Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: April [Fool's] 2017 - Colours - Sign-Ups Closed!

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
XfTHbq4.png

Welcome to the April round of Create-A-Card!

The theme for this month is Colours! Since all Pokémon have a colour, you get to pick any Pokémon you like. The only requirement is that is has to have a colour! Remember, all Pokémon have a colour. Don't worry if the Pokémon you want to make a card of doesn't have a colour––it's probably just colourless. But that's still a colour, so you can use it anyway!

As an artist, you are required to use everyone's most favouritest era––BWXY––when creating your card.

This contest has three sections, text-based, image-based, and awesome-based fakes. For text-based fakes, all you have to do is create a card in text form and post it in here! For the image-based fake, you’ll need the help of some software to let your creations come to life. For the awesome-based fakes, you have to do something really special. Take a look at a card like this for inspiration. But one thing remains important between all of them: your cards must be completely original COLOURFUL!

Registration

• To sign up you must reply to the thread below. Except you can't, because bb took them all. Make sure to include whether you’re in for text, image, or awesome-based fakes!
    --
  • You may register with a partner and work together on the same card. This way each member can use their different talents and combine their skills, especially if one of you is an artist and the other is a TCG player. (Feel free to post in the thread that you’re looking for a partner if you want one.)
    --
  • We have a total of 15 spaces available for text-based entries and 15 for image-based and 1 for awesome-based. If you’ve never done an image-based card before, now is a great time to learn! PokéBeach has many card blanks and guides available for use. If you've never done an awesome-based card before, too bad. >:U

Judging

--------
Text-Based
--------
  1. Colourfulness
    The theme is colours, so we wanna see some colours! Each character of your submission must be a different color than the one before it.
    Total: π points
    ---
  2. Blurting
    Proper wording is key in designing any fake card, but that's no fun at all! Try to ignore your inner urges to achieve correct wording on everything, and just wing it! Naturally, grammer and speling is all so taking onto kunsidurashun.

Text-based fakers may not format their entries any way they choose. This is a very simple and easy-to-understand formatting guideline you must follow:

p0kém0n – 7yp3 – hp50
    57493 1 – 3v01v35 fr0m p0kém0n

48!1!7y: n4m3
    48!1!7y 3ff3(7

[r][(] 4774(k 20
    4774(k 3ff3(7

w34kn355: f!r3 (x2)
    r35!574n(3: p5y(h!( (-20)
    r37r347: [(] [(] [(]
    p0kéd3x !nf0rm47!0n​

Total: ƒ(n) = ƒ(n-1) + ƒ(n-2) points
    ---
  3. Fabulosity
    Text-based fakes rely heavily on their fabulosity. This is a word I just made up meaning "measure and quality of the trait that can be described adjectively as fabulous." I may or may not have made up "adjectively" as well. Fabulosity is measured on a scale known only to the judges, and is absolutely, totally, and in all other ways not privy to their every whim. Probably.
    Total: √2 points
Max Points: ≥9,000

--------
Image-Based
--------
  1. Colourfulness
    The card should be eye-wrenchingly colourful. If we can stand to look at it for more than a fraction of a second, you're doing it wrong.
    Total: ∆y/∆x points
    ---
  2. Blurting
    Proper wording is key in designing any fake card, but that's no fun at all! Try to ignore your inner urges to achieve correct wording on everything, and just wing it! Naturally, grammer and speling is all so taking onto kunsidurashun.
    Total: ±1 points
    ---
  3. Wingdings
    Correct fonts are imperative when creating realistic fakes, and there is no correct-er font than Wingdings. Have fun.
    Total: ◊‹›‹ points
    ---
  4. Fabulosity
    Image-based fakes also rely heavily on their fabulosity. This is a word I just made up meaning "measure and quality of the trait that can be described adjectively as fabulous." I may or may not have made up "adjectively" as well. Fabulosity is measured on a scale known only to the judges, and is absolutely, totally, and in all other ways not privy to their every whim. Probably.
    Total: √-1 points
    ---
  5. Celeverness
    Celeverness is all about how celever your card looks. Of course, Celever is not a judge (and absolutely had nothing to do with this), but that doesn't mean your card can't involve some measure of celeverness! If you can't think of anything, don't worry. I'm sure something celever will come to you.
    Total: ??? points
Max Points: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,001

--------
Awesome-Based
--------
  1. ...?
    Science has not yet found a way to judge cards this awesome.
    Total: ∞ points

So that’s the point breakdown for this month’s Create-A-Card. @DNA will be judging the text-based portion of the contest and @Chaos Jackal will be judging the image-based part. There is no judge for the awesome-based part.

