Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: April 2017 - PokéDex Colours - Results Are Up!

If you want, I'd do a collaboration with you. I'd love to be in the contest, just don't know how to do the image-faking. It's kinda confusing for me, and I don't really have time o_O
Anyways, let me know! :)

This can work. I'll message you so we're not cluttering the thread here.

I'd like to sign up for image based! My first time entering, yay!

Also, @TheNyanCatXD there's no need to ask multiple times, it clutters the thread. They haven't confirmed any sign ups since your first post, so be patient and they'll get to you!

Last edited:
Also, @TheNyanCatXD there's no need to ask multiple times, it clutters the thread. They haven't confirmed any sign ups since your first post, so be patient and they'll get to you!

I had actually forgotten to add Nyan to the signups list, so it's actually a good thing that he reposted. :p

Oh wait, I said it twice? Sorry! :p. I try to keep my post minimal, and I guess I just forgot I had already entered, whoooops

Hmm.. I have a question about using the right Weakness
Is the weakness based on the Pokémon's new typing or based on the old typing (like the Delta Species cards do)?

We are also wondering this. Is there an official protocol on this kind of thing, or is it our own call to make?

Hmm.. I have a question about using the right Weakness
Is the weakness based on the Pokémon's new typing or based on the old typing (like the Delta Species cards do)?
That's up to you. There's a case to be made for both sides. :)

Here's my entry for this month!
April CAC.png

Araquanid SUM, Luxray FLF, Elgyem BW55, Art by xous54

I have my entry! I don't think this'll be too bad

Kecleon GX - [G] - HP 150

Ability: Adaptability

Whenever you attach a basic energy to this pokemon, in becomes that type in addition to it’s other type(s)

[C][C][C] Feeble Licking: 60 damage; During your next turn, your opponent’s pokemon have a weakness to this pokemon’s type(s) (This cannot result in anything more than a x2 weakness.)

[C][C] Blend-In GX: 60x damage; This attack does 60 damage for each of this Pokemon’s types. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack per game.)

Weakness: None
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Here's my entry!

Milotic-GX – [Y] – HP220
Stage 1 – Evolves from Feebas

Ability: Fairy Veil
While this Pokemon is in play, prevent all damage done through effects or Special Conditions to your Pokemon.

[Y][Y][C] Healing Splash 60
If this Pokemon has any Special Energy attached to it, heal 30 damage from each of your Pokemon.

[Y][Y][C] Healing Wave GX 150
Heal 100 damage from each of your Pokemon.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Dark (-20)
Retreat: [C] [C] [C]
It lives at the bottom of clear lakes. In times of war, it shows itself, which soothes people's minds and hearts.

My idea for this card was to make something that would fit with a theoretical Water/Fairy Mega Milotic. Unfortunately Mega Milotic doesn't exist, so I had to improvise a little. The purpose of Fairy Veil is to make it so Milotic not only isn't hurt by Poison or Burn, but also is protected from the damage done by Rainbow Energy, which I thought fit with the theme, and is also why I didn't make Healing Splash [Y][C][C]. I considered making it and Healing Wave GX [Y][W][C], but I thought that would make the card too reliant on the Rainbow Energy, so I decided against it. Hope you like it!

Are dual types allowed? (If one of the types matches it's color?)

EDIT: Also no dragon types? I feel like brown could fit that but idk

Last edited:
Are dual types allowed? (If one of the types matches it's color?)

EDIT: Also no dragon types? I feel like brown could fit that but idk
Weavile is the example in the OP for good reason; even though it's a Dark/Ice type, it can't be used :)

There's one less colour than there are Pokemon types, so we had to leave one out; Dragon-Type was the most natural choice since Dragon energy doesn't exist, and its iconic colour is either gold or orange, neither of which are colours in the PokéDex.

Weavile is the example in the OP for good reason; even though it's a Dark/Ice type, it can't be used :)

There's one less colour than there are Pokemon types, so we had to leave one out; Dragon-Type was the most natural choice since Dragon energy doesn't exist, and its iconic colour is either gold or orange, neither of which are colours in the PokéDex.

Oh, I meant if you were to for example choose Luxray as your Pokemon, could it be water and electric type card?

Oh, I meant if you were to for example choose Luxray as your Pokemon, could it be water and electric type card?
As shown by this table, the card type of the Pokemon you choose will correlate with their colour in the PokéDex, not their actual type.

No part of the type of the card may correlate with any part of the type of the Pokémon. :p

My entry! :3

[Stage 2] Garchomp HP140 [W]
Evolves from Gabite

garchomp.gif

14e49jm.jpg
Hunting Instincts

When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may switch this Pokémon with your Active Pokémon. If you do, switch 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon with his or her Active Pokémon, also this Pokémon's attacks do 30 more damage during this turn.
[W][W][F] Dragon Tail 120
If the Defending Pokémon isn't Knocked Out by damage from this attack and your opponent has at least 2 Benched Pokémon, you may shuffle 1 of your opponent's Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your opponent's deck. (You can't choose a Pokémon from your opponent's Discard pile.)

Weakness: [Y]x2
Resistance: None
Retreat Cost: [C][C]
The protuberances on its head serve as sensors. It can even detect distant prey.
Dragonite-EX (FFI)
Lysandre (FLF)
Professor Kukui
Tsareena (SM)

Back