Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: April 2017 - PokéDex Colours - Results Are Up!

Here's my entry.

I hope I haven't messed up big style like I have my past fakes.

cac_s_kadabra_by_kangaflora-db4eupt.png
This is a real nice card, which is why it pains me to be the bearer of bad news; Kadabra is considered to be brown by the list we're supposed to be going by! Should've checked man!

It'll be fine. And besides, it's not the winning and losing that counts. It's the taking part that counts.

Illumise HP: 70 [P]
Basic
314.png

No: 314 Firefly Pokémon HT: 2'00" WT: 39.0 lbs
Poké-POWER: Scent Guidance
Once During your Turn, when you put Illumise from your hand onto your Bench, you may search your deck for Volbeat and put it onto your bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[P] Light Show 20+
Does 10 more damage for each Volbeat on your Bench.

Weakness: [R] +20
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

DP era fake. Good luck to everyone.

@Lunarwork, for the second month in a row, quit making small, meaningless and worthless posts. It clutters the thread and is incredibly annoying; I watch the thread to check for every post, and being greeted with a single emoji or two word post is a waste of mine, the other moderators', and many of the participants' time.

It'll be fine. And besides, it's not the winning and losing that counts. It's the taking part that counts.
Oh I know, I'm just worried about your entry being disqualified for not properly following the theme, it's happened before (last entry judged). Not that I think it'll be taken to that extreme, it just may not be worth the risk :(.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Snorlax – δ Delta Species – HP130 – Darkness
Basic Pokémon
Spr_4d_143.png

NO. 143 Sleeping Pokémon HT: 6'11" WT: 1014.1 lbs.

Ability: Ardent Eater

If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, whenever your opponent draws 1 or more cards, draw a card.

[D][D][C][C] Large and In Charge 30+
This attack does 10 more damage for each card in your hand.

Weakness - Fighting (x2)
Resistance - N/A
Retreat Cost - [C][C][C][C]
Will eat anything, even if the food happens to be a little moldy. It never gets an upset stomach.

I decided I wanted to use a Dark Type for this entry and felt Snorlax would be make a natural transition to a Dark Type because of its ties with gluttony. Snorlax's ability Ardent Eater represents its gluttony as each time the opponent "eats" their cards, Snorlax can't help himself from eating more as well. Game play wise I felt this would have a Dark type feel because it lessens your opponent's card advantage though in a roundabout way. The second attack Large and In Charge was inspired name-wise by the kinds of attack names you'd often find on Dark versions of cards in the first two generations of the TCG. Snorlax feeds itself more and more becoming larger and larger and with its newfound nature with its Dark Typing it won't take any slack from anyone. This card was designed XY-era.

BTW, the chance you will be disqualified for using the wrong type is 100%; It's not a difficult theme to stick to.

Also, awesome card @SneaselGenesis; I love how you chose Snorlax --> Dark-Type because of gluttony being a sin; it's a really smart use of the theme!

I have just sent a Disqualification request for this CaC as my Kadabra turned out to be the wrong type. Good luck to all those taking part, and I'm glad to have taken part, even if I do get disqualified.

Here is my entry.

Comfey δ (Delta Species) HP: 90 [G]
Basic Pokemon

comfey.gif

Ability: Flower Present
Once during your turn, you may heal 20 damage from one of your [G]-type Pokemon

[G] Posy Pickin' 20
Attach 1 Basic Energy from your Discard Pile onto one of your Pokemon in any way you like

[G][G][C] Lei it on the Line 50
If the opposing Pokemon is an EX or GX card; you can have this attack power be doubled. If so, Comfey does 30 damage to itself

Weakness- [R] x2
Resistance-
Retreat Cost- [C]
"Baths prepared with the flowers from its vine have a relaxing effect, so this Pokémon is a hit with many people."

Lurantis GX (15/149) [Posy Pickin']
Ribombee SuMo (93/149) [Flower Present]

Since Comfey is classified as green colored in the Pokedex, it's a Grass-type. Comfey's Ability is a slightly different flavor of Ribombee's (93/149 Sun/Moon) Ability with a precise slant towards healing Grass-types. It's first attack is a slightly nerfed Flower Supply of Lurantis GX (15/149 Sun/Moon) [only doing half damage, and having half the secondary effect

Also, can't have a Pokemon TCG card without the classic "goofy" attack name! Lei it on the Line is a bit of a Double-Edged sword. You can do double the damage to an EX/GX card, but Comfey will do some damage to itself. Because it well; "Lei'ed it [all] on the Line" for you! :p

Good luck to all!

Back