Finished PokéBeach Big Brother: House of Horrors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm agreeing with quaking here. If there's one thing any competitive activity has taught me it's that power creep is a major problem that would out balance the entire game. We need to find out who was given the weapons if it was a player that killed TE. However, based on the flavour, it's not a stretch to say that it was the hostess either as Lord stated. This curve ball is slightly more brain rattling than mafia in that way but I'm still leaning towards it being the hostess who killed.

Week Four - Grand Reaper Recap

Judging for this one may not be straight-forward, so I'd like to go more into my process for this one in order to make sure everyone fully understands the scoring and no one believes it's improper. This will be a long post.

Proposed Arguments:
The Hostess was the murderer. - Blakers
> Clearly [TE and NP] stuck around long enough and the Hostess decided to kill one of them - Lorde
> There was something bloody on her face, not from a murder, but from a confrontation - NinjaPenguin (Counter-argument)
> Unfortunately I find this hard to believe - Quakingpunch73 (Counter-argument)
> The hostess doesn't abide by the laws of nature - Little Cherrim (Press)
> She has all the keys to this place and could've moved the body - Fiery_Lugia
> The Hostess definitely did this, I cannot think of anyone else who fits that bill - Lorde
> I think the hostess killed TE. - TeamAqua4Life
> So it seems we've decided that the hostess was the murderer, correct? - Fiery_Lugia
> If the Hostess was the murderer, why did she go out of the way to use the glaive? - Quakingpunch73 (Press)
> I'm not sure what the motive is besides bloodlust - Nyan (Press)
> Hermes killed TE. - Blakers (Major counter-argument)

The body was moved. - Fiery_Lugia
> The murder took place in the ceremony room, It depends on when people were in there. - Blakers (Counter-argument)
> I'm gonna agree with this above everything - Lorde (Backs counter-argument)

The Hostess killed him using the Axe of Despair. - Blakers
> If TE was killed with the Axe of Despair, why was it found in his foot - Quakingpunch73 (Counter-argument)
> The glaive killed him - Blakers, implied (Rebuttal)
> If the Hostess was the murderer, why did she go out of the way to use the glaive? - Quakingpunch73 (Counter-argument)
> She could've used another to toy with us, Lorde made that point - Blakers (Rebuttal, backs up previously made statement)

The weapons mentioned last week are involved. - Fiery_Lugia
> I agree with this - Lorde
> Remember it was announced we were given weapons, someone here killed TE - TheR3DX

It clearly wasn't me. - NinjaPenguin
> I have to concede that it's unlikely that NP was involved - Quakingpunch73

A soul of one of the dead could have killed TE. - NinjaPenguin
> You could assume anyone dead wandered out of the house - Lorde (Counter-argument)
> I personally believe that it was Gekki's spirit - Nyan

We can decide that there isn't a murderer among us. - mirdo
> We can't do anything about this. - Lorde (Invalid claim)

The Hostess could kill us quickly without all this. - Little Cherrim
> She wants us to become hostile - Lorde

Hermes killed TE. - Blakers
> Pretty quick to draw a name and narrative. - TheR3DX (Press)
> I disagree with your points. - Quaking (Counter-argument)
> I agree with Quaking. - TeamAqua4Life (Counter-argument, backs up previously made statement)

Argument Assessment

As Blakers, Fiery_Lugia, NinjaPenguin, mirdo, and Little Cherrim are the people making the initial argument claims, their scores will be directly impacted the heaviest.

The Hostess was the murderer. - Blakers
This argument was easily the most heavily agreed upon by the house as a whole. Due to NinjaPenguin's counter-argument not being addressed, and due to a sizable lack of counter-arguments compared to the size of the discussion for this one, it's fairly positive. The house seemed to agree on this for the most part, and no counter-argument was able to outsize or render it invalid.

The body was moved. - Fiery_Lugia
This argument wasn't discussed for very long, and they only discussion it seemed to have was a counter-argument, which was backed by another person.

The Hostess killed him using the Axe of Despair. - Blakers
This was a fun argument because it went back and forth, though only between Blakers and Quaking until Lorde had stated a point for another argument (that being that the Hostess could simply use another weapon to toy with the house) that Blakers had used for his claim, which Quaking didn't counter. However, a consensus was not drawn for this argument, and it was not discussed by the rest of the house.

The weapons mentioned last week are involved. - Fiery_Lugia
This seemed to be a small, but well-backed argument. The house seemed in favour of this argument.