General Rules

• Rules? Where we're going, we don't need rules.

Deadline: Yesterday, March 31st 13:00pm EST
Here’s a link for convenience: [link]​

Anticipated Entrants

Image-Based:
  1. @bbninjas
  2. @bbninjas
  3. @bbninjas
  4. @bbninjas
  5. @bbninjas
  6. @bbninjas
  7. @bbninjas
  8. @bbninjas
  9. @bbninjas
  10. @bbninjas
  11. @bbninjas
  12. @bbninjas
  13. @bbninjas
  14. @bbninjas
  15. @bbninjas

Text-Based:
  1. @bbninjas
  2. @bbninjas
  3. @bbninjas
  4. @bbninjas
  5. @bbninjas
  6. @bbninjas
  7. @bbninjas
  8. @bbninjas
  9. @bbninjas
  10. @bbninjas
  11. @bbninjas
  12. @bbninjas
  13. @bbninjas
  14. @bbninjas
  15. @bbninjas
Awesome-Based:
  1. @bbninjas

Bold names means I have seen your entry in this thread.

Want to help advertise the contest? Just paste the code below for the banner in your sig!

Code:
[url=http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/pokébeach-create-a-card-april-2017-colours-sign-ups-closed.139290/][img]http://i.imgur.com/XfTHbq4.png[/img][/url]

Credit goes to @Celever for the banner.

I wanted to sign up for awesome-based, but it looks like it's full! :( Shame too; I thought I'd nail the Celeverness category!

Last edited:
You joking about this? Also, PLEASE can I go for text?

If I can't? Then I'll cringe and weep in a corner for the next 7 hours.

I'm looking forward to getting imaginary points for Fabulosity in image-based! :D

Hai guyz.

One of bbninjas' clones was particularly shy about submitting his entry, so for a low low price, I agreed to upload it for him.

EntryyyyS.PNG

Blessed be whoever decides to translate this.

P1k4chu–3l3ctr1c – hp80
B451C

48!1!7y: L1GHT1N9 R0D
Th1s P0k3m0n t4kes 20 l355 d4ma93 f0r 3v3ry 4 d4m4g3 c0unt3r5 0n 1t.

[L] Thund3rsh0ck- 20
D1sc4rd 4ll 3n3r9y4tt4(h3d t0 th1s P0k3m0n.
w34kn355: L!9ht1n9 (x2)
r35!574n(3: n0n3
r37r347: [(]

4 p!4n w4s r3c3ntly 4nn0unc3d t0 g4th3r m4ny P1k4chu 4nd cr34t3 4n 3l3tr1c p0w3r pl4nt.

N0. 025
HT: 1'04"
WT: 13.2 LB5

Joke entry much?

It's just a joke. And right now I think I'll just go in a corner and cringe.

@TylerRVG- I know what dat card means.

Evolves From Donald Trump-
M Charizard - G- ex- EX- GL -GX -g- BREAK

And that's all I know. (Wing dings loolololololololololol)

No. He was completely serious. April's competition is for our glorious leader @bbninjas only. No one else is worthy enough.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. So can anyone tell me what May's CAC is going to be like?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. So can anyone tell me what May's CAC is going to be like?
It'd be like the Magikarp that wished he had a spot on the April banner instead of Luvdisc - that is, inferior to April. :D

Hai guyz.

One of bbninjas' clones was particularly shy about submitting his entry, so for a low low price, I agreed to upload it for him.

Blessed be whoever decides to translate this.

Actual Text Translation
--------------------------------------------------------

Evolves From Mike Tyson
Pikachu ex δ BREAK - [C]

I'm not gay but $100 is $100

One hitler shall henceforth be a unit of measurement equal to 6.0*106 human deaths.

Standard SI prefixes apply. - 999
Thus Harold Shipman's achie-vements amount to 36 microhitlers.

The true utility of the hitler as an SI unit is it allows useful unit conversions.
--------------------------------------------------------
*Cherrim goes back to doing homework.

Last edited:
Back