PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Sept. 2014 - Random *Congrats to the Winners*

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi
RE: PokéBeach Create-A-Card: Sept. 2014 - Random

I was trying to make it with an element of risk/reward like in the VG, but not with a move and a coinflip that can hurt/heal (YPPYOMGUS) the opponent.

'Food Fight!' is because of the Pokédex entry and lets the card have synergy with itself if you are so unlucky as to find youself with Delibird active in the middle of the battle (if you are running two or have got it out of the discard pile).

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

Ice Espeon said:
Basic Delibird HP80
20px-Water-attack.png

Delibird_XY.gif

NO. 225 Deilvery Pokémon HT: 2'11" WT: 35.3 Ibs.

TCGAbilityIcon.png
Present
Once during your turn (before your attack) you may Knock Out this Pokémon. If you do, your turn ends. Then, during your next turn, you may take an additional Prize card for each of your opponent’s Pokémon that you Knock Out during that turn.

20px-Colorless-attack.png
Food Fight! 10+
If your opponent has less than six Prize cards remaining, this attack does 40 more damage.

weakness
20px-Metal-attack.png
x2 resistance
20px-Grass-attack.png
retreat

It always carries its food with it, wherever it goes. If attacked, it throws its food at the opponent.​

When I first got Delibird I was a bit ._.

Then it grew on me and an idea came into mind :)

(Not too sure about the wording)

Banned for using almost the exact same format I use for my cards
Whoops, wrong Thread. xD

I'm pretty sure the amount of people that were happy with their Pokémon at first can be counted single-handedly. :p

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

Make sure to stay on topic, guys.

Nod3

her majesty

For a second I thought this was to be in by the 18th, and was going to drop out because I ran out of time and stuff (assignments, bleh), but apparently I just mixed that up with the last day of school.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

top 3 lgi

0YCPsjh.png

Roserade has had like a dozen cards in the TCG. Most of them are Grass (that's why this one is Psychic), and all of them have to do with whipping, powder, Special Conditions, whipping, flipping lots of coins, and also whipping.

I could have combined any or all of those things, but I decided to break the mold and try something different: support and hand control.

I wanted to have the attack be the opposite of "Return" attacks that let you draw until you have 6 (which is why the attack is called Frustration, ha). I figured making your opponent draw woudn't really be beneficial, so I decided to have them discard until they matched you instead. Then I asked myself, how can I support this attack? How could I get the player to want to have a low hand count? The power was the perfect answer. Having what is essentially Computer Search as a power gives Roserade so much utility that I'm still not sure it's not broken. After all, there's a reason it's limited to one per deck now.

In an attempt to balance it, the attack is weak for the cost, and it is not DCE-able. The intent is that the attack is strong enough to be annoying, but not so strong that you can use it as a main attacking force in your deck without some serious support.

I imagine most decks would leave her on the bench and then just whore out the power, and to be honest, that's good enough for me. The world needs more decks with a Roserade in it. :]

Art by Athena, card spoiler by me, rate your criticisms accordingly.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

Just a reminder to all of you who haven't posted their entry: There's 10 days left until the deadline! If you know for sure you're not going to be able to make a card in this time, this is the last couple of days you have to pull out and not get a penalty next round. Also, take into consideration that some people were left out, and could potentially take that place. ;)

Mr.Muffin

Cooler than Everyone who is less Cool than Me!

I didn't have much of an idea.

Stage 1 Zebstrika HP120[L]
[sprite]522[/sprite]evolves from Blitzle

523.gif

NO.205 Thunderbolt Pokémon HT: 5'03" WT: 175.3 lbs..

SF-Ability
Conductivity
If you have 4 or more [L] pokemon in play then all attacks by Zebstrika requires no energy.

[L] Charge
Attach a Lighting Energy from your discard to one of your pokemon

[L] [L] [C] Thunder 120
weakness [F] x2 Resistance

retreat [C][C]

When this ill-tempered Pokémon runs wild, it shoots lightning from its mane in all directions.

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker

Mr.Muffin said:
I didn't have much of an idea.

Stage 1 Zebstrika HP120[L]
[sprite]522[/sprite]evolves from Blitzle

523.gif

NO.205 Thunderbolt Pokémon HT: 5'03" WT: 175.3 lbs..

SF-Ability
If you have 4 or more [L] pokemon in play then all attacks by Zebstrika requires no energy.

