Finished PokéBeach Big Brother: Clique Collision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Week 9 - HOH Part 2
Showdown Conundrum!
The two participants must build a team on Pokemon Showdown using only Eevee and its Evolutions and face each other in a duel! The battle will be fought in the OU format, so this means that sleep clause will be in effect, for example.

There are no restrictions in items, moves and abilities, as long as they are valid ones for said species, (by valid, that means they must be available in Sun & Moon OU). Once both participants have made a team, they are responsible, to set up a time and battle each other, sending the replay to the hosts when the battle has concluded.

This will be a best of 1 battle with the victor moving onto Part 3 battling the winner of the previous part for the chance to become the final HOH of the season.

If there are any questions, please ask!

The deadline for this will be Saturday, May 13th, 8 AM PDT/11 AM PDT.

The 2 participants must also click like on this post, or somehow inform us that they are online and will be able to meet the deadline within 48 hours, or they will be deemed inactive and part 2 will conclude promptly.

@Celever
Bibarel cos Canadian.

Low HP cos eliminated hella early so he's weeeeak. As a fun touch, Prof had 6 votes against him when he was eliminated. Assuming each vote is a damage counter, that's just enough to finish to him off. :D

Colourless cos he looks normal and nice from the exterior before he BETRAYS EVERYONE and lures other innocent players into fake alliances. :U

Ability cos he's actually super good at the games and stuff. Like, probably the best in the competition period. Therefore, erryone wants him out and backdoors him and directs all their attention towards him. It's a hard life really. Benched Pokémon were used because players in his position tend to create alliances to then use as elimination fodder instead of him.

C'mere Kiddo because of how he got Jesi to betray her clique in a bit of a phony alliance. Turns into [D] type because it was lowkey evil. Not that I tried to stop him, of course, and she was excellent in the moling role, but I did also liberate Jesi by backdooring Prof later. :p

Vengeance because he's still on the jury and will probably vote for whoever isn't me thanks to me backdooring him. IDK, it's prophesying a bit. I feel like he needs some way to do damage because he's really good at challenge and given the opportunity he would've done but in his time in the competition he didn't actually manage it because we killed him too fast.

Weakness to [F] because justice and I've got villain vibes in this card. Resistance to [D] because of the evil in his heart.

Hope I haven't forgot anything. :D

I don't know whether to feel honored or offended.

I think the answer is both?

Okay, so violet seems to be inactive, and as per the rules state, 48 hours to show signs of activity has been up, so we are moving onto part 3!

Week 9 - HOH Part 3
Know Your Jury!
The two participants must answer a series of questions to score points! The person with the most points will win the Head of Household competition will be in the Finale where they will get a chance to plead to the jury explaining why they deserve to win the game. They will also get to make the important decision of which person to take to the Finale with them. So I hope you know your jury members, cause you will be tested on it!

Question 1) Double o Squirtle was evicted at the end of Week 4. How many votes did she participate in?
a) 1
b) 2
c) 3
d) 4

Question 2) We asked Mirdo, What do you think was the most shocking moment of this season so far and why?

Which of the following did Mirdo say?
a) The twist that it turned the game into the Survivor all of the sudden.
b) I would say during week 3 when I was forced to nominate 2 nerds.
c) Probably when Sceptile cheated right at the beginning.

Question 3) We asked Rainyman123, What twist so far did you like the most and why?

Which of the following did Rainyman123 say?
a) Straws were by far the most interesting to me, simply because it seemed... different.
b) Survivor. Even though I couldn’t participate, it seemed like a great mix up in the game.
c) Doubles Week was a really interesting twist. I love when random things happen like that.

Question 4) We asked Blakers, Of all the challenges from Week 1 through Week 6, which challenge did you like the most?

Which of the following did Blakers say?
a) I really did like the Majority Rules challenge
b) My favorite was the 2048 Team Challenge
c) I found the Riddles during Week 3 to be pretty neat

Question 5) We asked PikaMasterJesi, Who do you think is the underdog of this season?

Which of the following did PikaMasterJesi say?
a) I would say Ninja Penguin
b) I would say Little Cherrim
c) I would say Celever

Question 6) We asked Little Cherrim, What is your favorite moment of the season and why?

Which of the following did Little Cherrim not say?
a) I was asleep for the majority of the time though.
b) Not the straw game.
c) I guess when I won the popularity contest.

Please submit the answers privately to the private chat with the hosts. The deadline for this will be Wednesday, May 10th, 8 PM PDT/11 PM PDT.

As a reminder, please note that you CANNOT converse with any of the jury members.

@NinjaPenguin @Celever

At this time, I would like both @VioletValkyrie and @Celever to tell me why I should save them. I'm leaning towards someone, but I may be persuaded to go the other way depending on what you do/don't say. I'll announce my pick in ~20 hours.

OK, so I guess since you won it's within your power to take the easy victory, but I don't think you should. :p If you decide to take Violet into the final I would encourage people who I closely worked with and who I hope and trust would vote for me in the final to vote for you instead, as I also closely worked with you. If someone I consider to be an ally throughout the competition wins the whole shebang, that's just as good as a personal victory for me. That's why I'm still a little bit high about Vracken winning the gargantuan season of The Challenge that just ended; we were allied from the start and his victory was so exciting!