It clearly wasn't me. - NinjaPenguin
Not a very long argument, but one that no one countered.

A soul of one of the dead could have killed TE. - NinjaPenguin
A short back-and-forth argument. However, there doesn't seem to be any evidence supporting it, only personal belief from NP and Nyan, while Lorde based her argument on a logical possibility that was not backed up by evidence.

We can decide that there isn't a murderer among us. - mirdo
This argument was not claimed to be invalid, however at the end of it, the argument was shut down and the rest of the house did not follow up on it.

The Hostess could kill us quickly without all this. - Little Cherrim
This argument seems to be based off personal thought rather than evidence, and wasn't discussed very long.

Hermes killed TE. - Blakers
The foundation for this argument was made very solid. However, no other member of the house had stated any agreement to it, and counter-arguments were given off personal thought. The only significance of this argument is that it can potentially shatter the already existing argument of the Hostess being the murderer, especially when made by the same person, as a major counter-argument.

Final Scoring:
Players of Interest:
Blakers
: The one responsible for the early-game and late-game major arguments. Both were very solid, however the latter was clearly a very solid shot in the foot that failed to gain any traction and convict a houseguest of murder.
Lorde: A major contributor to discussion and the heaviest backer of Blakers' claims. Also earns the award of the best post made during the entire competition, however it was used as a counter-argument rather than bringing up a claim to find a consensus.
Quaking: Strong counter-arguing, however none of them seemed to be built on strong evidence besides the argument of the murder weapon, which was not closed.
Fiery_Lugia: Created notable arguments, however they didn't gain as much traction as those made by Blakers.
NinjaPenguin: Deemed innocent, though not adding onto much arguments besides his innocence claim. The argument of a dead killer didn't reach consensus either.

Placement:
3rd place:
@Fiery_Lugia for creating notable arguments and proposing solid points of consideration.
2nd place: @Lord o da rings for being the major contributor to most discussions, as well as the highlight of the competition.

1st place: @Blakers, for creating the most major argument by a landslide, and while you countered it at the end, the counter-argument didn't go far enough and weren't directly based off evidence in order to have your original proposal overthrown.

Congratulations Blakers! As this week’s Grand Reaper, you may choose two of your fellow houseguests to tag for death. Your deadline is in 24 hours, or until September 16th at 9:00PM PST and remember to publicly post your tags in this thread!​

"Look at you, victims! Getting along! Well... most of you, at least."

The Hostess giggles.

"Looks like I'll be taking this back..." She pulls the Axe of Despair from the victim's foot. "After all, it does belong to me, doesn't it?"

She runs an incorporeal finger along the blade.

"What a perfect work of art... A beautiful bloodstain lining the blade..."

She giggles again.

"I suppose you're curious about how this all went down, huh? Well, you aren't going to win based off how right you are, that's for sure. I could lie about all this and have you at each other's throats... wouldn't that be a beautiful sight?"

You all look at each other. It seems like this discussion is just getting nowhere fast.

"Well, if you want a real answer..." she pauses and looks around at the grouped houseguests. "...I suppose one of you earned it."

You're not sure what this means. Unfortunately, it seems like you really didn't get much insight.

Week Four – Idol of Life Competition

The Hostess claps, and the tagged houseguests become enveloped in a dark smoke. She grins and begins to speak once again.

“Houseguests, you have been tagged for death! In order to escape, you must play with the Grand Reaper and three randomly drawn houseguests to play for the Idol of Life! This Idol will allow you to save one of the tagged houseguests, or you may stab it with a knife to keep the tags the same! This week’s Idol competition contains…

Grand Reaper: @Blakers

Death Tag: @Brave Vesperia
Death Tag: @TheR3DX

Random Draw: @Nyan
Random Draw: @mirdo
Random Draw: @Hermes

This competition, you’ll be risking your lives playing…

Color Switch!
For those of you who are playing on mobile, you can download the app or find a mobile-compatible site and I'll take your score from that.

You have just over 72 hours, or until September 19th, at 9AM PST to reach your highest score in order to win the Idol! You may submit your score at any time before the deadline, and submit as many scores as you’d like, but only your highest score counts.

Remember to include your PokéBeach ID to be visible in your screenshots, either an open tab of your profile or name, to prevent cheating. Submissions can be sent to me through Discord in PMs or Alliance Servers, or PMs on the Beach.
Here is your countdown!

