Finished PokéBeach Big Brother: House of Horrors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Week Three – Grand Reaper Announcement

The deadline has been reached! Here are your standings!

3rd place: @TOTAL_EPICNESS, @Brave Vesperia using a score of 4,300
2nd place: @Little Cherrim using a score of 4,950

1st place: Using a score of 5,650, the power and title of Grand Reaper for the third week goes to…
@Hermes and @Blakers!
However, since we can't have multiple winners (This isn't doubles week or anything...) We'll have to go off your personal scores!
Hermes: 4,050
Blakers: 3,600

Congratulations Hermes! As this week’s Grand Reaper, you may choose two of your fellow houseguests to tag for death. Your deadline is in 24 hours, or until September 8th at 10:00AM PST and remember to publicly post your tags in this thread!​

Warnings:
This isn't an actual warning, however @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK has been placed on Technical Difficulties Week. This means they may not participate in challenges, be tagged for death, vote, receive advantages, or receive end of week prompts for an entire week.

Week Three – Idol of Life Competition

The Hostess claps, and the tagged houseguests become enveloped in a dark smoke. She grins and begins to speak once again.

“Houseguests, you have been tagged for death! In order to escape, you must play with the Grand Reaper and three randomly drawn houseguests to play for the Idol of Life! This Idol will allow you to save one of the tagged houseguests, or you may stab it with a knife to keep the tags the same! This week’s Idol competition contains…

Grand Reaper: @Hermes

Death Tag: @GekkisaiDaiNi
Death Tag: @TheR3DX

Random Draw: @mirdo
Random Draw: @Blakers
Random Draw: @TOTAL_EPICNESS

This competition, you’ll be risking your lives playing…

Box Tower!"

You have just over 72 hours, or until September 10th, at 9PM PST to reach your highest score in order to win the Idol! You may submit your score at any time before the deadline, and submit as many scores as you’d like, but only your highest score counts.

A reminder that you cannot change whose score you are using as a submission for this challenge. If you are using the score of someone who is not listed for this competition, they will be contacted in private and be submitting a score for you.

Remember to include your PokéBeach ID to be visible in your screenshots, either an open tab of your profile or name, to prevent cheating. Submissions can be sent to me through Discord in PMs or Alliance Servers, or PMs on the Beach.
Here is your countdown!

Hi, I'm here to make another revision publicly in the thread. I've heard some reports of some of our players on the East Coast of the US having to evacuate due to weather warnings, specifically that of Hurricane Florence, and due to this, these players may be unable to play in certain competitions that require the use of a computer, or may be late submitting due to these evacuations. I want to thank those of you who have contacted me about these evacuation warnings ahead of time and I want to let you know that I will make sure the game continues to run as smoothly as possible while still respecting your safety and evacuation.

Due to this, until further notice I can confirm that I will check ahead of time to make sure all competitions are playable on mobile devices, and that if I'm alerted ahead of time with good reason, will extend deadlines on competitions so that you can submit on time without illegitimate warnings. All I ask is that you, the players, notify me of these reasons so that we may discuss these issues and come to a necessary conclusion.
If the competitions you are given are not playable on your device, please let me know so we can work something out for you. If these deadline extensions are given, they will be discussed in private with the necessary parties ahead of time, then given publicly in the thread once a decision has been made, so all players are made aware.

As your hostess I not only hope for you all to continue enjoying PokéBeach Big Brother: House of Horrors but also hope for your safety during these times, and that I will be understanding in these situations. Stay safe, houseguests, and contact me if necessary.

Your Idol of Life deadline will remain unchanged. For those of you who have not yet submitted, you have just under 7 and a half hours. Get those submissions in!

Stay safe, and make sure I'm the one who gets to kill you.
~ VioletValkyrie

Last edited:
Week Three – Idol of Life Announcement

The deadline has been reached! Let's see how our victims played...

