Finished PokéBeach Big Brother: House of Horrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
As you enter the house, the doors lock behind you. Your heartbeat quickens as you see someone approaching. A young girl? She beckons you forward, and once you take another step, a blade is held to your throat. “Welcome…” she says, “If you wish to escape alive, you must play my game.” Your only escape is to win. You’ve found yourself in the…

rR23lFX.png

When signing up as a houseguest for this season, please include the following:
- What devices will you likely be using to regularly access the site? This makes sure that all challenges are available for all of our houseguests. If this answer changes mid-game, please notify the host.
- How regularly do you visit PokéBeach? Maybe once a day? Once every two days? Hourly? Are you keeping the tab open and refreshing it several times a minute for the new update?
- How likely you are to stay committed to this game, not to drop out or to be too inactive with challenges, to keep the flow of the game steady.

Warnings and Inactivity:
There will be no tolerance for inactivity in the game, in order to keep the flow of the game steady and on track. A warning system is in place for anyone unable to complete a challenge or submit a vote.

Example:
Warning #1: If you miss your first challenge/vote, you will be given a minor warning, and you will not be on the randomized list for the next Idol of Life competition.
Warning #2: If you miss your second challenge/vote, you will be given a severe warning, and you will not be able to participate in the next Grand Reaper competition.
Warning #3: If you miss your third challenge/vote, you will be modkilled by the host and will be immediately removed from the game. (You don't want this one.)

If you are unable to submit due to a technical difficulty, let the host know before the submission’s deadline, and you will be given your Technical Difficulties Week, one full week of in-game time without being given a warning, giving you time to fix the problem.
Excessive periods of inactivity can still lead to being modkilled.

How does Big Brother work?
Forum Rules:
- There will be room for 16 people to sign up as houseguests to play. You must sign up as a committed player and cannot sub in or out for another player.
- Alliances are allowed and strongly encouraged. You can make as many as you’d like with as many other houseguests as you’d like. However, if you choose to make an alliance, you must include the host in the conversation. You may make alliances either through Private Messages on PokéBeach, or through group DMs or servers on Discord, and can add me through @Violet#4548 on Discord.
- You may not discuss the game with any killed houseguests, or anyone who is not a houseguest. If you have a Discord alliance with any killed houseguests, please refrain from talking about the game with them, or create another channel for general conversation.
- In this game, screenshots are necessary for challenge submissions. Make sure that your device can submit screenshots of your score. When submitting a score, you must include some sort of proof that this score is yours, such as your PokéBeach account open in another tab, and a separate window of Notepad on your screen displaying your username. If your submission does not include this, you will be notified by the host that your submission is invalid.

General Rules and Competitions:
- In this game, you will compete with other houseguests to win the game, and escape the house alive. This game will be divided into several in-game weeks. Every week contains a Grand Reaper (GR) Competition, Death Tagging, an Idol of Life (IOL) Competition, and the Death Ceremony, where one houseguest will be killed, unable to further attempt to escape, and evicted from the game. Here’s how each week will work.

The Grand Reaper (GR) Competitions:
Every week will start with the Grand Reaper competition. The winner of the competition will become the Grand Reaper for that week, but will not be able to participate in next week’s Grand Reaper competition. The Grand Reaper may not be stabbed in the death ceremony, and will rest easily for the rest of the week.
Example: Player A wins the Grand Reaper competition during Week 3. They are unable to compete in the Grand Reaper competition in Week 4.

The Death Tagging:
After the Grand Reaper competition, the winner will choose two houseguests and those houseguests will become tagged. Any tagged houseguest at the end of the week is at risk of being killed, and removed from the game at the end of the week.
Example: Player A wins the Grand Reaper competition. They will choose Players B and C to be tagged. Players B and C are now at risk of becoming killed at the end of the week.