Last edited:
Week Four – Idol of Life Announcement

The deadline has been reached! Let's see how our victims played...

3rd place: @Blakers with 27 points
2nd place: @Hermes with 35 points

1st place:
With a score of 74, the Idol of Life for the fourth week goes to…
@TheR3DX!

The Hostess tosses the Idol to @TheR3DX, and presents them with the important question…
“What are you gonna do with that thing? You gonna stab it? Or save someone from a bloody death?”

Using the Idol of Life, you may pick a houseguest to save from their death tag, or leave the death tags the same! Your options of death tags are:
@Brave Vesperia
@TheR3DX

You have 24 hours, or until September 20th at 9:00AM PST to publicly post your decision in this thread!

Last edited:
Week Four – Idol of Life Result
@TheR3DX eyes the Idol of Life, before making their final decision.
They shine the light of the Idol’s eyes onto @Brave Vesperia and the smoke dissipates around them, breathing a sigh of relief, thankful to see their life continue.

The Hostess speaks up.
“As @Brave Vesperia has been saved using the Idol of Life, the Grand Reaper, @Blakers must tag a new houseguest for death! The death ceremony will continue with these two houseguests!”

@Blakers , you have 24 hours, until September 20th at 3:00PM PST to make your replacement tag publicly in this thread.​

Week Four – Death Ceremony

As @Blakers speaks for their new tag, the dark smoke surrounds @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK and as a red fluid oozes from the eyes of the Idol of Life, the room darkens.
Once the room brightens again, the two tagged houseguests struggle to break out of the wooden chairs they’ve suddenly been tied to.

The Hostess once again speaks up.

“It’s time for the best part! Tonight, you’ll be called from your rooms to participate in this week’s Death Ceremony! Using your knives, you’ll place your vote and stab one of these two potential corpses! Do you choose to kill @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK or @TheR3DX? In the morning, one of them will be killed, removed from the house, and unable to continue playing to escape with their life! As they are trapped, the potential victims may not use their knives, and @Blakers, this week’s Grand Reaper, may only vote in the event of a tie, using the Axe of Despair, to claim the life with their own hands!”

In order to vote, send me a private PM or Discord DM stating who you wish to vote for. Failure to vote will result in a warning. You have 24 hours, or until September 20th at 4:00PM PST to use your knife.

Week Four: End

The Death Ceremony has now reached its end, and all votes have been counted! One of the two tagged houseguests was killed this ceremony and will be unable to compete to escape the House of Horrors! As they have been killed, they may not be in communication with any other houseguest about Big Brother as long as they remain out of the game.

The sun rises as the panicked and concerned remaining houseguests rush to the ceremony room, opening the door into a pitch-black screen of darkness. As they enter, the lights flash on as the figure of the familiar Hostess stands on the stage, carrying a large axe in her hands. As the houseguests examine the room, they spot the two tagged houseguests, each tied to wooden chairs, knives driven into their chests. As they quickly untie their fellow houseguests, they are unfortunate enough to be informed that one of them has died from their wounds.

Upon examining the bodies, they find that from a vote of 5-4, @TheR3DX...
Has been killed!

Rushing the remaining alive houseguest to the infirmary, the houseguests tremble in fear as the room fills with the Hostess’s giggles… They know what this game means for them if they lose, and they know the game will continue. The next week will start very soon. They wonder… Who’s the next to die?

"Well, I suppose we have a bit of a mess to clean up on our hands, don't we, victims?"

The Hostess stares down at the two corpses on the floor of the ceremony room.

"Well, since this little one was my doing, I suppose I'll have to do a little bit of the clean up job myself, isn't that right? It's part of being a proper Hostess after all..."

She walks off the stage and towards the corpse of @TOTAL_EPICNESS, circling around the body and eyeing the large glaive still piercing the body.

"Now if I just... Let's see here..."

She steps next to the corpse and places her hands on the handle of the glaive.

"It'll be fun if I pull it slower. They'll scream louder."

With a laugh, she slowly pulls and twists the glaive out of the body, and the room fills with the screams of @TOTAL_EPICNESS, as their body seemingly starts to twitch. As the glaive is fully removed, their eyes open, and they try their hardest to shuffle away from the Hostess, and towards the rest of the house.

...You can see that the hole where the glaive had entered is now perfectly healed, as if nothing ever pierced it in the first place.