3rd place: @GekkisaiDaiNi using a score of 22
2nd place: @Hermes and @Blakers using a score of 74

1st place:
Using a score of 76, the Idol of Life for the third week goes to…
@mirdo, @TOTAL_EPICNESS and @TheR3DX!
However, since we can't have multiple winners (This isn't doubles week or anything...) We'll have to go off your personal scores!
mirdo: 52
TOTAL_EPICNESS: 93
TheR3DX: 45

The Hostess tosses the Idol to @TOTAL_EPICNESS, and presents them with the important question…
“What are you gonna do with that thing? You gonna stab it? Or save someone from a bloody death?”

Using the Idol of Life, you may pick a houseguest to save from their death tag, or leave the death tags the same! Your options of death tags are:
@GekkisaiDaiNi
@TheR3DX

You have 24 hours, or until September 11th at 9:00PM PST to publicly post your decision in this thread!

Last edited:
After tossing the Idol to the winner for the week, the Hostess can't shake this silly grin from her face. Tilting her head up from a pile of cards she's holding in front of her face, she looks back down and goes through the cards once more.

"Wow, you guys made some interesting choices for this week... I love this idea. It shows that if someone really wants you dead... They can kill you."

The laughter starts coming in.

"You wanna know something? I'm really proud of you all.
Well, that's a lie.
I'm not.
I'm proud of those of you who stole victory from the cold, unknowing hands of those who put their faith in you. What a mistake, am I right?"

More laughter. You've come to expect it by now.

"Don't put your faith in those you can't trust, victims... That's your lesson from me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to put these away where no one can see them..."

She turns around, however, not before dropping the cards from her hands, spilling on a pile on the floor.

"Oh, did I do that? Whoopsie. Maybe you weren't supposed to see that. Oh well, now you know who you can really trust now, don't you?"

GekkisaiDaiNi - Faith in Quakingpunch73
Quakingpunch73 - Faith in mirdo
TOTAL_EPICNESS - Faith in Little Cherrim
mirdo - Faith in GekkisaiDaiNi
Hermes - Faith in NinjaPenguin
NinjaPenguin - Faith in Blakers
Blakers - Faith in NinjaPenguin
Nyan - No faith
TheR3DX - Faith in GekkisaiDaiNi
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK - Faith in Quakingpunch73
Brave Vesperia - Faith in Little Cherrim
Little Cherrim - Faith in TOTAL_EPICNESS

"Sleep well tonight, houseguests, and remember... killing someone is always an acceptable option in this house."

With a final bout of laughter, the Hostess disappears from the room...

Week Three – Idol of Life Announcement

@TOTAL_EPICNESS eyes the Idol of Life, before making their final decision.

They grab their knife and plunge it straight into one of the glowing ruby eyes of the Idol. As a strange red fluid oozes out of the Idol’s eyes, the dark fog thickens around the tagged houseguests, and the room darkens.

Once the room brightens again, the two tagged houseguests struggle to break out of the wooden chairs they’ve suddenly been tied to.

The Hostess once again speaks up.

“It’s time for the best part! Tonight, you’ll be called from your rooms to participate in this week’s Death Ceremony! Using your knives, you’ll place your vote and stab one of these two potential corpses! Do you choose to kill @GekkisaiDaiNi, or @TheR3DX? In the morning, one of them will be killed, removed from the house, and unable to continue playing to escape with their life! As they are trapped, the potential victims may not use their knives, and @Hermes, this week’s Grand Reaper, may only vote in the event of a tie, using the Axe of Despair, to claim the life with their own hands!”

In order to vote, send me a private PM or Discord DM stating who you wish to vote for. Failure to vote will result in a warning. You have 24 hours, or until September 12th at 8:00AM PST to use your knife.

Week Three End

The Death Ceremony has now reached its end, and all votes have been counted! One of the two tagged houseguests was killed this ceremony and will be unable to compete to escape the House of Horrors! As they have been killed, they may not be in communication with any other houseguest about Big Brother as long as they remain out of the game.

The sun rises as the panicked and concerned remaining houseguests rush to the ceremony room, opening the door into a pitch-black screen of darkness. As they enter, the lights flash on as the figure of the familiar Hostess stands on the stage, carrying a large axe in her hands. As the houseguests examine the room, they spot the two tagged houseguests, each tied to wooden chairs, knives driven into their chests. As they quickly untie their fellow houseguests, they are unfortunate enough to be informed that one of them has died from their wounds.