The Idol of Life (IOL) Competitions:
After tags have been placed, The Grand Reaper as well as the two tagged houseguests, and three randomized houseguests will compete to win the Idol of Life. The winning houseguest will obtain the Idol of Life, and may choose one tagged houseguest to remove their tag, and save them from death. If they do, the Grand Reaper must choose another houseguest to tag for death. The Grand Reaper may choose any houseguest, not just those competing in the Idol of Life. The winning houseguest may also choose to stab the Idol of Life, destroying it, and leaving the tags on the current houseguests, not changing the tagged houseguests for the week, and not allowing the Grand Reaper to change tags.
Example: Player A is the Grand Reaper, Players B and C are tagged, and Players D, E, and F have been randomized to compete. If Player A wins the Idol, they will likely choose to stab it, to keep their tags the same, and they may not choose any other houseguests to tag. If Players B or C are tagged, they will likely use the Idol to remove their death tag, to save themselves. Player A must now choose a new houseguest to tag. If Players D, E, or F win, they may go either way.

The Ceremony of Death:
The remaining tagged houseguests will be brought to the Ceremony of Death. During this time, every untagged houseguest, excluding the Grand Reaper, will be given a bloodstained knife. Every houseguest must message the host which of the two tagged houseguests they would like to stab with the knife. The houseguest who has been stabbed with the most knives dies at the end of the ceremony, and is removed from the current game. In the event of a tie, the Grand Reaper may brandish the Axe of Despair, and swing at one of the tagged houseguests. That houseguest is immediately killed, and removed from the current game. After the Ceremony, the game continues with the start of the next week.
All votes must be sent by PM to the host, and are anonymous, meaning they will not be revealed to the rest of the house. State that this is a vote for the Death Ceremony, which week, and who would you like to vote for.
Example Vote: “For the Death Ceremony in Week 2, I’d like to vote for Player A.”

Extra Information and Terminology:
Weeks:
This is a term to describe how the game works. Each week consists of a Grand Reaper competition, death tagging, an Idol of Life competition, and a Death Ceremony, where each week, someone will be killed in the house until just three houseguests remain alive.

Grand Reaper, Death Tags, Idol of Life, Death Ceremony:
These are terms created for this game to keep the theme of horror for the game, and they’re all equivalent to real Big Brother terminology.
Grand Reaper = Head of Household, Death Tags = Nominations, Idol of Life = Power of Veto, Death Ceremony = Evictions.

The Survivors:
Once there are only three houseguests left alive in the game, The Haunted will decide on who should live, and escape the house. The selected houseguest wins the game, and escapes with their life!

The Screams of the Haunted:
Once five houseguests have been killed, any killed houseguest will then have their soul trapped in the house forever, unable to escape even after death. The sixth killed houseguest will become the first Haunted, a special role that comes into play on the final night. On the final night, every Haunted will choose which remaining Survivor they’d like to see escape, and who they believe deserves to win. The Haunted may question the Survivors about anything over the course of the game to make a final decision. There will be a separate chat using forum PMs after the Haunted have risen, for them to discuss the state of the game as it plays out.

The House of Horrors:
The house you’re trapped in is unreal. Things may change, new rooms may open up where they weren’t before, maybe illusions will be created or maybe, just maybe, there’ll be some items to help you escape with your life. Maybe this could be your key to escaping?
During the game, while exploring the house at the end of a week, you may find something new or unusual. You’ll receive a forum PM from me explaining what it is you’ve found and what action you’d like to take, such as finding a room that wasn’t there before and choosing to enter the room or leave the door shut.
You will also always be given the option to cry for help. That is, if you feel like wasting your effort trying to escape in order to do that.

The Hostess:
The Hostess is a character written in the flavour of this game. She is the one who controls the house and everything inside of it. She will watch over every houseguest and keep responsible track of the game, to make sure no one gets hurt. Every update and game-related PM outside of alliances will involve the hostess talking to the houseguests. Roleplaying is encouraged, play along!

The Graveyard:
While you may not be able to leave the house, there seems to be one outside area that you can wander. While in the graveyard, you may confess anything you’d like to the spirits residing there. Want to talk about how a specific houseguest is bothering you? What do you think of your current alliance? Are you frustrated about a negative turn you didn’t expect in the game? Come to the graveyard and confess your secrets. Maybe there’s an advantage to making confessions, who knows?
Every confession will be kept anonymous, and must be sent to the host by PM. Make sure to state that you are confessing in the Graveyard when sending a PM.
Example Confession: “To Graveyard: I really don’t like Player A. I think they might be lying to me in our alliance!”