[L] Charge
Attach a Lighting Energy from your discard to one of your pokemon

[L] [L] [C] Thunder 120
weakness [F] x2 Resistance

retreat [C][C]

When this ill-tempered Pokémon runs wild, it shoots lightning from its mane in all directions.

What's the name of the ability? Ooh, ooh, name it Unlimited Voltage. That's sounds awesome!

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer

My precious Gligar entry:
gligar_by_jedi201-d7zscpx.png

A bit wordy for a Pokemon that doesn't usually have much going on in its TCG prints these days, but I like what I've done with it! ^_^
The way the Ability is worded means that you can't abuse it via Pokemon Catcher/Lysandre/anything that says you switch your opponent's Pokemon. As nice as it would be to have it activate through those types of cards, I don't think such a 'regular' Pokemon should have that much power... Maybe if this were Gliscor, I guess?
I did give Gligar a 'boost' to its HP and Resistance though; Phantom Gate's print of Gligar was a bit weaker than the previous 2 prints (Undaunted and Boundaries Crossed - prints from two different generations - had 70HP and a Lightning resistance), so I've gone old-fashioned in regards to its HP and its Resistance.
After rediscovering some extra plugins for Photoshop, I stuck with that freaky 3D render I had from earlier in the week and made some nice physical-looking artwork from it! And added some Pokemon TCG Poison skull markers because this card looooves its poison.

Enjoy! And bring on October, I'm keen for Halloween-themed stuff already!

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

Just got private notification that xDoggerx is dropping out of Text-Based, so whoever that wants to join is welcome.

inb4 it's less than 30 minutes before someone takes his place already... xD

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Ooh! Ooh! Can i join... or am i too late?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

REPOSTED WITH PERMISSION OF LUISPIPE8:
Luispipe8 said:
bbninjas said:
Just posted my card text/entry and merged with my previous thing.
yeah, that happens when you double-post. I give you permission, FOR THIS TIME ONLY, to DELETE the post and post all of them as a whole. Also C/P this PM so they know I'm allowing you to do it. Just wait 5 minutes after you receive this so I can save the current one and make sure nothing changes. If there's any change, you'll be disqualified. And also be more careful next time, ok?

And here is the card an hour after I was notified:
Stage 1 Hariyama [F] HP120
Evolves from Makuhita

hariyama.gif

NO. 297 Arm Thrust Pokémon HT: 7'07" WT: 559.5 lbs.
[F] [C] Straight-Arm Punch x40
Flip 2 coins with an outstretched arm. This attack does 40 damage times the number of heads.

[F] [F] [C] [C] Shot Put 100
If the weight of the Defending Pokémon is 220lbs or more, this attack's base damage is 50. (The weight of a Pokémon that doesn't have the weight printed on the card is 0lbs.)

weakness
[P] x2 resistance
retreat
[C] [C] [C]
It stomps on the ground to build power. It can send a 10-ton truck flying with a straight-arm punch.

Hariyama. Boring. Unless. You. Read. The. Pokedex. Entry. Pity I can't add to my current text card list...

Last edited:

Wigglytuff

Professional Shadow Stitcher

That's an interesting Hariyama card. "Flip 2 coins with an outstretched arm" Heh
I'm not sure if that's considered "believable" by judging standards but it's cool

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Wigglytuff said:
That's an interesting Hariyama card. "Flip 2 coins with an outstretched arm" Heh
I'm not sure if that's considered "believable" by judging standards but it's cool

Thanks!
I do wonder why it wouldn't be believable ;)... Think about the Cedric Juniper card. Got to love Cedric Juniper. :D

Wigglytuff

Professional Shadow Stitcher

bbninjas said:
Wigglytuff said:

Thanks!
I do wonder why it wouldn't be believable ;)... Think about the Cedric Juniper card. Got to love Cedric Juniper. :D
Nah I mean the whole "Flip 2 coins with an outstretched arm" thing. It seems like you may get marked down since it's just a gimmicky extra effect that would never be put onto a card

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

That is what I meant with Cedric. Guessing a card? Who knew?
I know what you mean though. Thanks for your critique. And I suggest we drop the conversation or a Mod might get angry at us ;) :p

Nod3

her majesty

I can't think of anything for my Pokémon and I am unwillingly going on holiday to some resort or some other, so I wish to spend the remainder of my break doing things I enjoy more.

Sorry, dropping out.