Upon examining the bodies, they find that from a vote of 9-1, @TheR3DX...
is still alive! For now…

@GekkisaiDaiNi has been killed, and is evicted from the game in 14th place!

Rushing the remaining alive houseguest to the infirmary, the houseguests tremble in fear as the room fills with the Hostess’s giggles… They know what this game means for them if they lose, and they know the game will continue. The next week will start very soon. They wonder… Who’s the next to die?

Hostess Note

Laughter resonates through the house…

"Sometimes through all of this blood and death, I stop for a second, and think about this house... What even is it? It's clearly abnormal...
I've broken its windows, busted down its doors, even lit parts on fire, but it... regrows, every time. Whenever I tried to escape, I just woke up on the floor of the ceremony room, in a cold sweat...
I remember every time, trying to escape this place when I was still alive. I really did think I was clever, but I never found a way...

I couldn't take it, being trapped in here. Everything I did seemed futile. Every blade I used, fire I set, anything I did never worked. I was trapped.
...And then I died.

I still remember everything that happened. That ceremony, the blade above my head... To this day it's still the only thing to ever scare me. The pain I endured... there's been nothing like it my entire life. Even after death, it still haunted me. Hahahaha... What does a dead person have to fear, anyways?

But that pain... that pain stayed with me for so long... For so long I wept and screamed in this room... desperate for a way out. I swore I'd rip my way out and carry that axe straight into their head once I was finally free. I tried, and I tried, and I tried...

…Then I became Hostess.

Now I don't feel fear.
It's been replaced by this feeling of pure glee, watching these souls die before my eyes, feeling their blood run through my fingers...

But I'm not done yet.
Once my search is over. If who I’m looking for is still in this house, everything’s justified..."

The houseguests are once again unable to sleep due to the familiar loud and maniacal laughter that fills the house that night.

At this point you will receive your end of week actions. You have 24 hours, or until September 12th at 9:00PM PST to submit.
Week Four will begin once all alive houseguests have submitted their actions, or once the deadline is hit.

Week Four Start

The houseguests awaken as the sun rises, but upon taking a look around, they realize they’re... still in their rooms. Wait, what?
There was a competition that was supposed to happen, wasn't there? Confused, yet relieved, the houseguests get out of their beds and walk to the ceremony room. Thinking it's best to group up, they stand at the doorway of the room together, before opening the doors. They're unlocked at least...

The large doors slowly creak open, but the room was anything but a relieving sight.

Stepping into the room, the first thing you see...

Is the corpse of @TOTAL_EPICNESS, with a large glaive through their stomach, and the Axe of Despair wedged into their right foot.
Pools of dried blood surround the victim, along with...

@NinjaPenguin, on the floor next to the victim, seemingly just waking up from their own slumber.

It seems like you entered the wrong room at the wrong time. This is no doubt a murder scene. It seems like one victim wasn't enough, and someone was hungry for more blood.
You're not sure how this was managed, but it seems like now's a better time than any to find out. Unfortunately, the doors behind you are locked, and no one's getting out.

You can hear the familiar giggles of the Hostess as she appears from behind the stage, and walks over to the victim's body, pulling out the Axe from his foot.

"Quite a wonderful sight, wouldn't you agree? Well now, you can't go killing people with witnesses around, can you? Unfortunately the murders will have to stop for now, and we'll all have a wonderful discussion about these events. Specifically, what @NinjaPenguin was doing in the ceremony room tonight. Who's ready for a murder trial?"

Welcome to Week Four's Grand Reaper challenge! In this challenge, everyone must discuss the murder at hand, and decide on what you think happened, as a group. How did TOTAL_EPICNESS die, and was NinjaPenguin really responsible? The player who has the best reasoning and is the most able to convince the rest of the house that their reasoning is what really happened will win the competition, and this week's title of Grand Reaper. Throw blame around! Get messy. Convict anyone you can and make sure whoever's found guilty isn't you, or you may face death!