I'm not gonna lie: my intention is to win, but I think you knew that already. You also know that no matter what, I was gonna bring you into the final 2 with me, as we had this conversation in the middle of the final challenge. I mean no offence to Violet when I say that I don't think she necessarily deserves to be in the final 2. Not playing the game with other players and forming alliances etc. isn't a weakness, but her sentiment in the post above is pretty much the feel I got from her performances during the entire season: she didn't want to be eliminated, but she also didn't want to win. And, accordingly, she never was eliminated. Maybe ambition can be seen as a weakness, but this is a forum game, and I think that legacy and lasting impression is critical. Besides, the Anti-Jesi Alliance Violet was at least a part of (I don't know if she founded it or not) failed to the efforts of me and my teammates; Jesi and LC, both people who I came to trust with my life over this forum game, got to the final 5, and the only member of the alliance who got there is Violet. I think that if we want to make a pitch for who deserves the finale more, my efforts throughout the game outshine Violet's.

Of course, I will hold no ill will if you decide to go with Violet. I'm sure that the majority of other players will do so too. You're in an advantageous position as a result of a challenge which you absolutely deserved to win, as your card was better than mine anyway. Maybe choosing Violet is the smart thing to do, and as I mentioned at the start of the post, if you decide to choose her I'll recommend to my allies and, for some of them as a direct result of this competition, my friends to vote for you in the final jury, which if they respect my wishes (something they have no obligation to do :p) would likely result in a victory for you.

Anyway, I'm apprehensive about whatever decision you might come to, and whatever you decide to do, this has been such a great competition, and I've enjoyed working with you. By talking closely with about half of the game each, we smashed this joint outta the water, and I think that our team being the final 2 would be an amazing close to this story.

As you guys will soon figure out when I talk to the jury, this decision is not easy. Neither of you are insta-wins for me, and neither of you are insta-losses either. So I have to go with who I feel the closest to in this game.
Violet, you were my fellow nerd from the start, and we truly worked well together the whole game. Celever, when you were in the game the first time, it was an amazing alliance that truly rejuvenated me in this game. Although we weren't so close once you came back, your appeal to me was very strong.

In the end, it came down to two factors to me. Celever, you came back into the game. As exciting as it is, its sort of unfair to those who missed out. Violet, you were absent in this last HOH, while I could tell Celever put thought in what he did (except maybe that last part of the HOH competition).

AFAIK, the coming back was an actual competition, and everyone in the jury had a chance at it. Therefore, I vote to evict @VioletValkyrie. I'm sorry that I had to do this, but I hope you can understand.

As you guys will soon figure out when I talk to the jury, this decision is not easy. Neither of you are insta-wins for me, and neither of you are insta-losses either. So I have to go with who I feel the closest to in this game.
Violet, you were my fellow nerd from the start, and we truly worked well together the whole game. Celever, when you were in the game the first time, it was an amazing alliance that truly rejuvenated me in this game. Although we weren't so close once you came back, your appeal to me was very strong.

In the end, it came down to two factors to me. Celever, you came back into the game. As exciting as it is, its sort of unfair to those who missed out. Violet, you were absent in this last HOH, while I could tell Celever put thought in what he did (except maybe that last part of the HOH competition).

AFAIK, the coming back was an actual competition, and everyone in the jury had a chance at it. Therefore, I vote to evict @VioletValkyrie. I'm sorry that I had to do this, but I hope you can understand.
The challenge to get back into the game was Tetris. :p Apparently I won by around 30,000 points with a score of ~40,000 though. :L

Also I did try in the final part of the HOH competition. I was just very bad Dx I chose B 4 times, and B was the answer to none of the questions. >.<

I'm elated that you decided to choose me, damn! Y'all better be prepared for a showdown. I promise not to let NP win without a fight, and I trust that he will do the same! :D

Big Brother: Pokébeach Edition - Season 2 Finale!

Woohoo! We have come down to our final two houseguests! @NinjaPenguin and @Celever! Let's give it up for them, shall we? Both have fought hard, and have done a tremendous job fighting their way to the finale!

Now, for the instructions for how this will work. Our jury of 7 evicted houseguests must make the decision on who they would like to win it all! They must each PM the hosts privately in a new PM as we have most likely deleted the old one. In this, you will only be telling us who you'd like to win the game. You can change this vote over the course of the time the finale will go on for. You can also converse with the other jurors in the Jury Chat.

To help the jury to choose who they should vote for if undecided, each juror may ask each finalist one question. They do not have to, but for those who don't know who to vote for, I recommend you do this. If you do ask a question, please tag who is being asked the question. Now that you know what to do jury, you may ask your questions. Jurors, you have until Sunday, May 14, 2017, at 6 PM EDT to ask your questions.

As for the finalists, all you can do is answer these questions. This week is mostly left to the jury. By answering these questions, you must convince the jurors to vote for you. Here are the jurors you must convince:

- @rainyman123
- @double o squirtle
- @mirdo
- @Blakers
- @PikaMasterJesi
- @Little Cherrim
- @VioletValkyrie

Good luck to the jurors, and good luck to the finalists! The results of the finale will be posted Monday, May 15, 2017, at 6 PM EDT, so you have some time to make a decision jurors, and you have time to make yourselves look good finalists. Best of luck! :D

giphy.gif
Open for questions! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back