Ruling Pluspower question

Zyflair

Yes, sir. Of course, sir.
Advanced Member
(I kept searching for the compendium, but even they don't have the answer...)

Suppose we have a Pokemon (say... Rampardos PT) that deals damage to itself. If I were to attach a Pluspower to the Pokmon that deals damage to itself, would the damage be raised by ten? Thanks.

In that case rampardos will do 50 damage to itself if you knock out the defending pokemon with the first attack while having a pluspower attach to it. I believe it is in the compendium.

I think Plus Power says "Damage to the defending Pokemon is raised by ten". So it won't be raised by ten to itself.

I will BRB. I am checking now.

EDIT: The text says " the attack will do ten more damage to the Active Pokemon", it doesn't say that it'll do it to yourself.

Mudkip said:
I think Plus Power says "Damage to the defending Pokemon is raised by ten". So it won't be raised by ten to itself.

I will BRB. I am checking now.

EDIT: The text says " the attack will do ten more damage to the Active Pokemon", it doesn't say that it'll do it to yourself.

You will do 10 damage to yourself. Rampardos is an active pokemon, so it's +1 to itself if it KOs the defending pokemon

Plus Power, and Buck's Training, both add additional damage when recoil damage is applied. I recall reading that in the compendium somewhere, but please don't make me look for it.

Oh. I must've misread or something whil reading the card. Anyways, I am sorry Zyflair for giving you false info. :)

Why don't you just post the ruling, so this question is answered with an official ruling?

link to thread which has the answer from one of the guys that creates the compendium:
http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93279&highlight=rampardos

I hate to argue with the compendium...but it says THE active pokemon. This means 1 active pokemon and the goal is to KO opponents, just a thought.

Wiseman. said:
I hate to argue with the compendium...but it says THE active pokemon. This means 1 active pokemon and the goal is to KO opponents, just a thought.
Then it would say "Defending Pokemon"

Back