You have just over 72 hours, or until September 15th at 9:00PM PST to discuss, and come to a consensus on the murder. All discussion must be made publicly, in thread, and use of alliance chats will be limited for this competition. Remember to contribute to discussion as much as you can! Since your scoring is based on how able you are to convince the rest of the house, you're at a clear shot of losing if you don't participate! If you have further questions, they may be asked publicly, in thread, or through PMs with me.

Here is your countdown! However, a deadline extension may be given for this challenge due to the high-discussion nature.

Warnings

As @Little Cherrim enters the ceremony hall, whispers begin to fill their ears. Although fairly quiet, they can’t help but lose concentration thinking about the game’s events that night, refraining them from participating in the next Idol of Life competition. Was this because they refrained from playing in this competition, and participating in the game? Please enter your submissions on time! You have earned your first warning.

Last edited:
Wow. This is definitely something that I don’t think any of us expected. But I think that there’s an explanation for this that doesn’t include NP murdering TE. For starters, we would have to assume that NP could wield the Axe of Despair, something that is usually reserved for the Hostess. I think it’s very obvious that the Hostess is the most bloodthirsty person/spirit in the House. I’m also fairly certain that anyone who chose to visit the Ceremony Room in our end of week actions was greeted by and forced to converse with the Hostess. I myself decided to get out of there as soon as I could, but I believe that TE and NP both could have led the conversation on a bit more than anybody else did. I think it’s simply that the people who spent the most time talking with the Hostess were taken by her, and she decided to kill one for her own reasons. Do you all think that this could be what happened, or was it maybe something else?

Last edited:
Wow, holy sh*t. The one thing I actually feared this game would do actually happened. I didn't think it would, but I guess I was wrong. Needless to say I'm enraged, and anyone who doesn't already know why will probably find out when the game concludes.

TE and NP were most likely the players who had the longest conversations running with the Hostess. When my conversation with Hostess ended, I got something somewhat like "she doesn't seem hostile towards you, but that's her intent if you stick around long enough". Well clearly TE and NP stuck around long enough, and the Hostess decided to kill one of them for it: she got hostile. Can't really think of any other way to put it.

I also decided to converse with the hostess, and almost got the axe. I feel like I just narrowly made it out before getting chopped to pieces.

I also decided to converse with the hostess, and almost got the axe. I feel like I just narrowly made it out before getting chopped to pieces.
Do you mind explaining what happened? Since you claim to have only narrowly avoided death, how did your EoW go? I'll extend the question to @NinjaPenguin since he's apparently the player in question.

Do you mind explaining what happened? Since you claim to have only narrowly avoided death, how did your EoW go? I'll extend the question to @NinjaPenguin since he's apparently the player in question.

Basically I asked if there was a point to all this killing. She responded saying it makes her feel better and that she's after something. As she finished speaking, she stepped off the stage and started twirling the axe in her hands. I made my escape before meeting the business end of it.

Maybe the weapons from last week are a part of this? The advantage might have been killing someone.

Well, of course I entered the room and talked a bit to the hostess-she really is lovely to have a chat with- but I never would have killed TE! Why, we spoke a tad and then she left and locked the door so I had to spend the night here.
The hostess obviously left the room so the murder probably wasn't comitted by her, but instead someone else who was hidden within this room when she locked it. It clearly wasn't me; I never would simply fall asleep next to somebody I killed! Instead, I'd definitely hide at the corner of the room like I suspect someone else has done.
Or perhaps it was the soul of one of the dead that we have already killed? Like Gekki wanting revenge for TE not using that veto to save him!

@NinjaPenguin How long was your chat with the Hostess? I only asked her one thing and left, but how many things did you say to her?
I only said one thing, she replied, and then she left the room, locking me in it.
She came back for a minute to tell me that I can sleep here, but now that I remember it, at that time her axe wasn't on her anymore and there was something...bloody on her face. Not like the blood of a murderer but like somebody who in an confrontation with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back