][C] Delta Surge
Put 2 damage counters on each of your opponent's δ Delta Species Pokémon.

[Y][Y][Y] Robust Clobber 150-
Discard the top 3 cards of your deck. This attack does 150 damage minus 50 damage for each Trainer card discarded in this way.

Weakness: [M] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]
Pokémon-EX rule
When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.​

So this is it, Delta Species in the XY-Era. "Delta Species" is not in the name, instead appears right below the HP like on Team Plasma cards. In fact "Delta Species" would add a butt ton of clutter in the name box so I didn't think it should be there. One more note, these Delta Species Pokémon that also happen to be EX can only have 1 type to go along with the ex's of that era and an extra Delta rule box just couldn't fit on EX cards, including Mega.

Clawitzer δ DELTA SPECIES // HP100 [N]
STAGE 1 Evolves from Clauncher
clawitza.png

NO. 693 Howitzer Pokémon HT: 4’03’’ WT: 77.8 lbs.

[C] Ammunition Swap
You may discard an Energy card attached to this Pokémon. If you do, search your discard pile for an energy card (excluding the one you discarded) and attach it to this Pokémon.

[C][C][C] Ammunition Burst 60
You may discard a basic Energy card attached to this Pokémon. If you do, this attack’s damage is dealt using the type on that Energy instead of this Pokémon’s type.

weakness resistance
[G] x2
retreat [C][C]

Their enormous claws launch cannonballs of water powerful enough to pierce tanker hulls.

XY-era.

I based the card on how Clawitzer can learn a bunch of different types of moves that are compatible with Mega Launcher. I made it a Dragon type mostly because there is no Dragon Energy, and since the cannon looks similar to a dragon's head it worked that way too. The Ammunition Swap attack is based off of the Rotating Claws attack that might be on a lot of cards but for some reason I can only remember Charizard *. Ammunition Burst should be fairly balanced, since it requires a Silver Bangle to OHKO most EXs and discards a basic Energy to hit for that type, as well as taking 3 Energy. At best Clawitzer is attacking on turn 2 with a DCE and a colored Energy attached, and if it hopes to OHKO an EX it'll need a Bangle. Not only that, it requires an attachment every turn unless you want to hit for Dragon type damage.

The art didn't turn out quite as well as planned, but it looks a lot better on paper, and also when it isn't shrunk down all the way. Oh well, I tried. :p

9Tailz said:
The art didn't turn out quite as well as planned, but it looks a lot better on paper, and also when it isn't shrunk down all the way. Oh well, I tried. :p
I think you did an amazing job on the art. Obviously, entering text-based there's no requirement to do any sort of special art, so the fact that you went to that extra mile is remarkable in its own right.

I found the art to be rather fitting within the card (probably because the general pose just seems to match what you would normally see on an official TCG card). Definitely something you should consider doing more often, in my opinion! :)

I can't be the only one who is disappointed that, despite a lot of rather good artwork, there's only been one fake card in the entire thread.

Image-based entrants usually come later in the month. The deadline is still a while away!

I've finished my card, but I'm messing around with some animations for it. If all else fails, I have a 'traditional' image-based entry ready to go, but I'd like to see if I can make an animated entry this month. Hence, no submission just yet.

I finished mine as well, but unlike bigfootaus, I just want to be fashionably late.
And I never know when I might have forgotten something.

professorlight said:
I finished mine as well, but unlike bigfootaus, I just want to be fashionably late.
Yeah, I've been extremely curious to see what you've come up with. Maybe just a hint? Like, maybe which type it delta'd from and to? I can't change mine now, so you can rest assured this is genuine curiosity!

EDIT: I've just realized I always mentally read your posts in a Rarity voice. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Amperglyph said:
professorlight said:
Yeah, I've been extremely curious to see what you've come up with. Maybe just a hint? Like, maybe which type it delta'd from and to? I can't change mine now, so you can rest assured this is genuine curiosity!

EDIT: I've just realized I always mentally read your posts in a Rarity voice. Not sure if that's good or bad.

That's not good. It's marvelous. It's pretty much how I'd like to sound anyway.

My entry is very much like yours, actually; we had sort of the exact same idea. It's not vileplume, but... it's close enough you can guess and have a good chance of being right. (It's not bellossom either)

Nintenfreak said:
I can't be the only one who is disappointed that, despite a lot of rather good artwork, there's only been one fake card in the entire thread.
Like bigfootaus said, they usually come later in the month...and I'm betting they'll come even later this month due to the theme. There's a myriad of fake card threads on the 'Beach to tide you over until they're submitted, and there's also still some open spots for you to submit an entry if you want to up the count!

Back