"Hehehe... I told you, didn't I? How'd you like a little taste of being dead this week? That sure was a fun little edge over the competition, wasn't it? Well, now that this isn't needed anymore, I may as well hold onto it. My little treasure, you know? Well... one of them..."

Congratulations, @TOTAL_EPICNESS! You have been awarded the Naginata of Suspension! This advantage has allowed you to skip one whole week of play and made you immune to any death ceremony votes to be placed on you for that week, by convincing the house of your death! Due to your agreement to keep the knowledge of this advantage completely confidential, the Naginata has returned to the Hostess, and you will not be killed at the end of this week. You are now allowed to continue the game like normal as a regular player, and are now welcome to share any information about this advantage, or how you obtained it, to your fellow houseguests.

Hostess Note

Laughter resonates through the house…

"Watching the victims scream tonight made me think of my wonderful experiences in this house, myself...
Back when I was trapped, and playing to escape.

I was one of the best you'd ever seen. Social strength and mastery of competitions, every play I made was beautiful and I had security for every move I made. You could say I played the perfect game. I was one of the strongest players to ever exist, after all...

I never let my guard down.

I never...

I never let my guard down..."

A loud scream can be heard. The doors in the house shift slightly, eventually violently shaking.

"It doesn't matter...
That doesn't matter. It doesn't matter anymore.

As I've said, everything will be right once I've achieved my vengeance.

...I look forward to the next ceremony."

The houseguests are once again unable to sleep due to the familiar loud and maniacal laughter that fills the house that night.

At this point you will receive your end of week actions. You have 24 hours, or until September 21st at 4:00PM PST to submit.
Week Five will begin once all alive houseguests have submitted their actions, or once the deadline is hit.

Week Five – Grand Reaper Competition

The houseguests awaken as the sun rises, but upon taking a look around, they realize they’re no longer in their rooms. They quickly ascertain they’ve been moved when they were asleep and now awaken in the house’s ceremony room. Before having the opportunity to ask questions, the Hostess enters the room, and begins to speak up.

“Welcome, victims, to your fifth week! To begin the week, you’ll be competing in a Grand Reaper competition, to become just that: This week’s Grand Reaper!

This competition, you'll be risking your lives playing...

Inkay's Topsy Turvy World!

You have just over 72 hours, or until September 24th at 2:00PM PST to reach your highest score and kill the competition! You may submit your score at any time before the deadline, and submit as many scores as you’d like, but only your highest score counts. Remember to include your PokéBeach ID to be visible in your screenshots, either an open tab of your profile or name, to prevent cheating. Submissions can be sent to me through Discord in PMs or Alliance Servers, or PMs on the Beach.
Here is your countdown!

Warnings
I am here not to warn people who didn't submit, but rather to say thank you for submitting everything necessary on time over the past week! No one got any warnings!

Week Five – Grand Reaper Announcement

The deadline has been reached! Here are your standings!

3rd place: @mirdo with 116,071
2nd place: @NinjaPenguin with 219,912

1st place: With a score of 339,031, the power and title of Grand Reaper for the fifth week goes to…
@Hermes !

Congratulations Hermes! As this week’s Grand Reaper, you may choose two of your fellow houseguests to tag for death. Your deadline is in 24 hours, or until September 25th at 2:00PM PST and remember to publicly post your tags in this thread!​

Warnings:

As @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK exits the ceremony hall and returns to their room, whispers begin to fill their ears. Although fairly quiet, they can’t help but lose concentration thinking about the game’s events that night, refraining them from participating in the next Idol of Life competition. Was this because they refrained from participating in this competition? Please submit on time next week! You have earned your first warning.

This isn't an actual warning, however @Little Cherrim has been placed on Technical Difficulties Week. This means they may not participate in challenges, be tagged for death, vote, receive advantages, or receive end of week prompts for an entire week.

Week Five – Idol of Life Competition

The Hostess claps, and the tagged houseguests become enveloped in a dark smoke. She grins and begins to speak once again.

“Houseguests, you have been tagged for death! In order to escape, you must play with the Grand Reaper and three randomly drawn houseguests to play for the Idol of Life! This Idol will allow you to save one of the tagged houseguests, or you may stab it with a knife to keep the tags the same! This week’s Idol competition contains…

Grand Reaper: @Hermes

Death Tag: @mirdo
Death Tag: @Fiery_Lugia

Random Draw: @NinjaPenguin
Random Draw: @Blakers
Random Draw: @quakingpunch73

This competition, you’ll be risking your lives playing…

Ready, Aim, Fire!