Who’s ready to die?
Sign-Ups!
1. @Lord o da rings

Signups will end at 10PM PST on Sunday, August 19th. You can view the countdown here!

Final Standings:
Dead:
@Jadethepokemontrainer (16th place, killed Week 1 by Ceremony)
@double o squirtle (15th place, killed Week 2 by Ceremony)
@GekkisaiDaiNi (14th place, killed Week 3 by Ceremony)
@TheR3DX (13th place, killed Week 4 by Ceremony)
@quakingpunch73 (12th place, killed Week 5 by Ceremony)
@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK (11th place, modkilled before Week 6)

Haunted:
@Fiery_Lugia (10th place, modkilled Week 6)
@Nyan (9th place, modkilled Week 6)
@Brave Vesperia (8th place, killed Week 6 by Ceremony)
@NinjaPenguin (7th place, killed Week 7 by Ceremony)
@Hermes (6th place, killed Week 8 by Massacre)
@mirdo (5th place, killed Week 8 by Massacre)
@Little Cherrim (4th place, killed Week 9 by Hostess)

Finalists:
@Lord o da rings (3rd place, with 1 finale vote)
@TOTAL_EPICNESS (2nd place, with 3 finale votes)
@Blakers (Winner!)

Chapters:

Last edited:
/in, its finally hereeeeee

- I use my computer, it'll hold up for challenges just fine.
- Usually once a day if I'm not in a game or hosting something, but that always goes up during games.
- I've been waiting for what, 6 months Vi? I'll be fine.

Last edited:
/in finally time to get hyped

Question #1: 2017 MacBook Air
Question #2: About 3 or 4 times a day, I plan to increase that though.
Question #3: I'm definitely likely to stay committed to the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spun the wheel to see if I was joining and
Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 4.51.44 PM.png guess im in boi

I will use a phone and computer. The amount of time will vary because of the way my virtual school works. I will likely be very happy at the start and gradually forget more and more.

Last edited:
The gull has decided to sit on the Big Brother house.
Maybe I'll fly /in everynow and then.
Maybe i steal all the bread.
Who knows.

Devices: Mostly PC, maybe Phone
Activity: Multiple times a day
Commitment: Yes

Last edited:
when i access the site i either use mobile or PC usually mobile
i check this site fairly often
i will definitely be active enough to actively participate and dropping out wont be an issue

Y’know, I think I recall having a conversation with some people about this game. Been waiting for it to roll around, wanted it to be my first forum game. Put me in, please.

- I’ll be using my computer.
- I’m on Discord frequently, so alert me when updates release, I’ll be quick to see them.
- I can stay committed, of course.

Definitely in for the carnage!

-Using my computer. I can also use my phone. None of them are brand new or anything, but should be plenty fine.
-I'll generally am available on site 2-4 hours a day; in mornings and afternoons.
-Never bailed out yet!

I’m in

Phone, computer, iPad
More than enough
I will stay committed

Last edited:
I haven't played any forum games in a long time. Been meaning to change that. /in!

- What devices will you likely be using to regularly access the site? This makes sure that all challenges are available for all of our houseguests. If this answer changes mid-game, please notify the host.

My laptop. Phone doesn't like most sites but I can use if need be.

- How regularly do you visit PokéBeach? Maybe once a day? Once every two days? Hourly? Are you keeping the tab open and refreshing it several times a minute for the new update?

Multiple times a day.

- How likely you are to stay committed to this game, not to drop out or to be too inactive with challenges, to keep the flow of the game steady.

Very likely to stay committed, if for whatever reason I see something coming up, I will alert beforehand.

Thanks for the invitation Violet, but I'll be unable to participate this time because I'm already in two games here and my free time isn't something that abounds in my life. But good luck!

/in!

I vist most days, sometimes multiple times a day.

I’ll definitely stay committed, don’t worry about me dropping out.

I can currently only use my phone, but I’m going to get a computer soon, hopefully during this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back