XY Pokémon Bank: Cloud Storage for Pokémon

Buzzword

Convulsively Tripping the Light Fantastic
I sorta like the idea that we are getting a Celebi so that it can unlock access (vis DLC) to another region... like, ya know....Hoenn...

Kylexv

Pokebank is now out in Japan!
Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter is now out in Japan! Everyone wonder trade as much as you can! It may take a while for Japanese players to transfer and breed their pokemon, though.

EDIT: It isn't out yet. Checked on GTS for snivy. There was none.

harrycooke

Aspiring Trainer
Kylexv said:
Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter is now out in Japan! Everyone wonder trade as much as you can! It may take a while for Japanese players to transfer and breed their pokemon, though

I'm hoping to get the hoenn starters by tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoDice

Pancham=PURE AWESOME
Just finished amassing most of everything that I need to complete the Nat'l dex once bank goes up. REALLY hoping there is a SHINY CHARM in this game, otherwise it will be a HUGE waste of time! -_-

Only legendaries I dont have currently are Dialga, Groudon, Arceus, Manaphy, Victini and Phione... hopefully ill be able to nab them on GTS. Hopefully....

Reggie McGigas

-
Sadly, all these japaneese Pokemon are impossible to get, they are offering crazy, impossible to get things for them. (Ex. Mudkip for Zekrom)

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I just removed a bunch of posts in this thread for being off-topic and spammy. If you guys want to trade, please use the Wi-Fi forum. If you just want to chat about the different Pokémon you got, you can use the PokéBeach chat room or contact each other via IM, PM, visitor message, etc. Let's stay on topic to discuss the Pokémon Bank app. I'm going to add this information to the OP to remind people of the purpose of this thread. Thank you! :)

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
NoDice said:
Just finished amassing most of everything that I need to complete the Nat'l dex once bank goes up. REALLY hoping there is a SHINY CHARM in this game, otherwise it will be a HUGE waste of time! -_-

Only legendaries I dont have currently are Dialga, Groudon, Arceus, Manaphy, Victini and Phione... hopefully ill be able to nab them on GTS. Hopefully....

Shiny Charm has been confirmed to be the reward for completing the National Dex

Prince Dedenne

Elite Shiny Hunter
with pokebank being released in japan
it seems that pokemon with 6 maxed stats, shiny, dw ability, & caught in masterball are making it through pokemon bank.
im pretty upset! i thought part of pokebanks purpose was to get rid of hacked pokemon!
whats going on gamefreak!?

P_A2

Aspiring Trainer
Well, maybe some guys were right - if the pokemon functions and looks legit, maybe they will allow it to be transfered.

NoDice

Pancham=PURE AWESOME
Lord Xerneas said:
Yah I saw a screenshot of someone with a shiny Kyurem and I'm pretty sure all legends were shiny locked in gen V...

Except they werent. Only Zekrom, Reshiram, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect were shiny locked. I RNG'd shiny Virizion, Cobalion, Terrakion, Kyurem, Tornadus and Landorus.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone know if hacked moves and under leveled Legendaries can get through?
Also, can you get the event items in XY without event legendaries?

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Blob55 said:

I'd imagine not. It seems like Pokemon that have legit data (even if they are hacked) get through, so if a Pokemon that has hacked moves/underleveled tries to get through, I imagine it wouldn't. (thats why whenever I create a Pokemon through an app I have I make sure everything is legit)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Prince Dedenne

Elite Shiny Hunter
So PokemonBank has been temporarily shut down in japan. Due to mass usage?
I really hope it isn't delayed, I was looking foward to tomorrow. :/

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
P.DelSlayer said:
Blob55 said:

I'd imagine not. It seems like Pokemon that have legit data (even if they are hacked) get through, so if a Pokemon that has hacked moves/underleveled tries to get through, I imagine it wouldn't. (thats why whenever I create a Pokemon through an app I have I make sure everything is legit)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I guess for legendaries I'll make everything non-shiny just in case and the lowest level they can legally be caught at.

Can you get the event items for Pokémon, like Keldeo that don't have a fateful encounter?

Reggie McGigas

-
I can confirm the pokebank isn't foolproof. Got a Reshiram from GTS in a Pokeball with max IVs and EVs.

It has also been shut down in Japan due to a server overload, and will most likely not be released in USA/Europe for some time.

EDIT: Realized Pokémon is stuck in between a rock and a hard place. They could make it paid so they could benefit a ton and reduce customers/overloads, but that'd be a PR nightmare, forcing people to pay for something once free. On the other hand, they could make players happy by making it free, but really no benefit besides the few people who are willing to use it after the trial ends.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Hmm... I wonder how many Pokémon that aren't available in Kalos got through. I bet people with Meowth and Rattata are going to request Shiny Zygarde with perfect IVs for them.

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
Reggie McGigas said:
I can confirm the pokebank isn't foolproof. Got a Reshiram from GTS in a Pokeball with max IVs and EVs.

It has also been shut down in Japan due to a server overload, and will most likely not be released in USA/Europe for some time.

EDIT: Realized Pokémon is stuck in between a rock and a hard place. They could make it paid so they could benefit a ton and reduce customers/overloads, but that'd be a PR nightmare, forcing people to pay for something once free. On the other hand, they could make players happy by making it free, but really no benefit besides the few people who are willing to use it after the trial ends.

Is the blue pentagon on it? Just curious.

Trainerhan1

Chooses to not abandon his wagon.
Is your Pokebank account linked to you Nintendo Network ID?

MrSquarepants said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Is the blue pentagon on it? Just curious.

It would have to be caught or hatched in Kalos to have the Blue pentagon, so no Reshiram can have it.

Prince Dedenne

Elite Shiny Hunter
I've been thinking, maybe, (hopefully), Nintendo is postponing Pokémon Bank to continue working on it. Now that they've seen what kind of hacks are getting through, they can work on the service a little longer to prevent further hacks from getting through once it's released? They say that it's due to high Nintendo Network traffic, but who knows?