For those who don't know how this game works, here's the deal.

This is a very simple game. Everyone starts the game with a weapon. At any time during the action phase, you may PM me one of the following three actions:

1. Shoot [living player who is not you].
2. Defend (Shoot Self)
3. Do nothing.

After everyone submits their action or time runs out, all shots are resolved simultaneously.

If you shoot a player, you kill them and they die.
If that player chose to defend themselves, however, then you die instead.
If you defend yourself and no one else shoots you, you die.
Or you could steer clear of everyone and just do nothing, idly wishing your life away, but should you survive you will earn yourself a piercing shot. To use a Piercing Shot, you must state in the PM containing your action that you wish to use your Piercing Shot (This will replace the regular shoot). Piercing Shot may be kept to be use in later rounds. A person who is shot by a Piercing Shot regardless of the target's action for that phase will die.

An example to demonstrate. Reinforce, Celever, bbninjas, GM DracLord, Professor Palutena are in a game. Reinforce shoots Celever. Celever shoots himself. bbninjas shoots himself. GM DracLord shoots Celever. Professor Palutena does nothing. Resolution: Reinforce and GM DracLord die because they both shot Celever, who shot himself. Celever survives because he shot himself and was also shot. bbninjas dies because he shot himself and no one else shot him. Professor Palutena avoids everyone, survives and gain a Piercing Shot.

There is no altering of an action once it has been submitted, and once every submission has been received the phase will play, and the next phase (if necessary) will begin.
Each action phase is 24 hours long or whenever all living players submit their actions, whichever is sooner. There will be no extensions unless requested by the majority of players.

If you fail to send in an action, you will be immediately eliminated from the current competition, and be given a warning.

The last player alive wins!

You have just over 24 hours, or until September 25th, at 4:00PM PST to submit for your first phase.
Alliance chats are also unlocked, allowing you to communicate with other players, however keep your deadline in mind at all times.

Remember to include your PokéBeach ID to be visible in your screenshots, either an open tab of your profile or name, to prevent cheating. Submissions can be sent to me through Discord in PMs or Alliance Servers, or PMs on the Beach.

I'm not sure if this revision is necessary, but you won't immediately kill and evict whoever you shoot from the entire game. Just for this competition.

Guns are boring weapons anyways.

Nothing beats a beautiful Axe, anyways...

Steals my boyfriend???
But...im not gay...what...

I'm not sure if this revision is necessary, but you won't immediately kill and evict whoever you shoot from the entire game. Just for this competition.

Guns are boring weapons anyways.

Nothing beats a beautiful Axe, anyways...

Why am I unable to give this post 50+ likes just for that spoiler? Oh my god I'm dying.

Week Five - Idol of Life (Phase One)

Actions:
Hermes shot Quaking!
mirdo shot Fiery_Lugia!
Fiery_Lugia shot Hermes!
NinjaPenguin defended and shot themselves!
Blakers shot Fiery_Lugia!
Quaking does nothing!

Deaths:
Hermes, killed by Fiery_Lugia
Fiery_Lugia, killed by Blakers and mirdo
NinjaPenguin, killed by themselves
Quaking, killed by Hermes

Alive players:
@mirdo
@Blakers

Your second phase ends in 24 hours, or until 9:00AM PST on September 26th.

Week Five - Idol of Life (Phase Two)

Actions:
mirdo shot themselves!
Blakers does nothing!

Deaths:
mirdo, killed by themselves

Alive players:
@Blakers

The last player alive and the winner of the competition is Blakers! Congratulations!

The Hostess tosses the Idol to Blakers, and presents them with the important question…
“What are you gonna do with that thing? You gonna stab it? Or save someone from a bloody death?”

Using the Idol of Life, you may pick a houseguest to save from their death tag, or leave the death tags the same! Your options of death tags are:
@mirdo
@Fiery_Lugia

You have 24 hours, or until 2:00PM PST on September 26th to publicly post your decision in this thread!

This is the Idol Meeting. Fiery_Lugia and mirdo have been for tagged for death. But I have the power to give one of them Life.

I have decided to use the Idol of Life on @mirdo .

@Hermes since I have just given Life to one of your victims, you will have to name a new Houseguest as a replacement victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back